#1 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:53 pm

Resurrected this thread now summer is over with a reduced price.

I've had this bike since 2005 and it's been brilliant. I've toured thousands of miles on it all over France, Spain, Portugal, Holland and Germany most years and it has never once broken down or even missed a beat, which is why it's been so hard to let the bike go. 

To bike is mechanically sound apart from a judder on braking that is likely due to the floating rotors (the brakes will need an overhaul) and the plastics will mostly need to be replaced. The headlight shroud was damaged some years ago and both side panels are crap. It has a centre stand, Givi pannier rack (you can't have the panniers though ) Yamaha top box and Renthal bars. I can throw in some new crash sliders that I never fitted and a pair of BMW hand guards. I will not be selling any parts or breaking, it's the whole package or nothing. 

It now has just 59950 on the clock, so like it'll be 60k in the next few days. 

Current MOT up to August 2019. 

£650 or an offer not too far away.

KVJ6hkv.jpgWxW9VY6.jpg

Edited by muddy, 22 November 2018 - 07:46 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:42 pm

Oh Len................................................. :punishment:

I would have bitten your hand off last year furrit, got to much into me mk1 now, should sell easy i reckon, good luck fella, what's replacing it.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:56 pm

If you were a bit further north I'd be up for it. :sorry:

#4 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:04 pm

I know :sorry: It's been the hardest decision. I'm sort of loyal to those who've been good to me and that includes bikes. It occurred to me that being a norvner now the distance to Newhaven means I'm probably going to be doing most of my riding around these parts and Scotland and the TDM was always a wrestle for me to lay into corners and there are lots of bendy bits here. That and the fact that I've wanted ABS for a while and maybe a few other bells and whistles. I've narrowed the bikes down to MT07 Tracer and I need to test ride a Suzuki Vstrom 650 and maybe a Honda CB500X to see if I can accept that sort of drop in power. But who know, I might end up with a BM........ :lol:

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#5 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:17 pm

Bmw gs 750 gets a rave review, has a 19" front whereas the 850 has a 21" for more off road, an MT07 for sure, wot about Suzy SV650 !!

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:18 pm

I want to make an offer, but i want to say also that you would get more than 700 as a trade in , wouldn't you ?

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#7 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:26 pm

I want to make an offer, but i want to say also that you would get more than 700 as a trade in , wouldn't you ?

I don't think so, the bashed plastics just negate it's resale value I would think. I mean it could sell as a decent winter hack, but how much would a dealer be able to get? Open to offers but will wait until a week has passed and the best offer wins, unless someone thinks it's worth the £700. I'd rather someone here has it, then maybe I can watch it be given a face lift. 

#8 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:28 pm

Any MOT ? :)

#9 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:30 pm

Bmw gs 750 gets a rave review, has a 19" front whereas the 850 has a 21" for more off road, an MT07 for sure, wot about Suzy SV650 !!

the SVs seem like nice wee bikes, but I'd pick the DL650 over it as it has more road presence. I'm just going to test a few bikes and see what fits. There are some good deals on the VStrom, so I'm leaning towards that or the MT07 Tracer, which I really liked. It just needs a rear shock upgrade and maybe a change of springs on the front. 

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:30 pm

Some wrap on the plastics and sorted :good:

#11 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:33 pm

Any MOT ? :)

Ooops. Yes, I'll update that. It's MOT'd til August. 

#12 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:36 pm

Ooops. Yes, I'll update that. It's MOT'd til August. 

In that case if nobody else takes it within a few days, I can get a cheap flight to Luton next Sunday, if I can get to yours from Luton easily ? I'm not able to fully commit right now but definitely interested

#13 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:38 pm

In that case if nobody else takes it within a few days, I can get a cheap flight to Luton next Sunday, if I can get to yours from Luton easily ? I'm not able to fully commit right now but definitely interested

The good news is I'm now living in Cumbria, as is the bike :) Take a ride down and have a look. 

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:44 pm

The good news is I'm now living in Cumbria, as is the bike :) Take a ride down and have a look. 

Great news indeed !

Whereabouts in Cumbriana ?  (I'm not seriously looking into getting a train down yet or anything ;) ) . I'll take your word on it's mechanical solidity and reliability.

See if anyone else pops up wanting it, otherwise I'm in

Edited by fixitsan, 28 April 2018 - 09:52 pm.

#15 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:32 pm

Hi dablik

I did not understand because 21".

You mean the TDM 850 should have a 21 "the front wheel??

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:44 am

Cumbria is only up the road from you. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:02 am

Hi dablik

I did not understand because 21".

You mean the TDM 850 should have a 21 "the front wheel??

Cheers!

Sorry Sid, a bit confusing that, i was refering to the BMW F850GS in referance to muddy's suggestion to buy a "BMW" 

#18 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:41 am

It's near Penrith so not far from you, it has an MOT and is roadworthy and there's a train station in the village (I PM'd Muddy last night)

If anyone else wants it don't feel like you're jumping in front of me, I'm in no rush, but if Muddy needed it gone ( he doesn't really, he wants to keep it, he just hasn't realised that yet ;) ;) ;)  )  I could get it, but don't have much room for it, hence my hesitation

#19 Kishada

Kishada

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:56 pm

Hi all, thanks to the mods for granting the joining request. I'll save the introduction until I'm successfull in becoming an owner but I'm wondering if this was sold in April or is still available? Thanks 👍

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:55 pm

Hello dare and welcome. Last I heard mudster decided to change the fork oil instead of selling but I'm sure he will be along to clarify.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users