#1 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:28 pm

I have just looked online for fuel pumps for the 4tx, and have found 2 completely different items..
can someone explain please??
TIA
Chris

Attached Files

#2 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:50 pm

One electric and one vacuum operated, if when you turn your bike on and you hear a ticking you have the electric one.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:25 pm

Chris your TDM takes the electric one.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:28 am

I have an electric one for sale. it cost £80 from fuel performance early last year but the way it was positioned in the bike, it kept overheating and cutting out.

rather than having it sit there, you can have it cheap. the only caveat is I changed the electrical connection to the waterproof ones

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:39 am

The electric one looks very much alike the one I bought - just beware the extreme noise it makes. You can clearly hear it at 60MPH !!

Bjørge

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:52 am

Yours is a leccy wan Chris.  It's not a TDM wan though, iirc it's off a Yamaha scooter, wanna them large cc scoots.  The original failed and all I could get at the time was the one I fitted.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:31 am

Thanks for the replies,

it isn't for my bike..

It is for a mates bike, that had a breakdown, and has been perfect since.

It is also the cleanest TDM I have ever seen, and he loves it. We will be touring with this chap next year, so if it has a weak pump, it would be best to get it sorted.

Cheers

Chris.

Attached Files

#8 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:21 am

Hi,

Although the advert mentions for TDM etc, the electric pump you show seems to have 10mm connections. The TDM however needs 6 or 8 mm connections (original is 7mm I believe).

The pump you show is also available in an alternative variant with 6 mm connections. Recommend to look for one like that instead. I bought one from the UK off Ebay recently for my bike.

Indeed is is somewhat loud, but I tackled that largely with some rubber mounts (if not already fitted).

#9 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:04 pm

The electric one looks very much alike the one I bought - just beware the extreme noise it makes. You can clearly hear it at 60MPH !!

Looks the same as the one I fitted to the wife's Diversion, it was really loud to begin with but quietened down a lot after a ride, I assume it was a bit of air in the pump causing it to be louder.  Have you checked yours isn't rattling against the frame?

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:48 am

Looks the same as the one I fitted to the wife's Diversion, it was really loud to begin with but quietened down a lot after a ride, I assume it was a bit of air in the pump causing it to be louder.  Have you checked yours isn't rattling against the frame?

Yup, rubber (bicycle inner tube) mount like yours. It's more like an extremely loud relay sound, too loud for my liking. Bought me a used Fazer(?) pump to replace it, not yet mounted.

Bjørge

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:54 am

The leccy pump I had fail on me was terminal so not sure if yer mates breakdown was caused by a faulty pump, mighta been a dodgy pump connection or something else.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:10 am

The leccy pump I had fail on me was terminal so not sure if yer mates breakdown was caused by a faulty pump, mighta been a dodgy pump connection or something else.

It must have been a dodgy pump connection..  The RAC man cleaned up the connectors, and it has run fine since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users