• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:19 am

Hi all, its an honour to inform you all that the very first
Thunder Down Under Tour is ON.
All the feedback has been appreciated and considered, please feel free to send more!
Dates: Mon 18th October to Sunday 24th. It is expected that people will start to arrive after lunch on monday and that the afternoon will be a settling in and a getting to know / meet time. If frisky there is no reason you cant go for a little ride in any direction.
Sunday morning is departure time.
Location: Omeo Alpine Camp. This is located at the north end of Omeo (more directions later). Ideal for our purpose. $25 per head per night. TDUT accommodation
Activities: Starting tuesday morn, daily rides. Daylight saving will have started. The exact routes will depend on that great unknown in the mountains, the weather. The suggested ride plan is here: RIDE PLAN
The longer ones are around 300 km, local history will add to the interest factor. Weather permitting, some rides will include some dirt road but it will be easily rideable if due care is taken. Is there a particular area you want to see? LET US KNOW.
Its likely that some will only be able to stay for a day or three and at different points during the week, not a problem but we are going to need to have an idea of what to expect so please LET US KNOW BEfORE THE END OF SEPTEMBER if you can come and for how long.
NON TDM are welcome!
Good on ya Shane (TDMtoraneko) for initiating this rally. Dont hesitate to pm either of us if you have something you want to ask about.
regards to all drinks.gif
Graeme

Edited by graeme, 14 August 2010 - 12:36 pm.

#2 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:07 pm

Great, I'm filling in my leave form now, I'll be there for the whole week BTW.
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#3 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:23 pm

QUOTE(Trotski @ Thu 11th Mar 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A 2010 TDM good.gif You must be the wealthiest troskist on this forum! tongue.gif
Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#4 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:05 am

Just Booked me flight n the Bike!!!! ( I WISH) on British Airways ! Bassads r on Strike ranting.gif

#5 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:02 am

QUOTE(Fernihough @ Fri 12th Mar 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A 2010 TDM good.gif You must be the wealthiest troskist on this forum! tongue.gif

Some of us are more equal than others laugh.gif I think the finance company likes me
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#6 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:40 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Fri 12th Mar 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bewdy, you are the first on a (hopefully) long list. good.gif
Graeme

#7 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:57 pm

A big hand, tentatively, up!

Freelancing at the moment and the agent's been on the phone again... not yet sure of mobilisation times, or even if it's a goer but... I'll be there if I'm not being "suitably" compensated for my time elsewhere. wink.gif

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#8 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:37 am

QUOTE(AzzA @ Sat 13th Mar 2010, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A big hand, tentatively, up! Freelancing at the moment and the agent's been on the phone again... not yet sure of mobilisation times, or even if it's a goer but... I'll be there if I'm not being "suitably" compensated for my time elsewhere. wink.gif
Fantastic, hoped you would, youre on the list. good.gif cheers Graeme
QUOTE(RSROCKET @ Fri 12th Mar 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just Booked me flight n the Bike!!!! ( I WISH) on British Airways ! Bassads r on Strike ranting.gif
Just book with a proper airline, Qantas. Dont worry about the bike well find you a loaner. laugh.gif cheers Graeme

#9 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:05 pm

Graeme
Fantastic ! ......will be there barring misfortune.
Hopefully by then Doggies will have had their second Grand Final win iwin.gif (for the year!) and Lara Bingle will be but a distant memory ! rolleyes.gif
Snigs

Edited by Snigdog, 13 March 2010 - 02:13 pm.

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#10 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:50 am

QUOTE(Snigdog @ Sun 14th Mar 2010, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Graeme
Fantastic ! ......will be there barring misfortune.
Hopefully by then Doggies will have had their second Grand Final win iwin.gif (for the year!) and Lara Bingle will be but a distant memory ! rolleyes.gif
Snigs

Excellent indeed!, you have joined the growing list. good.gif Lara Who?
cheers Graeme

#11 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:16 pm

Hey there Graeme, my congrats on doing a fine job of all this on our first TDUT. good.gif If we decide on Tassie for 2011 I hope I manage as well.

Obviously my hand is up for attending I just have to find that somewhat elusive source of income. dry.gif Soon I hope.

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#12 ibi

ibi

sticking around

• 23 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:52 am

Am fine with these dates,so am starting saving some money from now laugh.gif

#13 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:48 am

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Mon 15th Mar 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey there Graeme, my congrats on doing a fine job of all this on our first TDUT. good.gif If we decide on Tassie for 2011 I hope I manage as well.Obviously my hand is up for attending I just have to find that somewhat elusive source of income. dry.gif Soon I hope.
Hi Shane, thanks, you are added to the list. Hope it works out well for work etc. You're the co-manager of this you know----Graeme
QUOTE(ibi @ Mon 15th Mar 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am fine with these dates,so am starting saving some money from now laugh.gif
Hi Ibi, good on you, you are added to the list, hope you can get some of your other NSW mates to come as well. good.gif Graeme

#14 MotoBloke

MotoBloke

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 191 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:29 am

Okay Graeme, put me down - err actually, just add my name to the list. ;D
rolleyes.gif

MotoBloke
www.ShineMyBike.com
Sinny, Ostraya
98 TDM850L 4TX series aka Mk2a 146000km
Tiger screen; Laser ProStock exhaust; large old Givi topbox; ProTaper ATV 'bars; BarkBusters with Storm guards; CoyoteMoto crash knobs; Aldi GoCruise GPS; Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.
Previous loves:
Suzuki DL650 V-Strom K6; Honda XL600VH Transalp X 2; Suzuki GS500; Yam XTZ750 Super Tenere; Yam FJ1200U; MotoGuzzi V65 Lario; Kawa KLR600; Honda XL350 RF.

post-1-1150559830.gif

#15 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:33 am

QUOTE(MotoBloke @ Fri 19th Mar 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay Graeme, put me down - err actually, just add my name to the list. ;D
rolleyes.gif

Unfortunate turn of phrase that--- anyway this is great news, thanks and you have been included in the lengthening list. good.gif
Graeme

#16 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:47 am

Hmmmm.....this might be cutting it a bit fine, but here's my current plans.

Thursday September 30 : Leave Central Victoria for Adelaide. Sleep at/near Adelaide.

Friday October 1 : Adelaide to Port Augusta. Meet up with other riders and stay PA.

Saturday October 2 : Go west... and keep going west... (again)

Tuesday October 5 : Arrive Perth again... (again)

Wednesday October 6 – Sunday October 10 : Conference in Perth.

Monday October 11 : Begin touring SW WA

Xxxxday October xx : Drop Mrs AzzA at Perth Airport and ride east... and keep going east... (again)

Xxxxday October xx : Bypass Central Victoria and arrive Omeo Alpine Camp. Probably mumble a few things that resemble "hello" and fall promptly into a deep, snoring, sleep. Awaken, rested, and get in a few good days of riding. (Maybe even get the shoulders and flat spots worn off the "not yet bought but by then half worn out" PR2's.)

Sunday October 24 : Depart Omeo Alpine Camp for Central Victoria, arrive home. Fall in heap. Dribble.

Monday October 25 : Call work, assure them there's a snowballs chance in hell of me lifting a finger today or for the next few days.

Tuesday October 26 : ... (Yeah right, like that day was ever going to happen.)

Wednesday October 27 : Unpack the bike and contemplate rejoining the "productive" members of our blindly capitalist society in what they call "life".

Thursday October 28 09:05AM : Remain "unproductive" as I daydream about the next trip.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#17 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:23 am

[quote name='AzzA' date='Fri 26th Mar 2010, 01:47 PM' post='156406']
Hmmmm.....this might be cutting it a bit fine, but here's my current plans.
Thursday September 30 : Leave Central Victoria for Adelaide. Sleep at/near Adelaide.

Xxxxday October xx : Bypass Central Victoria and arrive Omeo Alpine Camp. Probably mumble a few things that resemble "hello" and fall promptly into a deep, snoring, sleep. Awaken, rested, and get in a few good days of riding. (Maybe even get the shoulders and flat spots worn off the "not yet bought but by then half worn out" PR2's.)

Azza, the fresh mountain air will do wonders, you'll arrive back home fresh as---- very good that youre still on the list!
Graeme

#18 Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 103 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:42 am

I'm just trying to work out with the other half if this is going to be feasible. We've got a trip to make to Kyogle in NSW so i'm hoping we might be able to detour on the way smile.gif
Even with an IQ of 6,000 its still brown trousers time....

2006 TDM900 - Silver, Staintune exhausts, EFI mod, centre stand, Ventura rack. More to come!

Other bikes I've known:
CB250
VTR250
SV650

#19 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:48 am

QUOTE(Stormtrooper @ Tue 30th Mar 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just trying to work out with the other half if this is going to be feasible. We've got a trip to make to Kyogle in NSW so i'm hoping we might be able to detour on the way smile.gif

Hi ST, thats great news, hope you can (both) make it. The accommodation can fit couples.
cheers Graeme good.gif

#20 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:16 pm

An update,
we have a group of three from Queensland who are coming for the races and staying on for TDUT. One TDM (silver 2009) FJR1300 amd BMW.
Yamaha Australia have been invited to support loyal riders by supplying some freebies we can give away to deserving rally goers (TDUT Logies?) but they havent replied yet. Two, sorry, 2Wheels and AMCN have been invited to do an article or send someone or whatever and J Bowdler from 2Wheels has responded with a "thanks and we will see what we can do". AMCN, no reply as yet but they may sort it between them anyway.
RE, the accommodation. The Alpine Camp has been booked for the TDUT, there is no need for you to book yourselves. IT IS IMPORTANT though that you let us know if you are coming and for how long.
cheers Graeme cake eating.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users