6 replies to this topic

#1 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:48 pm

Today I tinted my spots amber, a bit of a test to see if I can increase conspiccuity in both daytime and nighttime
In my area and the roads i travel I never see vehicles with amber fog lights so the theory is I will be making myself really stand out
Anyone else try it ?

Attached Files

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#2 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:16 am

I like that

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:24 am

God years ago in Eire ya wud see a fair few cars with amber spots, ya hardly ever see them now. Looks good.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:09 am

It's ok to be different......(sing along with chorus.....)

Yeah, if your aim is to be more conspicuous, these will probably get a double take, 'cause EVVVVERRYYYone's got LED or fog lamps on!!!

IMHO, just because you're seen, dosn't mean you're acted upon.......but that's an entirely different debate......like 'em tho'.....

Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:59 pm

How’s the test going, and how did you tint them?

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:41 pm

God years ago in Eire ya wud see a fair few cars with amber spots, ya hardly ever see them now. Looks good.

Still many in France

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:03 pm

Hows the test going, and how did you tint them?

This test is going good, I'm getting some strange looks these days but that's good it means I'm now being seen, twice since I started this thread I've had a car attempt to pull out of a side road in front of me and both times the driver stopped and pulled back, both cars were driven by a woman so I'll presume I'm now a little more conspicous:)
Obviously I will still ride defensively but every little helps !
I took the lenses off and painted the inside of them with yellow acrylic paint, about an hour a day riding these days in all weather and and few long spins and it's holding up well
Pic of paint below

Attached Files

Edited by JMC, 15 October 2019 - 10:04 pm.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users