>>> INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE <<<

• Please log in to reply
2136 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:07 pm

QUOTE(PICARD @ Sun 6th May 2007, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Jude, wish our bank balances were alike !!

yep... that would be a bonus wouldnt it hon

ha ha

#22 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:36 am

QUOTE(jude @ Sun 6th May 2007, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yay!!!! that suites you sir....you are so much alike too...lol

Agreed - cool move cool.gif good.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#23 Guest_snoz_*

Guest_snoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:54 pm

hi my name is snoz(nothing to do with my big snoreing gear) i ride a red 850 on a r plate, have had my bike about 6months and its the most fun i have had out of bed for a long time. enough about me just like to say hello and am enjoying your site xxxxx
attention.gif firefighter not copper attention.gif[

Edited by snoz, 08 May 2007 - 10:18 pm.

#24 Stuart-900

Stuart-900

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:16 pm

Welcome (again) Snoz - see the link worked then good.gif I guess it would be a red TDM, wouldn't it! cool.gif
In the world of I.T. anything is possible (but only according to those that don't understand the problem)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 900 with Scottoiler, Starcom communications system, Givi engine bars, Stebel Magnum horn, ATC-2k digital video camera, Fender Extender, Vario winglet, seat, wheels, noisy engine type thing...
VFR 800 VTEC with Starcom communications system, ATC-2k digital video camera, seat, wheels, slightly different noisy engine type thing...

http://www.theultimatehigh.co.uk/

#25 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:21 pm

Welcome Snoz!
i just a little bit south of you and i often ride up to Walton/Claction area in the summer as i have family there and there are some great country lanes wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#26 BIG BILL

BIG BILL

sticking around

• 32 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:49 pm

Hi" BIG BILL here.
I live in NORTHUMBERLAND land of the great roads.
I have just purchased my first TDM a 900 in 05 gusie with ABS and only now 1000 miles and I love it.

BIG BILL I,M ON THE LARGE SIDE OF THE FORCE (FAT)

Edited by BIG BILL, 11 May 2007 - 12:50 pm.

#27 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:55 pm

QUOTE(BIG BILL @ Fri 11th May 2007, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi" BIG BILL here.
I live in NORTHUMBERLAND land of the great roads.
I have just purchased my first TDM a 900 in 05 gusie with ABS and only now 1000 miles and I love it.
BIG BILL I,M ON THE LARGE SIDE OF THE FORCE (FAT)

Welcome Bill!

got any pics? i loike pictures....helps me with the big words.....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#28 BIG BILL

BIG BILL

sticking around

• 32 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:08 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Fri 11th May 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome Bill!

got any pics? i loike pictures....helps me with the big words.....

Will try and sort some out.

BIG BILL

#29 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:10 pm

welcome to snoz and to big bill, glad you have joi9ned us, hope you like it here drinks.gif

#30 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:14 pm

Welcome to Snoz and Bill, you do know that you have started something dont you!
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#31 m3psm

m3psm

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:47 am

Hi everyone. Thought I'd post as I always look on here whenever I need any info on the bike.

I'm Paul from sunny Harlow in Essex. I ride a 1992 green TDM850 with 19k miles. I've had it for a couple of years now but only really used it for meetings in London. I've now changed jobs and work full time in the city so it's just passed it's MOT again and has now started earning it's keep as an everyday city commuter.

I've had a lot of bikes over the years from R1 to C90 to Husqvarna but always had a hankering for a TDM after riding one when they first came out and I'm really impressed with it so far.

I'm an ex-dispatch rider, so if you see a green TDM with grey Arai and black visor getting cheeky through the London traffic, it's probably me rolleyes.gif

Paul

Ride it like you stole it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Riding since 1986. First bike - SS50, fastest bike - ZZR1100, best bike riden - Ducati 900SS, next must-have bike - Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport, next everyday bike - TDM900, worst bike - Kwak GT750, bike I put most mileage on - GSX55ES (100k+ couriering), scariest bike - '85 GSX1100 (shocking brakes), best all round bike - TDM850 (current bike), bike I'll never own - any custom, favourite bike - current TDM850 Mk1, favourite accessory - gaffa tape.

#32 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:56 am

Welcome Paul!

yay the Essex presence is growing biggrin.gif

My TDM :

#33 m3psm

m3psm

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:02 pm

Cheers. I've seen a few TDM's on the way into work from the Essex side already.
Ride it like you stole it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Riding since 1986. First bike - SS50, fastest bike - ZZR1100, best bike riden - Ducati 900SS, next must-have bike - Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport, next everyday bike - TDM900, worst bike - Kwak GT750, bike I put most mileage on - GSX55ES (100k+ couriering), scariest bike - '85 GSX1100 (shocking brakes), best all round bike - TDM850 (current bike), bike I'll never own - any custom, favourite bike - current TDM850 Mk1, favourite accessory - gaffa tape.

#34 Wrant

Wrant

sticking around

• 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:59 pm

Hello I am from Leicester, England. I just bought a 2006 TDM900, it is my 12th bike I traded in an 2004 XT660R for it. Do not let anyone buy an XT660 they say Yamaha on them but are made in France. The build quality and list of problems I had with it should make Yamaha be ashamed.

I was a member of an XT forum and we worked together to force Yamaha in various countries to recognise the problems and find solutions. so I found this forum to do some research.

I am looking for further advise on

1) Suspension settings-- I am 14 stone and an experimenting at the moment has anyone of a similair weight found the perfect setup?

2) I am 5'10 and looking for a better screen any recomendations?

3) Meets in Leic/Derby/Notts

Wrant

Edited by Wrant, 15 May 2007 - 06:00 pm.

#35 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:29 pm

Welcome Wrant!
i'm sure someone with more knowledge and less flab will be able to help you out wink.gif

My TDM :

#36 Matteo

Matteo

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:55 pm

Hi guys, my name is Matteo (maybe you guessed from my nick!) and I am an Italian currently living in London (Docklands area). I have almost always had a bike and after a short break since moving to the UK I just got a brand new....BMW F800 ST!...Hope this is not much of a disappointment for you. In my defence I owned a Yamaha YZF Thundercat a few years ago ad hope this (partially) compensate for the BMW.
I look forward to mmeting you on the road!
Matteo

I posted this in the wrong 3D sorry.... unsure.gif unsure.gif
M

#37 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:50 pm

no worries mate! good.gif
Welcome to Carpe cool.gif

looking for an 850 for a 900 ?

My TDM :

#38 rider_for_fun

rider_for_fun

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:10 pm

hi all..
thought I should introduce my self...My name is Stein..yeah like the German one litre beer glasses.. I am a Norwegain and the prod owner of a wey nice TDM 850 2001(0) mod. Unfortunately I am in london (since september) at the moment while my bike is back in Norway ranting.gif But luckily I am going back in a few days and is looking forward to get the bike out of the garage again yeahyeahyeah.gif ..I know us summer riders are dodgy but thats the only option in Norway any way.

Norway is a great country for riding a bike over the summer though, nice and twisty roads although they can be a bit bumpy especially in the spring but this is what the TDM is good at in my opinion (atleast compared to the average RR bike) well thats enough blah blah... Hope to see lots of TDMs at the Norwegian roads this summer.

laters
Stein

Edited by rider_for_fun, 22 May 2007 - 08:16 pm.

#39 Guest_blarsen_*

Guest_blarsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:15 am

Hiya.

Another Norwegian here. As you might have seen in other threads I've recently gotten my '91 black 850 back on the road again and rejoined Carpe (which has changed quite a bit from when I last hang out here), and have suddenly remembered why it is fun to ride a bike.

I live in Stavanger on the southwestern coast, where I'm a computer software programmer geek/old fart working for the oil industry here. I do programming and database meddling, mostly.

I've got a 2001 F650GS as well. With the TDM back on the road it will mostly be used for commutes on rainy days. And I guess I'll still be using it when wifey decides to go along for a sunday cruise on her Shadow - riding a TDM that slow is rather tiresome. blink.gif

A personal fact that English-speaking folk seem to find hilarious is that my middle name is Hell. If you wonder why that is so, you should check out http://www.nonews.ne...arsen/hell.html

Cheers,

Bjørn

Edited by blarsen, 23 May 2007 - 11:18 am.

#40 mattbishop.nz

mattbishop.nz

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:41 am

Gidday,
Just bought a '92 TDM on Monday. She's a bit rough at the moment, been stored outside for a while, but with a bit of elbow grease I reckon it'll be a nice bike for the roads over this way.

Will have lots of questions as I strip me bike down and put it back together, so will see you all round.

Cheers,
Matt

(other bike is an '85 Honda CBX750)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users