#81 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 02 September 2022 - 03:45 pm

Slug and Pug to mot test this week before it gets too dark!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#82 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 05:54 pm

A short term emergency plan is in place.

I have acquired a rechargeable 12v flood light that I will charge up with me work ve-hickle during the day and utilise as and when required to provide some vision.

Next concern is dead batteries on various stored ve-hickles. So am gonna see if there is a route to the roof (it's a long way from the floor!!) for a solar battery charger to provide a charging point inside lock up.

I don't think I will be able to sort the dehumidifier issue without great expense....but at least the very imminent issues may have answers.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#83 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 September 2022 - 07:51 am

The poly tunnel is air tight dabs. Vapour membrane on floor sealed to poly tunnel flaps....but when the"outside" is rocking 85% humidity it is gonna geddin eventually.

There are masseeeeve fans built into the walls they are so powerful I once locked myself in by turning them on at the control unit outside and making the mistake of going inside and the door suctioned closed. ⊙.☉. Had to pry me way back out. Of course no use without power... I could try candles. (θ‿θ)

lolzio !

Sorry I have no useful ideas Daps. :(  Doesn't sound good at all mate.

EDIT:  Could you use some substance to help draw/soak up the humidity in the poly tunnel ? Prolly need a fan to circulate the air though.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#84 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,359 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:39 am

Salt and rice both work well at absorbing moisture.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#85 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 06 September 2022 - 10:20 am

I've used disposable dehumidifiers like these in my caravan, worked a treat:

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,199&sr=8-4

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#86 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:24 pm

Thanks for the ideas chaps. I fear when the area outside the tent is not controlled, inside is gonna suffer very quickly and the small amount of water collection required at the mo inside the tent is gonna be uncontrollable with a none powered method of dehumidifying. But they are def worth a go. Certainly inside ve-hickles at the very least.

#87 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 08:14 am

I bought a 30W solar panel and managed to find a way up on the roof suitable for the panel gulllp!!! Mounted on a small pallet to get a decent angle and tethered so that it hopefully doesn't blow on to the RAF runway....I could see clearly into the control tower while up there and they prolly wondered what the hell I was up to.

This kit is designed specifically for charging batteries so it wires to a little controller. It also has usb output so can charge phone/torch etc.

I have a rechargeable flood light that works really well, so at least some form of light.

So now the last and biggest problem is controlling the humidity. I have seen these power stations which are basically portable version of battery and inverter...expensive but might work!

Linky dink https://www.ebay.co....tm/363939894206

#88 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 19 September 2022 - 11:50 am

Inverters are pretty inefficient, if you can you'd be better off running stuff at the same voltage as your batteries.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#89 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 11:56 am

12v fan to keep the air moving might help

#90 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 12:19 pm

I think it's too damp for that mad.

Have tried looking for 12v dehumidifier but most results that come up aren't 12v
乁( _ )ㄏ

#91 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 09:37 am

re dehumidifiers i read a test and now cant find it on dehumidifiers in caravans while laid up for the winter with 240v and the results were unless hermetically sealed it wont change the humidity as air  from the outside is constantly replacing the dry air and you return to the same humidity as the garage.

best results were fans and open windows 

#92 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:06 pm

My tent is brilliant as it is with dehumidifier running. The "outside" dehumidifier never wins the battle and is always atwix 65%-85% and can easily fill a 25litre barrel in 3 days when it's wet ooot.

The "inside" dehumidifier sniffs the air every 30mins and only activates if humidity in the tent is above a pre set level (I set 50%). It collects maybe 1 litre per month....so the tent definitely forms an effective barrier....when there is power. Of course without any power the "outside" will be much more consistently around 85% and the inside will soon match the outside without any help!!!!

#93 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,441 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 September 2022 - 04:31 pm

A good bunch of the electrical goodies we buy now days all runs on a lower voltage than the 240v going in. Could be worth opening up your dehumidifier to see what's coming out of the transformer/rectifier circuit if you're feeling brave. Might well be 12v DC.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#94 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 06:51 pm

I'm not brave catte. ....but I know a man who is....me paw had me perform open heart surgery remotely by phone . Demhumidifier packed up and me pa told me on the phone how to poke it with the magic sticks on some crystal summat to shock it back into life....it only bloomin worked!!!

It's supposed to be low energy use so will find ooot.

#95 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 03:08 pm

So I asked about the dehumidifier running on 12v and apparently certain components won't so thats that.

Today is apparently the last day of power. So going to unplug everything this eve incase the disconnection fries oubt.

Not sorted anything to run dehumidifier. It's all so expensive to set up..generator and fuel or solar and batteries. Obviously the generator would only be any good when I'm there and not sure how solar would cope without multi leisure batteries and a helluva solar panel.

#96 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:15 pm

:(

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#97 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:36 pm

Before switch off:

70% "outside"
35% in tent

Today

85% "outside"
55% in tent

#98 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:56 pm

55 isn't too bad but it's easy to see where it's going. :(

#99 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 October 2022 - 08:19 am

Best get ACF50'ing daps, good stuff, kept my Tdm's quite nice living outside in all weathers..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#100 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 11:38 am

Today

Out 87
In 57

Can't hear yersen think down there now for the chorus of generators...and can't even turn on the radio to drown em out.

▼・ᴥ・▼

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users