has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:23 am

Hi spodge

Saw your 

Testing A Fuelly Sig

post on the forum and thought I'd give it a try too.

I've got years of fuel consumption data in similar apps, so tried to export/import them to Fuelly.

Once I'd got around all the US/UK date issues and the rest, all looked OK on the face of it.

I noticed that a couple of crucial and valid mpg figures weren't appearing.

After 5 attempts, individual edits, full deletions, I chose to delete all values and enter all of them from scratch by hand.

Inexplicably, even now,  though I was entering each fill individually according to date/full/partial, some full fills were still not showing a mpg figure.

The point being that the final figure shown on the Fuelly sig didn't tally with what I knew to be true.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is where many of the wild mpg figures come from.

Just saying, keep an eye out for the first entry that goes awry.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:14 pm

Surely someone somewhere would have noticed the 'fault' with the software by now and reported it to Mr Fuelly. :unsure2:

Hard to imagine that you'd be the first person ever to notice the 'fault' given that a lot of peeps have used Fuelly over the years.

Maybe it's time to accept other peeps MPG's statements as being true, shirley we can't all be wrong.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:27 pm

Just saying. Check every entry you make. Eventually the dbase will screw it up I'm pretty certain.

Wasted three hours just trying to get things to tally. (They didn't BTW). :huh:  

If people are so eager to sup up any BS they're served up without questioning it then they're more than welcome.

Programming is subject to bugs too you know. Heard of Heartbleed?

So just a mention. I think the Fuelly site is buggy.

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:30 pm

I would contact em aboot it they should be interested to know or might be able to confirm a bug or zummat. 

Oi loike to use new mulsion tubelly...that works wonders...no bugs. :)

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:38 pm

It might be an American / European thing. Litres / gallons etc.

The site failed to register numerous full fills, which I take to be essential for recording mpg figures.

I do know that I knew what I was doing at my end. some entries were fine, others barking.

It might be a statistical operation that i'm not aware of. I haven't read the f.manual.  :blush2:

I won't bother contacting them. If their users aren't cautious enough to check for the expected outcome, well that's down to them.

I mean, even this stout fortress falls over often enough!  :)

#7 spodge

spodge

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:59 pm

I started a while back using my own spreadsheet (manually calculated)for MPG
So far they [my figures and fuelly] have tallied, if there was a discrepancy then that's when I'll stop using Fuelly

Pete
255964.png

#8 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:31 pm

So I Googled Fuelly+error and found their forum site.

There were many forms of discrepancy being reported and a "complete and reasonable explanation" (v.big bunny ears) for each one, mostly statistical, aimed at preserving the accuracy of their data base.

One explanation, your data isn't reported because it doesn't conform with the pattern and ranges observed for your model, gets me thinking.

If my data, 100% true, is being selectively blocked because it doesn't fit in with the trends that they're expecting, then why bother. Who has mucked it up for me?

Looks like the fuelly world for the Yamaha TDM850 1998 is a little bit skewed for me at least. I'll have to stick with my homemade spreadsheet and Android app. (Fuellio)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users