#1541 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:28 pm

:welcome:  to the club Neil.  I went from a KLE500 to a TDM too. Loved the high revving KLE twin motor, sounded great with the Laser Pro exhaust.  TDM sounds even better with aftermarket cans though. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1542 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:03 pm

Hello Neil, welcome

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#1543 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:06 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1544 Mikesvan

Mikesvan

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:43 pm

Hi im mike  mikevan on here as i like VW,s,  I live in Bath somerset i bought a rather tired looking TDM 850 4TX  2002 ,late in July, it had been dropped but only scraped up a bit, it came with a rath of history But hadn't been really looked after despite all the garrage history, not a nut or bolt put back in its correct place , and it had had a complete engine rebuild only 1500 miles ago Big ends done too, iv made it a project  and its nearly finished, just waiting for the fairing parts to come back from the paint shop, its staying Black but with but with BMW burnt orange tail fairing and side swipes and inner top fairing , gold renthals iv reconditioned  the calipers and spayed them copper!  and repalesed the rear shock. i managed to get some brand new Shad Panniers and rack for just £70.00 but the rack is for a different Yamaha but still will work for a mono shock bike, just got to work it out! So iv got some more fettling to do to get it to fit ! its just a toy, But my toy! lol! i used to be a dispatch rider for quite some time  i mean years i uesd to avariage around 2000miles aweek year round loved my job! but unfortunately ran out of road, breaking 38 bones in one go, Doh! I got better went back to work but fell off 3 times in one winter didn't hurt myself but felt it was time for a new career. still that was quite a while ago now So now im back in the Saddel! and plesed to be here!, But wish id got on here earlier   is it been a learning experance , Cheers chaps! Ps photos when done!

Edited by Mikesvan, 23 March 2016 - 08:26 pm.

#1545 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:00 pm

Welcome ! Glad you finally made it here Mike. :good:

Look forward to seeing yer steed. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1546 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:06 pm

Indeed, hello again Mike.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#1547 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:30 pm

Welcome Mike.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#1548 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:45 pm

Hi Mike look forward to the pics  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1549 thegeeman

thegeeman

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:02 am

Hi all

Dont know if Im posting in the right place but here goes..

Graeme here aka the geeman,  flew around the early 80's on a Vespa, moved up late 80's the "big" bikes, my and the other half did the usual, IOM UK & small Europe tours on 400/4s, Suzuki GS & GSXF750, she stopped when the kids came along and I sold the Suzuki in 2003, just kept a Vespa T5, which have used pretty regularly since. Going to give the little mule a rest from carrying my fat carcass and get a bike capable of carrying me and the other half in relative comfort and within my budget, looks like the TDM fits the bill.

G

#1550 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:42 am

Hi all

Dont know if Im posting in the right place but here goes..

Graeme here aka the geeman,  flew around the early 80's on a Vespa, moved up late 80's the "big" bikes, my and the other half did the usual, IOM UK & small Europe tours on 400/4s, Suzuki GS & GSXF750, she stopped when the kids came along and I sold the Suzuki in 2003, just kept a Vespa T5, which have used pretty regularly since. Going to give the little mule a rest from carrying my fat carcass and get a bike capable of carrying me and the other half in relative comfort and within my budget, looks like the TDM fits the bill.

G

Good luck with the search, A location might help.

You might find a few about on here.

:welcome:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#1551 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:27 pm

Hello G.  Welcome to the club. :)

#1552 thegeeman

thegeeman

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:35 pm

Cheers TDMick,i am currently based in South Yorkshire, expected tax back at end of March, so will be looking from then, seen a 

cheers Studley

Edited by thegeeman, 08 March 2016 - 02:34 pm.

#1553 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:02 pm

Howdy, Geeman or should I say...G-MAN?! This site could do with a few more superheroes!

#1554 thegeeman

thegeeman

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:58 pm

Cheers ProudViking

#1555 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:02 pm

Welcome to the Club Graeme, silvers the fastest  ;)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1556 thegeeman

thegeeman

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:00 pm

cheers dablik, its actually a sliver I'm watching on the forum.

#1557 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:37 pm

Hello
My name is Andy
Bought my self an 850 TDM on a 2001 plate in Jan. after a little old lady took me out on a roundabout in Dec ( I'm from Dundee so it's actually called a Circle in these parts )
So I thought I'd better check out this forum for when I break it or try to improve it
Took it for 325 mile run on Tuesday sore butt but great fun

#1558 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:40 pm

Hiya Andy. :welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:

You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#1559 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:02 pm

Hello there.  Welcome to the club.

#1560 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:35 pm

Hi Andy sounds like a nice bimble, welcome to the site  :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users