13 replies to this topic

#1 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:52 pm

One weekend in three i have to use the bike for work. This week it poured down every day.

Took two pairs of gloves on day one. Both saturated by evening.

As they dried out I wore third pair on day two and had very wet hands on the way home

Day three I got to work with the gloves that had dried out from day one. But got soaked on the way home.

Day. 4 I fitted the winter hand muffs & bliss dry hands.

Same on Friday.

Riding a bike in "British summer" is a labour of love. Not a pleasure :huh: 

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,732 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:54 pm

Your beginning to sound like that Studley fella :P

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:19 pm

Goretex is your friend  :good:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#4 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:03 pm

Beat me to it Mick.

Nothing beats a good pair of Gortex gloves. I ride every day in some torrential rain and am always dry and warm.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#5 dablik

dablik

• 10,732 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:10 pm

Have to agree, it works until it does'nt and i cant remember the last time i got wet..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:20 pm

muffs is good

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,732 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:23 pm

muffs is good

Muff's are brilliant.

#8 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:08 pm

Been a lifelong fan of the muff and  Muff diving  :good: There facinating things :wub:

Edited by jono49, 11 June 2017 - 10:09 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#9 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:52 am

I totally agree here.

BUT finding a pair of waterproof gloves is a mission.

I've been through so many pairs.  Add to that the fact that the gloves sleeves seal is the easiest place for water ingress and you're setting yourself up for an expensive testing period to find the perfect match.

Goretex is your friend  :good:

Beat me to it Mick.

Nothing beats a good pair of Gortex gloves. I ride every day in some torrential rain and am always dry and warm.

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#10 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:07 pm

[...] finding a pair of waterproof gloves is a mission.

I've been through so many pairs.  Add to that the fact that the gloves sleeves seal is the easiest place for water ingress and you're setting yourself up for an expensive testing period to find the perfect match.

I have a pair of these (or, at least, very similar): 

Rukka Mars Gore-Tex Glove 

....water proof for quite a while - and not unpleasantly damp when warm.

Bjørge

#11 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:28 pm

All my gloves are waterproof but after the ride to work/home the damp seeps through while they are drying out. I expected more from the £85 Held ones. :sorry: 
No it's muffs next time. I will put them on Sunday night. :badgerrock:

Edited by TinTin, 12 June 2017 - 02:51 pm.

#12 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:33 pm

Oh, that problem.... I never have a problem with my gloves back from work, but my rides is like 20~25 minutes, may have to do with how deep watwer has intruded....

Bjørge

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,732 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:33 pm

Sam put ya sleeves over your gloves mate :P

#14 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,428 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:11 pm

I've got some BMW branded gloves which have been excellent. They have an inner cuff the sleeve goes over, then a zip up over cuff. Had them for 5 years now. Seems to work very well but they were £105.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users