• Please log in to reply
2136 replies to this topic

#1321 nhmike

nhmike

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:53 pm

Greetings from Hampshire! New Hampshire that is. My new to me ride is a 92 TDM 850 with 20k on the clock. Hoping to share my experiences and learn from yours. Happy Trails!

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding

#1322 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:54 pm

Greetings from Hampshire! New Hampshire that is.

:lol:

:welcome:

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1323 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:27 pm

:welcome:  to da club new member, new hampshire Mike from new Hampshire with a new to you TDM. What's new ? :P

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1324 FDM

FDM

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:28 pm

Just thought I'd put up a re-introduction post. It's been a while since I was on here last. De recession hit Ireland hard and a few rough years went by. I had to sell my TDM unfortunately, ended up unemployed for a very short period and had to adjust priorities etc. Had a Tiger for a short while as well but it had to go too. Turned the corner now, flat out working again in the best job I've ever had, and bought myself a 1999 TDM 850 with 13k miles on the clock today (profile picture) I'm collecting her tomorrow.

Edited by FDM, 15 April 2014 - 09:44 pm.

VN800 Intruder, RF600R, Trophy 1200, K1100RS, FJ1200 3XW '92, TDM850 4TX 2000

#1325 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:33 pm

:welcome: back

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1326 FDM

FDM

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:44 pm

Thank you sir!
VN800 Intruder, RF600R, Trophy 1200, K1100RS, FJ1200 3XW '92, TDM850 4TX 2000

#1327 DarrenR

DarrenR

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:46 am

Hi All, Just joined and thought I would introduce myself...... I am Darren and I have a TDM900 on a 03 plate with 36k on the clock and also have a FZ1N. I live in Essex in the Thurrock area and love to get out on the bikes as much as possible.

I have have had numourous bikes over the years but the best for comfort and touring has to be the TDM!

As soon as I can will post some pics

Cheers

#1328 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:55 am

#1329 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:27 pm

:welcome:  to da club Darren !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1330 RogerD

RogerD

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:48 pm

:welcome:  Darren  lots of good banter and info here, as I am finding out being a relatively recent joiner. :good: 

Roger

2004 Silver TDM 900, Scorpion cans, MRA screen, Heated Grips, Piramid Fender Extenda. Mitchelin PR3's, Oxford Soft luggage.  Now living with Sidestand

2015 BMW R1200GS , in Frost Blue, Adventure screen, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, ESA , BM panniers but Givi topbox.                                                          

#1331 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:50 pm

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#1332 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:08 pm

Hello Darren. It's a great bike for sue and you'll find a good crowd here.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#1333 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:03 am

Hello Darren. It's a great bike for sue and you'll find a good crowd here.

Hi Darren i hope you like your new bike much more than sue  :)  good innit......

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1334 shiftylukbast2

shiftylukbast2

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:08 pm

• Just thought I would check in and say Hi. Name is Dave and I live in the south west of the UK. Just picked up my new (to me) 2009 TDM today. 4k on the clocks, switches and brakes feel like a brand new bike, it's even still got the protective plastic on the ignition switch bezel. After a succession of sportsbikes the first 100 mile ride home was like sitting in an armchair. Anyway I will try to read as many posts as I can before asking the usual dumbass questions, but no promises. Hello again.

#1335 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:27 am

Hi shifty, nice is'nt it  :lol:  she's got quite a sporty side as well and can hang in with the rest, good choice, lots of info here, and this site is a free sign in as well..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1336 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:32 am

Yoohoo shifty.  Dumbass questions are good....just prepare for dumbass answers. :)

#1337 RogerD

RogerD

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:47 am

Hi Shifty, and welcome on board

Roger

2004 Silver TDM 900, Scorpion cans, MRA screen, Heated Grips, Piramid Fender Extenda. Mitchelin PR3's, Oxford Soft luggage.  Now living with Sidestand

2015 BMW R1200GS , in Frost Blue, Adventure screen, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, ESA , BM panniers but Givi topbox.                                                          

#1338 GregN

GregN

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:56 pm

Hi! 

I'm Greg. This is my second TDM, and I use it primarily for travelling. My favorite destinations are south-east of where I live, some of them far away south-east. Too bad that some of these countries are not really that accessible any more.

Greg on the road

http://hothaus.de/greg-tour

#1339 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:42 pm

#1340 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:07 pm

Hi Greg, welcome..i shall waste a few hours reading your blog soon, looks interesting.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users