#81 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:03 pm

Oooops sorry...wrong thread. Admin please delete if possible.Bit of a pootle to Vernwy today. Via mostly back roads, Bala, Ruthin and Ponderosa.

Edited by PICARD, 29 July 2022 - 06:17 pm.

Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#82 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 August 2022 - 09:56 am

Not been on here a lot latley so only just seen this,never met wicky but his posts were funny and sometimes cutting ( in a humourous way) just the sort of person you need to lift the mood of a debate sorry to here of this RIP Wicky hope today goes well for all attending your going to be missed on here thats for sure.

#83 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 August 2022 - 02:57 pm

As a follow on from my post in the "what have you done your TDM today thread" I thought I'd write about Wicky's funeral yesterday. What an absolutely beautiful service, the full menu from aperitif to pudding. Some lovely and funny stories from those that knew him well and well done Alan on behalf of Carpe (not sure I could've done it) some fine words sir. My Heart goes out to Mole, what a special lady. Let your future bring you happiness you deserve it.

Got go I'm blubbing again thinking about.

XXXXX

Bondy

#84 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 August 2022 - 05:54 pm

As a follow on from my post in the "what have you done your TDM today thread" I thought I'd write about Wicky's funeral yesterday. What an absolutely beautiful service, the full menu from aperitif to pudding. Some lovely and funny stories from those that knew him well and well done Alan on behalf of Carpe (not sure I could've done it) some fine words sir. My Heart goes out to Mole, what a special lady. Let your future bring you happiness you deserve it.

Got go I'm blubbing again thinking about.

XXXXX

Bondy

It was great to see you there on the mk2 Bondy.  :good:  What a service eh.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#85 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:30 pm

Probably sounds a bit odd, but I really enjoyed my little trip down to Kens' funeral. I set off on Monday, staying near Swindon in a grubby pub.  Met up with Daps and Tishabelle for a pootle and Fish n Chips. Nearly bagged a young Calf whilst pootling on our way to the chippy, good skills Daps :good: Had a lovely few hours with you guys xx  

Next day I made my way to the Silverton Inn, Silverton.  Lovely pub with lovely people, if you're ever in that area I'd recommend staying there or at least trying a meal freshly made by the Proprieter and chef Shane. Whilst chatting to barman, sorry I forgot his name, an lovely elderly lady (Chris) asked him if he was going to Ken's funeral. Sooo, we got talking, turns out Ken and Mole had lived in Silverton, Chris was their neighbour and the Inn was his local. Chris showed me their house and chatted about some of the funny times she'd shared with them.  Later in the evening I was chatting with a group of young-ish guys, mid 20's, they all knew Ken, in fact I think everyone there knew Ken.  I didn't even know he used to live there so was real surprised in a nice way.

The funeral service was, like Ken, one of a kind, pretty awesome actually. People were laughing and crying and clapping each person that had their stories about Ken to tell. Mole was well, amazing. Such a strong woman.

The wake was also amazing, photos of Ken everywhere in the pub, Irish bunting strung out and an awful lot of tasty food and amazing cake. Presented Mole with a small Carpe photo album of some of Ken's memorable meet ups and trips with his friends Daps and Spongey, along with some other photos of when he was at a Carpe G2G or RTT.  It was great meeting up with friends and meeting new ones and briefly meeting Mole and some of Ken's close relatives.

The ride home was pants, 250 miles, mostly motorway. Blustery as f**k and really busy and my mk1 was really vibey, think it might be the inline baffle in my zorst wot oi fitted, had worked loose. Never missed a beat though AND I was getting over 60mpg :huh: must be them mk2a carbs.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#86 gozer

gozer

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:56 pm

I`ve been out of the loop with all things bike related for quite a while so I`m sorry to read this on my first visit back.

Condolences to all of Wickys family and friends.

#87 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:24 pm

Just thought I would pop on here and leave my condolences for Wicky's family.

He was a large personality and a major contributor to this site.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

Ivan.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users