• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 danjohnston89

danjohnston89

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 September 2020 - 01:20 pm

I have a cracked flange on one of the header pipes and although you can buy replacement ones I am struggling to see how they fit onto the downpipes themselves as they come as one piece. Does anybody know how they are supposed to be replaced as they can not slide over the exhaust from any point, thanks. [attachment=13660:685EDD76-FFED-4CFA-903F-324DE7F558C6.jpeg

Attached Files

Edited by danjohnston89, 25 September 2020 - 01:21 pm.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:00 pm

You'd have to cut the pipes then weld 'em up after slipping the collars on, sure a local fab shop would do it for you.  From memory, Kawasaki do a 2-piece collar that might fit, save you having to cut n weld the pipes.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:59 am

...or it may be easier to cut'n weld the flanges? A bit more slack then, pipes really need to be welded back to exact position and direction...tack welded in situ would be necessary on pipes
Bjørge

#4 danjohnston89

danjohnston89

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:31 am

Thanks for the reply chaps

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:14 am

In the pic you can see they have pigeon pooped the exhaust back together.

As SR said, there was some talk of some split collar Kawasaki ones but not sure what happened with them.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Exhaust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users