ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:59 pm

Check out the Yamaha OR2T.

Sod the wheels' WTF were they thinking with the headlight?

Yamaha-OR2T-concept-1.jpg

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#22 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:36 pm

The Yamaha OR2T...When you need reminding that just because you can...You shouldn't...

#23 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:49 pm

When I looked at this, I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I could swear there were 2 wheels at the back. Then I realised it WAS a four wheeler and not 3. No likey either way.

Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#24 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:53 pm

Thought I was pissed again. :unsure2:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#25 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:56 pm

Thought I was pissed again. :unsure2:

No, that was the designer. He bet the bloke he shares an office with a box of Sushi that he could get a prototype made with his old desk lamp installed somewhere.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#26 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:07 am

Haven't kept up with the Italian 3-wheeler story, but recall that the Gilera Fuoco 500 was already nippy, so the Yamaha engine has interesting potential.My triked niner pulls fine despite an added weight of about 130 kgs over the original bike.
The double forks look plug ugly but I guess were the only quick way to addrès the seldom mentioned Piaggio / Gilera problem, namely the control of the front end lump which gets very heavy when it rotates well over and you then find yourself bull-wrestling if you're unprepared.

Edited by Pict, 20 November 2015 - 10:03 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#27 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:42 pm

That's the million dollar question. How does all that weight on the front steer? Not quickly, I bet.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#28 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:44 am

IIRC the Italian 3-wheelers have smaller wheels than Yamaha so the tilting dynamics will be expressed differently as you lean this taller beastie. I'm a bit concerned about the Yamaha's front tyre edge behaviour with a wide, larger radius low profile "square edge" rubber fitted - it smacks a bit of fitting a car tyre = "going darkside" as the scooter or trike sets would call it...?

Edited by Pict, 20 November 2015 - 10:30 am.

#29 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:34 pm

Darksiding is a popular mod in the US on Hardleys, too. They know a thing or two about handling so it must be ok................

#30 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:49 pm

I like it but due to width very little advantage over a car in a jam

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users