5772 replies to this topic

#21 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:11 pm

Rode my TDM to work. Stopped at the red light. Heard the alarm sirens go off. Dropped my side  stand, got off the bike (left it standing at the intersection -all other drivers left their cars too), sat low close to a concrete wall and waited.

Ten seconds later heard two muffled explosions from a distance, assuming they were anti-rockets missiles intercepting the incoming rockets from Gaza, got up, climbed back on my TDM, waited for the next green light and continued my uneventfull ride to work..

Just another morning in our crazy spot in the Middle East.

Danresh

bloody hell makes the M8 commute look like a walk in the park

Stay safe
tAM

Edited by TDMTAM, 10 July 2014 - 07:04 am.

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#22 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:36 pm

ordered fork seals today , did the daily commute , 70 miles , nothing as exciting as danresh

#23 lparker

lparker

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:13 pm

Added the tony archer seat!

Attached Files

#24 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:21 pm

Opened the garage door to check she was still there (loads of bikes going missing near me lately ) smiled and had a cuppa ! Love my bike but should really clean her bit more often.

#25 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:41 am

I thought about it as I ain't got it yet. :unsure2:

Soon??!! - You're not far away at all from me, Trevini & captain slow! 

Today the weather is still rubbish here, so no TDM action for me today :( 

#26 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:51 am

Soon??!! - You're not far away at all from me, Trevini & captain slow! 

Yeap, collecting this weekend.

I've meet Trev and Dan, think you joined in my absence but no doubt catch you soon.

Oh and I lied, I informed my insurers of the addition.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#27 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:07 am

Excellent stuff! Which one you getting? Yes definitely have to have a TDM meet up. 

You lied?! About what?!

#28 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:38 am

Rode my TDM to work. Stopped at the red light. Heard the alarm sirens go off. Dropped my side  stand, got off the bike (left it standing at the intersection -all other drivers left their cars too), sat low close to a concrete wall and waited.

Ten seconds later heard two muffled explosions from a distance, assuming they were anti-rockets missiles intercepting the incoming rockets from Gaza, got up, climbed back on my TDM, waited for the next green light and continued my uneventfull ride to work..

Just another morning in our crazy spot in the Middle East.

Danresh

Yikes! I guess you don't wear earplugs on the bike then?

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#29 danresh

danresh

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:19 am

ChrisG, actually I do wear earplugs but only when I go for out-of-town faster rides. No need for them when commuting to work and back.
You are correct in assuming that the alarm sirens would not be heard clearly, with the earplugs in.
However, when one rides through city traffic, and suddenly realises that the cars around him stopped and their drivers are positioning themselves in sheltered spots along the way - then the message is clear even if one heard nothing...

Waiting for better days

Danresh
Danresh - the HolyLand TDM knight

TDM900 (2009) - Lowered suspension, Lowered side-stand with wider tip, O2 sensor removed, Givi top and side-cases, H-7+90% headlights, Additional blinking backlights, Stehbel horn, Secdem screen, BMW1150 Bar-risers, Remote controled cellular alarm sys, Throttle lock cruise control, CrumpBuster, GIpro-x type Gear Indicator, Mirrors raised up and out. Rear sprocket-46 teeth. Speedo Healer. K&N AirFilter. Barkbusters Storm Hand-Guards. Dobeck Performance TFI-1025 injection control. Skene Design P3 back LED lights. G-2 Throttle Tamer. BikeVis Bullet LED DRLs on handguards. LED fairing light. 2 Cree U5 LED fog-lights mounted on engine guard. MRA Xcreen on windshield. PR3 tyres.

#30 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:27 am

Danresh it's sad that in 2014 mankind still has to kill each other for what ever reason, you can only hope that some day mankind will wake up and see we all including our planet live on borrowed time. I hope your TDM keeps you safe on the trips in and out of town.

Me and the TDM may go up to the Ace Cafe later "Italian day" may see some thing interesting.
2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#31 clocklaw

clocklaw

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:49 pm

I rode her over the weekend.......the weather was perfect!

2005 FJR1300 - "My Blue Angel"

1992 TDM850 - "Ginger"

1993 TDM850 - "Raven"

twins2_zpsc6932869.jpg

#32 danresh

danresh

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:58 pm

Thanks Arthurbikemad, you are perfectly right. enjoy Ace Cafe.

Danresh

Danresh - the HolyLand TDM knight

TDM900 (2009) - Lowered suspension, Lowered side-stand with wider tip, O2 sensor removed, Givi top and side-cases, H-7+90% headlights, Additional blinking backlights, Stehbel horn, Secdem screen, BMW1150 Bar-risers, Remote controled cellular alarm sys, Throttle lock cruise control, CrumpBuster, GIpro-x type Gear Indicator, Mirrors raised up and out. Rear sprocket-46 teeth. Speedo Healer. K&N AirFilter. Barkbusters Storm Hand-Guards. Dobeck Performance TFI-1025 injection control. Skene Design P3 back LED lights. G-2 Throttle Tamer. BikeVis Bullet LED DRLs on handguards. LED fairing light. 2 Cree U5 LED fog-lights mounted on engine guard. MRA Xcreen on windshield. PR3 tyres.

#33 Oil patch

Oil patch

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:00 pm

Had lunch out with swmbo and daughter but wished I was out on the bike across Exmoor. Came home, opened garage door looked at the red beauty and made plans for a ride out tomorrow. Incidentally I have a niece with red hair and that probably why I love her so. She is a red beauty just like the tdm. That's where the similarity ends. lol

#34 dogard

dogard

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:39 pm

fitted my satnav, an old tomtom one i used to have in the car. been using it for 3 years on the bike now with no problems, waterfroofing is taken care off by a clear ziplock bag and a rubber band. the best no money i ever spent.

#35 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:00 pm

Today............P1010024_zpsc45b0d82.jpg

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#36 dogard

dogard

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:07 pm

ooooh nice, like northern scotland but less caravans.

#37 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:29 pm

Went to mini Europe today  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#38 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:38 pm

Favs, that's a great pic! Today, nothing with the TDM, seems I have man flu :(
2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#39 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:14 pm

Today............P1010024_zpsc45b0d82.jpg

I wonna come to.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#40 dicky1

dicky1

just half a litre to go

• 837 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:42 pm

Gave the bikes a final check-over before departure tomorrow on a 4-6 week trip to Norway via Denmark. Now its fingers crossed time that the tdm & Francoise's varadero don't let us down in some remote region.
TDM 900ABS, Suzuki DR250 twin-cam off-roader
Hers Honda XL1000, TTR250 off-roader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users