18 replies to this topic

#1 RSRocket

RSRocket

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:24 pm

What would you expect to receive if you ordered this ?
http://www.motorcycl...nd-sprocket-kit

I am presently in dispute with them as the kit arrived with JT sprockets !
They want me to return the JTs and pay extra for Renthals, is it me ?
24 Hours in a Day, 24 beers in a tray !

"I think the firing orders wrong! : ) "
"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:06 pm

It does say pattern steel sprockets Rob so i would'n of assumed they were anything like a renthal, however i threw the JT sprockets on mine last year, no known issues to date !!!

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:58 pm

To my mind the header above has the Renthal-chain and sprocket wording,
Home - Motorcycle Parts UK | Arrow Exhausts | Arrow Silencers | Chain & Sprocket Kits - Renthal - CHAIN & SPROCKETS - Final Drive / Chain & Sprocket Kits - YAMAHA - Other YAMAHA Models - Yamaha TDM900 02-13 Final Drive | Chain and Sprocket Kit
along with the picture I assumed I had bought Renthals.

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#4 Dougie69

Dougie69

really likes Carpe

• 95 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:58 pm

If I was to put new chain and sprockets on mine I would have the JT sprockets very good and last a long time if well maintained if your after the bling factor I wouldn't use renthal as they wear fast I'd go for supersprox anodised Ali center and steel outer look much better than renthal too as for a chain the JT z1r chain will be my next chain all gold inner and outer links hope you get it resolved and it all works out for you Si .

#5 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:01 pm

Dougie, my last C&S kit was Renthal/Tsubaki, 24,000 miles, happy with that..

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#6 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:03 pm

Is very ambiguous   -  The boxes show 'final drive kits'  So you would easily think that you were getting a Renthal or Tsubaki branded kit, although it does say pattern steel sprockets further down - but then both of the above can be construed as 'pattern' because they aren't OEM kit

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:35 am

Says Renthal so you should get renthal.  Trades Description Act 19 nought blob, item should be 'As Described' :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:47 am

To my mind the header above has the Renthal-chain and sprocket wording,
Home - Motorcycle Parts UK | Arrow Exhausts | Arrow Silencers | Chain & Sprocket Kits - Renthal - CHAIN & SPROCKETS - Final Drive / Chain & Sprocket Kits - YAMAHA - Other YAMAHA Models - Yamaha TDM900 02-13 Final Drive | Chain and Sprocket Kit
along with the picture I assumed I had bought Renthals.

Ah i see, i did'nt notice the header before as just read the description, in that case i think your correct, the ad is a bit misleading..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:26 am

Return the whole kit and go elsewhere.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:18 pm

It's a bit misleading, the bit in the header that mentions Renthal is the section of the website that's Chains & Sprockets and Renthal.  If you look on the menus on the left the chain and sprocket kits are a separate item to Renthal sprockets.  Hopefully that's just poor labelling on the website rather than maliciously trying to make people think they're ordering Renthals rather than other pattern parts.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:26 pm

Returns are at my cost, even if upgrading to Renthals at extra cost.
I remember reading on here the JTs weren't upto much.
Keep the kit as is, return it and go else where ?

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#12 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:01 pm

How does the price compare to other kits if you have to pay the return and then buy Renthals?

I know a few of us had issues with aftermarket front sprockets on Mk1, mine was a JT when the nut came loose.  Don't remember anyone having issues on 900's though, and rear on my Mk1 was still the JT when I sold it to Alun.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:50 pm

As Chris say's i dont think the JT sprocket problem applied to 900's and if i recall correctly our resident high miler has used them without issues.... CB !!

#14 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:35 pm

Final Update on this and the reply I had from the Advertising Standards Authority
Dear Mr Stephenson,

Thank for contacting the ASA with concerns you have about product listings on theMotorcycleraceparts.co.uk
website.

Having reviewed your complaint, we agree that the listings are ambiguous and may possibly lead to customers receiving goods not as expected.

We have contacted the owners of the site who have provided us with a formal assurance that pictures on current product listings will be amended to reflect only the item stated for sale. The relevant manufacturer will also be included so as to allow the consumer to make an informed purchase. The amendments are required on a large quantity of products and so may take some time. All future listings will incorporate this however.

Information including the company name, the industry sector and the medium in which the ad appeared will be published on our website on 7th May 2014, in a list with other advertisers that have co-operated in resolving complaints. Your details however, will not be disclosed nor published.

Thank you again for contacting us.

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:37 am

Result ! :D  Well done Rob !  :good:

Sounds like they've been doing it big time.  <_<

Wonder if Carpe can get a 10% discount with them ?  :image018:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#16 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:05 am

That's unusual, when I contact an official body like that they say go away we can't do anything. Maybe it's me expecting good service for my money.

#17 jonnyaztec

jonnyaztec

really likes Carpe

• 88 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:28 pm

That's unusual, when I contact an official body like that they say go away we can't do anything. Maybe it's me expecting good service for my money.

Ditto.

I did once get a result from Screwfix many years ago. I bought a "hard to lose" hammer ( hi viz handle). When I lost it I wrote a tongue in cheek letter of complaint to Screwfix. They sent me an equally tongue in cheek letter of apology, a new hammer and a complimentary frisbee. Result.

#18 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:36 pm

Yes dablik I've always used JT sprockets and never had a problem with them.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#19 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:23 pm

Yes dablik I've always used JT sprockets and never had a problem with them.

Aha, i knew their was a reason i put them on mine...... :good: if they hold up with your kind of mileage i have no worries with them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users