#1 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:07 am

Being a bit of Motogp junkie, I'm going to suffering serious withdrawals next year now that the BBC have lost it. The thought of signing up to BT broadband in order to view it with their sports package is not something I would do unless I've not alternative--BT is not a company that I have much regard for after a lot of snide moves they've made on me in the past. It's a bit of a dilemma. Is there an alternative?

Out of curiosity, has anybody here got the BT broadband package with the sports that they watch online? How would that work on Ubuntu, as it's apparently using the MS Silverlight browser plugin thingy.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:09 am

More info ear (bit o deji view goin on): http://www.carpe-tdm...27501&hl=motogp

Might be a solution if ya have fast interweb.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:40 am

Ha, ha. Thanks Daps. Well, I'll ave a look at Eurosportplayer then.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#4 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:37 am

That's no good as I understand it Eurosport will NOT be showing any Moto GP races and their commentary team has been disassembled, and they were the best.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#5 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:04 pm

I am on virmin media and XL tv customers were given BT sports for no extra cash as part of the package, but I dread to think who they get as a commentary team, if it's the BBC monkeys I won't be happy, so far the BT sports commentators have been very average at best and downright shocking the rest of the time, soul less football presenters and the uber annoying jake Humphrey.

#6 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:18 pm

That's no good as I understand it Eurosport will NOT be showing any Moto GP races

Drat. It looks like I'm going to have to put me skull and cross bones t-shirt on and look for a stream. Not ideal, but I can't be doing with BT and was even thinking of ditching my landline next year and going completely mobile, now that Sky have bought o2 and it looks like they're not going be anywhere near to matching the £9 I pay a month for unlimited data.

Edited by muddy, 14 December 2013 - 12:18 pm.

#7 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:55 pm

I've got BT Sport on my Virgin package - so far the Premiership Rugby has been excellent for commentary  & coverage - It's a pleasure to watch without Stuart Barnes spouting bollocks .

Hopefully the Moto GP will be the same - good coverage without prima donna presenters - I hear they've already signed up the same filming & production company that do the TT coverage - so the signs are good 

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#8 drumwrecker

drumwrecker

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:20 pm

MCN reported that the film company who do the IOM races have got the job of filming the races and they will be bringing innovative ideas to the sport. Lets hope one of them is split screen for when exciting events are happening at the same time on different parts of the track and then lets hope they don't go onto to misuse it.

Edited by drumwrecker, 14 December 2013 - 04:21 pm.

1953 BSA Bantam, 1960 Ariel Arrow, 1948 Vincent Rapide, 1959 Matchless G11, AJS 250CSR, 1986 BMW K75s, Suzuki 1999 GS500E, 2002 Suzuki SV650, 1991 VFR750 FL, 2007 TDM900

#9 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:17 pm

Don't suppose anyone on here who has BT will be prepared to record and carelessly leave it stored somewhere others can get at?

#10 scrumpymike

scrumpymike

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:23 pm

That's no good as I understand it Eurosport will NOT be showing any Moto GP races and their commentary team has been disassembled, and they were the best.

+1

#11 Toydepartment

Toydepartment

seems to like Carpe

• 74 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:50 am

I've just checked on my TV and I can get both BT Sport 1 and 2. I  have that Virgin Tivo thingy but I havent heard  owt about being able to get it through virgin, I thought that if you wanted BT Sport, you would either get it for free if you have BT broadband, or you had to subscribe directly to BT Sport to be able to watch Moto GP and other stuff next year.

Ive just had a horrible feeling, that BT Sport's new contract will start sometime very soon (1st jan sounds likely) and the BT Sport I can see now will be unavailable after then.

Or does someone actually know whats going on? How much coverage have BT got, Moto GP, WSB, BSB, all of them??

#12 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:10 am

The (faster) internet is your friend.......streaming TV :good: 

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#13 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:08 am

I've just checked on my TV and I can get both BT Sport 1 and 2. I  have that Virgin Tivo thingy but I havent heard  owt about being able to get it through virgin, I thought that if you wanted BT Sport, you would either get it for free if you have BT broadband, or you had to subscribe directly to BT Sport to be able to watch Moto GP and other stuff next year.

Ive just had a horrible feeling, that BT Sport's new contract will start sometime very soon (1st jan sounds likely) and the BT Sport I can see now will be unavailable after then.

Or does someone actually know whats going on? How much coverage have BT got, Moto GP, WSB, BSB, all of them??

Virgin did a deal with BT so if you have Tivo or their XL package you get the 2 BT sports channels included. BSB and WSB are continuing on Eurosport which you should also get on your Virgin package so it sounds like you are sorted!

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#14 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:18 am

The (faster) internet is your friend.......streaming TV :good: 

Not for much longer, video streaming is breaking the t'interweb. At peak times, up to 80% of all 'net traffic is video streaming, Netflix and Youtube being the biggest offenders. If the trend towards streaming continues, expect problems. That said BT Sport is not going to cause problems as BT will 'shape' the traffic on their own network to give it priority.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#15 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:04 pm

We have just added BT sport to our ( absolutely basic) Virgin TV package for £15 pm.

Not worth it for the full year but when there are a few good football matches on it (may be) worth having it for 30 days and then cancelling when not needed.

I have an open mind and will see how it goes.

So far plan is to cancel at end of Jan as Feb looks poor

6 good fixtures  in over next 3 weeks means only £2.50 each - I would pay that in bl..dy coffee watching at the gym. 

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#16 Toydepartment

Toydepartment

seems to like Carpe

• 74 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:32 am

OK, I'm a happy bunny now!

The next question is Who is going to commentate on it?

Personally, I hope Whitham gets the gig with Julian Ryder and Keith Hewen. What a giggle that would be!

#17 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:21 am

As long as it's not that idiotic screaming moron who commentates on WSB.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#18 scrumpymike

scrumpymike

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:31 am

So far, we have been more than happy with our Sky package that gave us MotoGP, WSB and BSB on the Eorosport channels. As BT broadband customers, we are getting BT Sport for free, and are happy to pay the reasonable £3/month extra for HD (compared with £10 extra for Sky HD). So far so good, as we will enjoy much sharper visual coverage of MotoGP in 2014. What we definitely WILL NOT enjoy is losing the brilliant Sky MotoGP commentary team - even if Sky manage to improve on the donkeys employed by the BBC (which won't be difficult), it just won't be the same. Plus, of course, it's only a matter of time before BT start charging their internet customers more money to continue receiving BT Sport. At that point, something will have to give, as we're already paying around £40/month for a Sky package that doesn't even include the footie!

#19 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:54 pm

From January I won't be having a TV license. Will only be watching on-demand TV  via interweb. Rules say I can so I is.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#20 scrumpymike

scrumpymike

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:49 am

Good luck with that - you'd better brace yourself for the harassment that the TV licensing authority will inevitably subject you to. Totally out of order I know, but that's apparently what they do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users