17 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:33 am

Since I lost my temper, probably years actually.

So this morning on the way to work I am going around a roundabout and a young lad with his hoodie up pulls right out in front of me and guns his van. I hit the horn and brake and all I can see as he goes on around is his middle finger in the drivers window. Having missed the collision I take my exit and get on my way.

About a quarter of a mile down the road I spot him closing up on me in my mirror at speed. He has gone right around the roundabout and seems like he wants to get my attention. I reckon he is really interested in my Lava Red TDM [ and who wouldn't be lets face it.] I keep my speed and he forces his way past and brakes and pulls into the side of the road in front of me. I pullover as well and stop my bike well back from the van. I think he wants to talk to me............? :huh:

I dismount and walk along the pavement towards the van. He looks unhappy? He looks agitated? He is shouting and trying to fly with his arms flapping around.........can't hear much [ got earplugs :) ]  Then one of the flappy arms takes a swing at me, so I dodge left and launch off my back foot. Bullseye! My gloved hand makes perfect contact with his neck and I pin him to the back of the van. He tries to kick me and I catch his leg with my other hand and pull sharply upwards. Down he goes, sliding down the van and I kneel on his chest. He is not talking or shouting at all now [ in fact he has become pretty still ]

I ask him if he wants to go on his way and he nods. I leave him there on the road and keep him in sight whilst getting back on my bike. I ride past and check my mirrors. He just gets in the van and stays put til I am out of sight.

Arrive at work and give myself a good talking to for losing control. :sorry:

'Be as you wish to seem'

Oxford heated grips/Barkbuster guards/Centrestand/Givi racks/panniers/Maxia 55 topbox/SW Motech Handlebar risers/Fender extender/Rear hugger/Cuddly toy/Led running light/ MRA racing double bubble screen/ Simmi Performance exhausts with DB's fitted.

#2 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:42 am

And I thought those things only happened in books! Glad you're OK. You never know what armoury they carry with them these days. I've wanted to do the same a few times.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:44 am

This is your therapist calling....well done for keeping control, you could have easily killed them, but instead you gave them their chance to apologise and be nice.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:54 am

I never get to touch em'!!! They just see this huge thing with no face walking slowly up to them and they just seem to always remember they have somewhere else to be...

Well done Blue! :punishment:

Edited by ProudViking, 04 February 2016 - 11:55 am.

#5 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:23 pm

Cheers guys,

Have to say I reckon I let myself down here. As had been said it could all have gone very wrong. I should have just kept riding, although I did get the impression that I would have been followed right to work. No point in speeding up and trying to lose him either as it's a bit dangerous in the middle of town and near the Police station [ guess I could've ridden in there - but I am not in the habit of running away ]

Hey ho - mark it down to experience I suppose. On the plus side, it may raise his awareness of motorcyclists. :good:

Think i will buy a taser to go along with my bike mounted rocket launcher idea.

'Be as you wish to seem'

Oxford heated grips/Barkbuster guards/Centrestand/Givi racks/panniers/Maxia 55 topbox/SW Motech Handlebar risers/Fender extender/Rear hugger/Cuddly toy/Led running light/ MRA racing double bubble screen/ Simmi Performance exhausts with DB's fitted.

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:26 pm

That idea could catch on !

I'm thinking i should carry some large 'Think Bike' stickers, and either offer them to the handwavers saying sorry, or just slap them on the windscreen ....

#7 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:28 pm

And I thought those things only happened in books! Glad you're OK. You never know what armoury they carry with them these days. I've wanted to do the same a few times.

This. There's no honour or fairness amongst the 21 century male. Knife carrying is pretty common these days.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:21 pm

I always find blowing them a kiss works well. :-) especially when you then meet them in a traffic jam on the motorway where they have no escape. :-)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:25 pm

This. There's no honour or fairness amongst the 21 century male. Knife carrying is pretty common these days.

Yup, better add stab vest to the list.

Funnily enough honour is by degree as even back in the day I have been threatened with a flick knife, adjustable spanner, and a crowbar, that was all when I was in my 20's in various situations. Possibly linked to the fact i was wearing a parka and riding around on Vespa's and Lambo's [ someone had to ]

So I must be due another 20/30 years of peace and quiet having had an incident?

I like the idea of the 'Think Bike' stickers - maybe poster size with very strong glue.......

I always find blowing them a kiss works well. :-) especially when you then meet them in a traffic jam on the motorway where they have no escape. :-)

Funnily enough, I did hold back a nice little wave as I left him there. :P

'Be as you wish to seem'

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:35 pm

Think i will buy a taser to go along with my bike mounted rocket launcher idea.

Possibly linked to the fact i was wearing a parka and riding around on Vespa's and Lambo's [ someone had to ]

You need a Vespa TAP

800px-vespa-militare2.jpg

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:40 pm

You need a Vespa TAP

800px-vespa-militare2.jpg

Perfect! I think that would do the trick, And room for one extra on the front as well. :)

'Be as you wish to seem'

#12 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:47 pm

Well done Blue, i've been in those shoes, he sounds  a right arsehole but as the others say beware no honour amongst the knife carriers, next time pull up in the police station and he'll be wondering wether you clocked his reg all day long....

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#13 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:17 pm

Think Bike stickers, free, 10 per order.

http://shop.dft.gov....0e-16e7b95c3892

Edited by fixitsan, 04 February 2016 - 06:20 pm.

#14 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:34 am

"best fights are the ones we avoid" :punishment:  

a good friend of mine got in a very expensive mess by beating a guy (similar situation), it would have been cheaper to kill the "motherfucker" according to my friend's lawyer..  :cool: 

Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#15 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:00 pm

A few years ago in Ireland, 3 of us were passing a car on a back road. The car was full of spotty youths and looked too expensive to be theirs. The driver was acting the maggot and as I passed, one of the lads in the back opened a can of Coke over me. As I got level with the car, the driver swerved at me, catching my knee slider. The road was narrow enough for me to bring him to a gentle halt whence I went to chat to said youth, who immediately wound his window up. Upon seeing I was a harmless ole granny, he wound it down again. I nimbly snatched his keys and lobbed them with all my might into the undergrowth. Last I saw was a gaggle of yobs vaulting a five bar gate in a panic to find Daddy's keys.

Dangerous and irresponsible of me I know. Would I do it again? In the Uk? Probably not. In Ireland? Hell yeah!
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#16 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:17 pm

A few years ago in Ireland, 3 of us were passing a car on a back road. The car was full of spotty youths and looked too expensive to be theirs. The driver was acting the maggot and as I passed, one of the lads in the back opened a can of Coke over me. As I got level with the car, the driver swerved at me, catching my knee slider. The road was narrow enough for me to bring him to a gentle halt whence I went to chat to said youth, who immediately wound his window up. Upon seeing I was a harmless ole granny, he wound it down again. I nimbly snatched his keys and lobbed them with all my might into the undergrowth. Last I saw was a gaggle of yobs vaulting a five bar gate in a panic to find Daddy's keys.

Dangerous and irresponsible of me I know. Would I do it again? In the Uk? Probably not. In Ireland? Hell yeah!

Priceless. Well done :lol:

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#17 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:29 pm

Well done Kelpie - quick thinking that! :lol:  :good:

'Be as you wish to seem'

#18 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:25 pm

Good one.....i actually can't think of the offence they could pursue you for....it would probably only be a civil case for reparation....for loss of use, or something as paltry as that....probably not worth pursuing you....... I'll remember that !

(just got to hope an emergency vehicle can get past them obviously )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users