• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RatHawk

RatHawk

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 57 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:44 pm

Got to do a few laps of the Smokies last week on the TDM.  I think it may be the best bike I've ever ridden up there! Thanks Killboy for the pic.1063824_10151773660023140_823695625_o.jp

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:27 pm

What a brilliant picture..the road looks great as well...and Red mk1's are the dogs  :good:

Edit....Oi where's the engine guards  :punishment:

Edited by dablik, 27 June 2013 - 02:28 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:10 pm

The Crashbars were sitting in a box back home.  I tried to work it out for them to be on prior to the trip but missed them getting here by a couple days.  No worries, just means I'll have to go back to the Carolinas to recreate this pic!  The Avon Distanzias were great on the wet roads, EBC pads did their jobs and the 7w fork oil seemed to stiffen up the front a little.  Had to let off the right grip after I started scraping my boots on a later ride on the Cherohala without the passenger screaming bloody murder.   Everyone in the US should make a pilgrimage to this area with their bike one day.  It really is a great riding destination and the local folks are all very happy to have us around.  

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:00 pm

cool pic of yew 2.  gr8 lookin MK1 too, which is sporting the early style paint finish on the engine.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:04 pm

So all the early ones had a flaky, scaly finish?! Now I don't feel so bad.  

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:11 pm

Great pic - I had a run down the Smokies on a Suzuki V Strom 1000 - crackin' road  :good:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:21 pm

So all the early ones had a flaky, scaly finish?! Now I don't feel so bad.  

sorry i meant colour (color)  as the later mk1's had  silver engine color as opposed to bronzey/brown'ish color of the early bikes like yours.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users