• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jamy

jamy

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:06 pm

Currently on tour around Scotland, set out with no real plans, just making it up as I go along.

Have been through the borders, up to Stirling and along the Dukes pass and around Loch Lomond. Rode through the Cairngorms yesterday, the old military road (A93) was probably the best day I've had on the bike to be honest - pure sunshine and the 900 was just lapping up the curved roads.
Currently half way to John O Groats and staying with a family member for a couple of days.

Only issue I've had was when it was very wet, was running horribly at low revs and stalling - became very dangerous when the engine cut out whilst moving and in gear. Any advice on a fix??

I've uploaded a couple of images to Imgur: halfway through the Cairngorms and Tulla reservoir. https://imgur.com/a/8VmOLJQ

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:51 pm

Lubbly. Ewe is gonna need new plug leads furra proper fix but self amalgamating tape will get ewe home and then some. Just wrap da leads noice.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 jamy

jamy

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 10:52 am

Thank you, I shall try the local hardware store for some tape tomorrow. Will post more pics of the trip in this thread in due course

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 May 2023 - 02:33 pm

😎

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 15 May 2023 - 04:31 pm

Thank you, I shall try the local hardware store for some tape tomorrow. Will post more pics of the trip in this thread in due course

If you can't get any tape, some rubber hose split lengthways popped over the coil lead where it runs near the frame will get you out of trouble.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#6 jamy

jamy

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 05:23 pm

If you can't get any tape, some rubber hose split lengthways popped over the coil lead where it runs near the frame will get you out of trouble.

I have ordered some tape (Everbuild Silweld) and hopefully that should be here soon. If that doesn't work I shall try your method, I have some old inner tube in my tools that may do the trick.
Is it best to tape up the whole leads? Or just where they meet the plug caps, or on the bit where they touch the frame?

#7 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 15 May 2023 - 05:44 pm

I’ve only ever done the bit near the frame on mine. Been ok since about 2006!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#8 jamy

jamy

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 04:22 pm

Had a good ride in the dry yesterday... The roads and the views up in the Highlands are something else!

Tape arrived and I have wrapped the leads up in it. Raining now though so can't reassemble...

https://imgur.com/a/ZeqYymr- a few pics of yesterday and the leads, also Nala the cat.

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 May 2023 - 04:27 pm

Noice pics and noice wrappin.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users