11 replies to this topic

#1 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:24 pm

Twas a late decision at 10.30pm last night to have a rideout to where ever? which turned out to be the North Yorkshire dales, with a rendezvous at Devils Bridge Kirby Lonsdale with Cliff Dablik at 10.00ish this morning, and after a cuppa and bacon roll etc, we headed off to Barbon village just oop road tha knows, where we turned right for Dent and some very narrow roads, and for them that's never been! the village itself is a time capsule totally unspoilt by the modern world the main street gives an indication how it would look like 2 centuries ago!

All unspoiled until those bloody motorcyclists turned up :huh:

Then onto Hawes for more refreshments and a stock up of Wenslydales finest, but before that we passed a local beauty spot that called out for a photo shoot and perchance make a candidate for the 2016 CARPE calendar :badgerrock:

Attached File  IMG_3606.JPG   237.15KB   3 downloads

Pleased with the result and in the mood for a bit more adventurous art work we stopped and captured another!

Attached File  IMG_3611.JPG   126.58KB   2 downloads

With a call of nature (Bowel Movement) calling, we pressed on at a more spirited pace to the Wenslydale creamery to kill two birds with one stone and stock up with Cheeeeese Gromit,

Attached File  IMG_3624.JPG   93.79KB   1 downloads

Now fuelled up we stopped in the town itself and visited the craft fair in the hall there and took refreshments and of course :cake eating:

Attached File  IMG_3614.JPG   120.06KB   1 downloads

Bowsers filled up we then headed to masham where some sort of sheep fest was taking place :huh: a quick icecream and we beat a hasty retreat north to Leyburn, and stopped at Reeth for a stretch of legs and for Cliff to have a nicotine injection :P

Attached File  IMG_3621.JPG   142.72KB   1 downloads

before that we took another pic in rugged countryside of the nrth yorks moors!

Attached File  IMG_3620.JPG   100.12KB   0 downloads

Not CARPE calendar calibre but the light wasnt kind to us today.

we headed to Brough via the Tan Hill Inn and I think some type of bike rally was taking place due to the numbers of "Sons of Apathy" walking about with cut offs on and tattoos aplenty ;)

A bit of spirited riding now over the tops to Middleton in teesdale then left to Alston for a fuel stop and coffee and another nicotine refill for Cliff,

Attached File  IMG_3623.JPG   151.21KB   1 downloads

A "Very" spirited ride now to Hartside :badgerrock: and with the cafe shut we just carried on and instead of wide throttle openings on the uphill section from Alston, we warmed the brakes up a little going downhill :good: we split company at Penrith, me heading North and Cliff down the M6 to the Pool, I arrived home at 7.30pm with 256miles clocked, and recieved a text off Cliff at 8.20 saying he was home safe and would guess he had well over 300 on :badgerrock:

Thanks for your company Cliff, a cracking day, it stopped dry all day, and the temperature was ideal for biking....here's hoping we can squeeze a few more in before the Bastids start salting the roads  :good:

Edited by jono49, 26 September 2015 - 10:27 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:23 am

Nice write up and pics.  Thanks for sharing !  :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:53 am

Crackin write up Jono, always knew you were full of shit though  :P (Bowel evacuation) at the Wenslydale cheese factory, hope it's not diverted to the production line  :huh:

Have to say i enjoyed the whole day immensely, was a good mix of some laid back, taking the views in riding and a bit of a hoon in the right places, that ride down Hartside was bang on, the best i've had down it in a good while, due to much less traffic no doubt at the hour, everything fell in to place, lubberly, the weather was just about perfect from my perspective, could'nt believe how warm it was slogging down the M6 home, no wind either which meant i had to lower the music volume on the Sena down at 85  :huh:

What made the day was Jono's knowledge of the area, was better then the previous run out matey  :badgerrock:

Many thanks indeed, see if we cant manage another before the weather turns eh..

Edit...Favs thought of you for this run out fella, but lard arse only made his mind up around 22.30 the night before, try more notice next time  :good:

344 miles for me  :D

Edited by dablik, 27 September 2015 - 12:58 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:24 pm

Edit...Favs thought of you for this run out fella, but lard arse only made his mind up around 22.30 the night before, try more notice next time  :good:

Ta for the thought Cliff - next time maybe.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:16 pm

Great ride report of possibly my favourite area ( next IoM of course) ....

More notice will get more volunteers if you want them I think

Had a brilliant very early morning ride with Bro-in-law's breakfast group into North Wales ... ... ... NO traffic and some vigorous motor-cycling

Let's hope the late summer sun goes on ....

Pete

Attached Files

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#6 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:08 pm

Nice one :good: I havent managed a dry run in Wales yet....But I'm ever hopeful :P

Edited by jono49, 27 September 2015 - 08:15 pm.

#7 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:14 pm

I had a run up St Mary's loch today and I dont think I've seen it so calm

Attached File  IMG_3634.JPG   116.8KB   0 downloads

Edited by jono49, 27 September 2015 - 08:16 pm.

#8 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:48 pm

Coincidence, 

We were in the Lakes yesterday, guided tour by Mr Hartside himself  :good:

Did most of the lakes, Hardknott, Wryness, & Kirkstone passes & took the ferry across Windermere

We were up Hartside Top around 6.00pm just in time to see the glorious sight of the sun shining through the clouds over the lakes.

Brisk ride back to our hotel in Kirkby Stephen after, then the Dales today lovely sunshine .

Did about 600 miles over the weekend 

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#9 schmo9

schmo9

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 197 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:10 pm

Nice pics...need to remember I can go south sometimes..

#10 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:40 pm

East Kilbride to mine 45 mins gizza shout if you fancy Yorkshire!

#11 schmo9

schmo9

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 197 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:04 pm

Will do jono49 once I work up some new brownie points..lol...cheers

#12 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever