• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 cobi

cobi

sticking around

• 39 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:04 pm

I should have mentioned that I folded the membrane up 6 inches or so around the edges so that moisture couldn't get to the plywood floor and taped it to the walls. It has been like that for 18 month now with no issues.

#22 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:32 am

sounds loike yer gerrin on top of the problem.  Try and avoid the temptation to climb up on that roof as me relation did just that and fell 12 feet,  he's now dead. I prolly have the kit ya need to reach the aforementioned hedgerow in the form of 1.2m long rods that clip together, you can attach a hook to the end and push/pull/drag things as required. Eggsellent bit of kit but your up near Le Havre so moiles and moiles away from ear.

Be good if ya can fix that big ole fan ya found too.  I do have envy fer yer hanger as it sounds ferry big and will allow fer plenty of 'fettling space'.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:27 pm

Thanks cobi oil use a wooden frame or summat to stop the membrane scooping up any water.

Two things I'm not keen on asbestos and heights so no intention to go on roof!! At apex is about 16foot so oil pass. Doon workin most every other week Wicky. Tomato and zaturday oil be dare .... Not many other places ewe will get a 70+ year old janner, on hearing a Frenchy speaking say "ear what r ewe then" :lolzio:

Thick damp proof Membrane now down, 7mx4m to give me a little room each side. Another smaller hard plastic membrane on top of that and some tongue/groove chipboard to go on that....salvaged from digging up the dining room floor.

RH only dropped another 1% to 75% overnight so still a way to go....come on poly tunnel!!!!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:41 pm

Soooo....a bit more effort and.....

After asking Larry the Bampton rat if oi could burrow his rat rods for the gutter I learnt, he already had plans to do his lock up and the guttering is finstock/concrete and sits a top the structural walls so it's possible to walk the gutter channels with a shovel to clear...gulp. so me and ratty have a roof date on Monday!

I also tried to get the fan going
.... Found out there are two fans and a whole lot of complicated wiring/plumbing.
Managed to get one fan going and WOW!!! The controls are outside so I went in hangar to check if it was running or if the noise was a plane landing....I then couldn't get back out as the 3 foot fan 30 metres away had suctioned the barn doors shut :lolzio:!!!!!!!!!

I wedged the doors partially open and cranked the fan up.... Within 30 mins the RH went from 75% to 62%. Once the outside RH was below the in car level, I opened the car doors and it took the in car RH down 4% in 5 mins.... Another victory. Woohoo.

But I can't leave the fan on permanently as it might bring the building down haaaaaa. Also within 30 minsof the fan being off the RH went up 3%. It is 3 phase electrickery so I don't think putting a timer or inline hygrostat is gonna be feasible.

Inside another control panel is a crazy board of gizmos... It has a switch that says "dehum on" :haaaaarghhh: can't get this box of gizmos to do oubt.

Very silly that I didn't spend the time to do this a long while back.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#25 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:01 pm

sounds loike The Bampton Rat is gonna do the walking the line and shovelling so let him at it if yer no confident with heights.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#26 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:19 am

Been watching this thread for weeks now and the mystery is killing me....am I the only one who dosn't know what dangermouse is?? Good luck with the damp patch Daps...
happens to us all at some point.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#27 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:54 am

No one quite knows what dangermouse is!

#28 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:34 am

Well we can deduce that it contains ferous metals and soft furnishings and is probably not a submarine.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#29 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:52 am

: lolzio:

Now soft and squelchy furnishings!

#30 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:31 pm

Some progress.

Had giant fan working most of day while I built poly tunnel. Main RH down to 65%. Poly tunnel was at 72% when I started and down to 64% by the end.

Will see what happens now main fan off.....

Tomorrow is roof date with Larry the Bampton rat and trying to work out what the gizmo board does and why it ain't doing it.

Attached File  IMG_20180909_102515.jpg   157.53KB   0 downloads

Tried googling the Trend IQ100+ for a user Manuel but couldn't find oubt even on the trend website. It will display RH inside and out, temp, and a load of other info. It has timers and you can adjust humidity settings.

#31 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:32 pm

Well we can deduce that it contains ferous metals and soft furnishings and is probably not a submarine.

Thats about as far as I got too! Oh, and it lives in a hangar.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#32 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:41 pm

.... And it would seem the poly tunnel did the trick. With hygomostat on desicated coconut dehydrogenator set to 50% it shut off after a few hours. Whoop whoop.

Now to try and cram the TDM and Dave in dare too.

#33 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:29 pm

Great result, well done Dappers. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:05 pm

Just gotta hope with winter and the inevitably increase in RH that it can cope.

There is another benefit with the big fan in that I can use it to dry any vehicle that comes in wet.

Also have a great supply of distilled water.

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:48 pm

This is now a pleasant place to spend time. The boikes squeezed in the tunnel too.

Tunnel at 50% RH.... At which point dehydrogenator switches off. In 30 mins the RH rises to, at most 55%. At 30 mins the dehydrogenator sniffs the air detects it's above 50% and the process repeats.

By sealing, fan using, some heat and gutter clearing (85 buckets full) the main area has been as low as 58% but more normally 60s/low 70s.

The gutter cleaning was a mission. Rat on a luke warm asbestos roof.
Attached File  IMG_20180914_105826.jpg   298.43KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20180915_113605.jpg   311.33KB   0 downloads

And now to start fixing the mess it has caused. This used to be a dist/pick up coil!!
Attached File  IMG_20180913_152756.jpg   205.68KB   1 downloads

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:19 am

:badgerrock:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#37 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:24 pm

well dun PK,  so do's (bit of Devon slang there fer yas!) Rangerdouse need alorra work to dry he out internally and is that rusty dist/pick salvageable?  I bet the bodywerk on that 'merican car is stihl rust and bubble free?

#38 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:45 pm

Nah. Dangermouse doors can be left open in da tunnel which dried out damp interior fast. Doesn't smell tangy anymore.

No starty issue due (at least partly) to the pick up coil that lives in the pile of rust in pic... Even my limited electrickery abilities figured out that one. To replace dist needs to come out, strip, shim, rebuild and the jobs a carrot. Other bits, connections, spark plug ends, dist cap etc will all need a wire wooling.

Zero rust on panels....:lolzio:. Chassis galvanised and I rebuilt the underneath ermm err... 16 years ago so that should beef wine.

I did end up going up on the roof as we cleared my lock up and then every other booger wanted theirs done. There is a hidden room that has access onto the roof what you can see behind the rat, so not too bad at all.

#39 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:46 pm

I had some water coming in through a breeze block wall at the far end.. .... Bizarre as outside the wall is sealed and partly undercover and very annoying as it then ran across the area I normally work in.

I had lots of elaborate plans to fix but then wondered if it was the flow of water coming off another roof and onto the end of mine... And then running atwix the wall.....a 500mm section of scrap iron gutter later and tis fixed woohoo.

The normal compressor type dehumidifier started to struggle with the inside temp close to 10°.... So I bought a second desiccated dehydrogenator and that has whooped the outside tent humidity down to 60% in a few weeks without any bother. Also by placing it behind and slightly lower than the compressor dehumidifier, it stops that from freezing up and provides a fan and slight warmed air....perfick.

60-65% outside tent
50-55% inside tent
No lakes of water

Jobs a carrot.

One weirdity is that the inside tent temp is always a degree or two lower than the outside tent temp!! Tent is insulated with membrane, matting and then floor boards .... The dehydrogenator kicks out a little heat so I'm not sure how come it is colder... hmm

#40 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:12 am

Do you use the same temp gauge ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users