Pantboy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:46 pm

nah, you don't want deepheat, what you need is Badger Balm :badgerrock:

http://www.badgerbal...joint-care.aspx  :badgerrock:  :badgerrock: :badgerrock:  

#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:19 am

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:32 am

Thanks for the timely thread Studders, :good: 

Hopefully Siders has us virgins covered.   :unsure2:

Anything else a Aussie Bloke should know and pack by Monday week (apart from your personal order Studders   ;) )?  

Errr!  ................ may be that didn't sound right but ........   :rotflmmfao:

Cheers

MB

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:43 am

Yes, that deffo came out wrong Kym. :lol:

How are your sea legs ?  Waters can be a bit choppy on the ferry to Spain, apparently.  I'll get some pills anyhoos, I've only ever been on a ferry once and that was on wanna them superfast jobbies to Calais back in the 70's a 30 minute trip.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#25 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:38 am

Yes, that deffo came out wrong Kym. :lol:

How are your sea legs ?  Waters can be a bit choppy on the ferry to Spain, apparently.  I'll get some pills anyhoos, I've only ever been on a ferry once and that was on wanna them superfast jobbies to Calais back in the 70's a 30 minute trip.

Shocking sea legs too, at least we won't have to worry about whipping our helmets off quick, like I've done on other occasions.   :drinks:

What would your recommend?

MB

#26 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:45 am

I've no idea Kym. :lol:   I might be ok, I might not be ok.  Mick might have a solution.

#27 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:06 am

I have great (sea) legs.
When I get that ferry I get showered and changed into street clothes from my grab bag and have fill up meal (not cheap),a couple of beers (never drink the draught beers),a chat with whoever,a wander about and back to the cabin to watch a movie on my tablet and a have bottle of wine from my grab bag.
If the crossing is a bit choppy the public areas and bogs can soon be spewfests so lookout for slippy floors.
Don't fight the movement of the ferry, let it rock you to sleep and don't worry about the bike.

Edited by Favs, 14 August 2016 - 09:09 am.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#28 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:10 am

Sorry boys no solution to sea sickness really, either you get it or ya dont, Stugeron is what the Navy boys use to combat it, may help......if feeling sick obviously try to eat dry toast or crackers.......with a bit of luck you'll be in the bar knocking chasers back to help compliment a good nights kip  :)

Avoid spicy or greasy foods the night/morning before ya sail but have a full stomach.....

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#29 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:18 am

Sooooo, barf bags and a rehydration sachet it is then. :lol:

Looking at the seasick pills, they've got side effects that sound worse than the sickness. :rolleyes:

#30 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:20 am

If Micks got good sea legs you could always get him to blindfold you, what the eyes dont sea cant tell ya ears which is what makes you seasick... :lol:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#31 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:24 am

Watch those seasickness tablets, they can knock you out cold for hours. Better to stay up on deck and take deep breaths than risk compromising your riding ability once you've docked.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#32 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:28 am

:good:

I was thinking that after reading about the drowsyness etc.  We have a 70-80 mile run to the hotel once we leave the ferry, which should dock at around 5.30pm

#33 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:28 pm

Never had a bad crossing yet on the Santander run ........but there's always a first time .......plenty of sick bags on the ferry, &  they'll dish out seasickness pills if you ask them.

If it's really bad, stay in the bar & get pissed  :good:

Brittany Ferries are very good at strapping down bikes, so don't worry about that - Cable lock on the helmet is good - I always carry one with a combination lock, so I don't have issues with keys.

A small overnight bag with everything you need for 24 hours is a good idea, so you don't have to start rummaging round in yer kit in a hot & sweaty hold  - Taking 2 panniers & a top box up to your cabin is NOT a good idea .......they are extremely compact & bijou - & normally the other end of the boat from your bike   ;)

Summer kit with lots of ventilation is recommended, with lightweight waterproofs for if we meet the 'Rain in Spain' .....I'm taking my BMW 'Twat Suit' to cover all eventualities.

Well ventllated helmet, summer gloves (one pair waterproof)

pack Savlon for insect bites .....Avon Skin So Soft (lemon) to ward off Mozzies .......or repellents of your choice

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#34 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:22 pm

Thanks Mick, sounds like the usual South Aussie weather conditions (except lately that is    :(  more like UK weather).

Any regulations regarding helmet cams?

MB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users