Photo

My HID Xenon installation (low and high beam)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:29 pm

Just checking to be sure, to be sure...having received a half a HID kit from nephew i'm gonna fit it but need a new bulb,,, so should be an H7R me thinks and lookee here at this with a metal base so no mucking about with foam an stuff or waiting for placcy parts from China, so, will it fit  :munching_out:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#42 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:32 pm

Think you still need the spacer to make it fit without rattling around as the clip don't reach bulb.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#43 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:56 pm

Think you still need the spacer to make it fit without rattling around as the clip don't reach bulb.

I knew it....okay cheers Rallyist, have to try and find the placcy spacer now..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#44 roadrunnerr

roadrunnerr

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:14 pm

Few years ago I decided to stop riding my 1998 4TX by hearing at night and get myself HID low beam. Even despite I always try to keep things legal as much as possible, but at some point it became dangerous. And so I did. But during the process of installation I found the problem of shitty lights on my bike (it has to be a common problem as it's just the way the thing is built), fixed it and as a result I have now HID low beam installed, but disconnected, because the original light with a good bulb (Osram Night Breaker) is just as good as HID. And the fix also included rising charging voltage from 13,6 at riging RPMs with lights on to 14,2 stable (ex. full load at idle).

Now the question, as I very rarely come here and don't feel quite home to decide: should I describe the problem and a fix process, or is it already well known issue and everybody knows the way to fix the front lights and charging issue?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users