Photo
- - - - -

Moto Gp Part 2 (Big Fat Spoiler Alert ! )

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:01 am

That was a good read Blue - I respect Mat Oxley as a journo - he's been at it a long time.

In the early 80s I was on a ferry going over the Channel to the Bol d'Or at Paul Ricard in the south of France. It was a Tuesday and there was a bloke on the ferry reading the MCN - the MCN was always out on a Wednesday and once we got chatting it transpired he was Matt Oxley from MCN going to the Bol with a group test of Yamaha LCs. I was on an ol' Beemer R80 and we coincidentally met the strokers in service stations on a few occasions on the way down. They were going flat oot and refuelling every 80 miles - the tortoise was doing less than half the number of stops.

There was a press office at the circuit and we'd arrived early for the weekend so with a bit of a brass neck we went into the office and said I was Matt Oxley, could I have my billet s'il yous plait? We even got another one, seemingly Oxley had booked 2 tickets. That was the cheapest Bol d' Or I'd ever been to plus access to all areas to boot. We never saw Matt or his cronies all weekend but I guess he got in somehow :)  

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#182 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:14 pm

Great story Al :good: Giving your age away a bit though :P

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#183 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:56 pm

Great story Al :good: Giving your age away a bit though :P

Damn, better change my profile info  ;)

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users