#81 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:38 pm

Not with yer on that Cliff. What specifically? If you mean dry bag, I'd go for the bigger 50 litre and just pack down. I got the 20 litre yellow one cos it was on offer on Amazon and it looks nice a strong, which it is. A 4 season down bag will fit in the 20 litre one easy and you should be able to bung some clothes in as well. Still doing the 20 litre one on Amazon for £20 and you get a 5 litre bag thrown in, which is just the right size for storing electrical stuff you may want to keep dry.

https://www.amazon.c...s=dry bag valve

That said, I'd still go with a bigger 50 litre, because I put my sleeping bag and all of my clothes in one. There's one on Ebay for a decent price, though I can't vouch for it's quality. At least the valve is at the bottom, unlike the Highlander one I have with the valve half way up--must have been hitting the Buckfast when they designed that one :lol: .

http://www.ebay.co.u...3uc4W75ifJue8Jw

Thanks Len, must of missed this previously, good info but that one on amazon is currently unavailable, will find another..

Tote bags are a good solution for anyone looking to line E21 panniers with, not concerned about being waterproof as items will be stored in plastic then the tote bag and the panniers are completely waterproof.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#82 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:06 pm

If you want bigger drybags keep an eye out for Aldi/Lidl selling them, not sure what size mine is but it's perfect to fit my Khyam Biker tent in, and was a fraction of the price of my ortlieb one

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#83 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:44 pm

Got the Aldi special already Chris  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#84 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:01 pm

Me too. :)

Aldi do/did, do/don't, do/do, do/do did, a doo dooo daaa a 50ltr waterproof holdall for £9.99 might still be some in the shops.

https://www.aldi.co....093337035807700

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#85 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:30 pm

Righty oh ladies n gentlemen with ref to why your debit/credit card won't  work in some machines (fuel) here's a piccy which I hope explains all...........

Yes the cards ARE directly on top of each other. Small chip = uk

20161020_230953_zpsquqpft0k.jpg

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#86 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:04 am

As I said in the opening post, meds are personal needs.......I always take sensitive toothpaste and a Boots the Chemist emergency tooth repair kit (takes up a tiny storage space), on longer, more remote trips.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: touring, camping, pack, trip, Toolkit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users