#1 itchyfeet2

itchyfeet2

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 123 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:37 pm

Hi all,

I dont have a picture but as you look at the 3vd fuel tap, the top hose goes into the tap via a right angled elbow. That complete elbow comes out of my fuel tap (obviously squirting fuel out).

Should this elbow have an 'o' ring to hold it in, should it be soldered or braised in or is it fooked.

Thanks to anyone wif da knowledge.

( I'm not a freeloader, I have subscribed to the forum,)

Edited by itchyfeet2, 23 November 2020 - 08:39 pm.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:22 am

Yes it should have an o ring.  It's the reserve feed and is a push fit.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 itchyfeet2

itchyfeet2

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:40 am

Brilliant, thanks Studders.

Think that may explain the small black rubber like flakes in my carb bowl.

Hopefully that o ring is part of the tap rebuild kit.

cheers.

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:12 pm

Not sure if it is in the kit or not tbh.  Seem to remember Dablik struggling to find the o ring a while ago.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:56 pm

Might be worth checking the fuel tap bolts that secure it to the frame.  If the bolts aren't original you might find one of the bolts can push on the reserve coupling, forcing it out of the tap.

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:01 pm

:wifgeni:  i could'nt find an o'ring to fit, it's tiny and i'm sure is square sided also, had repaired mine with Loctite chemical metal but that has'nt lasted, also bought a used replacement which went west also, now have a new one in-situ, another option is an electric pump but most people that fit one seem to revert back to mechanical..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 itchyfeet2

itchyfeet2

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:10 pm

Thanks for the replies.

ive bought a second hand tap, hopefully has o ring. have you seen the cost of brand new? Bloomin hell.

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:04 pm

Thanks for the replies.

ive bought a second hand tap, hopefully has o ring. have you seen the cost of brand new? Bloomin hell.

Sure, but after buying used which turned out to be shoite as well a new one would of been cheaper from the start, i would'nt be so comfortable riding around with a dodgy fuel tap leaking on a hot engine, you may get a decent used one but all are knocking on in years now..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users