#1 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:11 pm

I was watching one of those lame law ENFORCEMENT programmes the BBC is so fond of this morning, weary copper stops a repeat offender who swears he's got a licence and insurance, we all know, as do both of them,that he hasn't. His 200 quid car is seized, at the end when they round up the days cases this bloke is "hit" with six points on his licence ( HELLO! Have you been following this? )And a £15 fine! Well that'll teach him!! Why does anyone bother being legal?

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#2 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:49 pm

Because we are not them.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:06 pm

Don't you know that we now live on a sort of generational Bizarro world Chris. Here everything runs in almost the opposite way to what it did when we were littleuns. Stupidity is the new common sense.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#4 NickIAM

NickIAM

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:00 pm

The trouble is, when dealing with people who don't give a shit about anything, who have had runins with the police since childhood, and whose parents and now they are in and out of prison... they have little they value and little to lose... The courts can issue another fine they will have to shoplift to pay, a community service sentence they won't complete, or lock them up (at the tax payers expense) in the knowledge they will learn nothing from it.

Seriously, I'm sure we can all come up with things we'd like to do to them, but the options for the courts are frighteningly inadequate.

(that's my little rant)

;)

:)

Yeah, I've done the IAM. And yeah, I recommend it (any so-called 'advanced training' come to that; not just IAM): A low cost training course based on the system used by the police, which is largely common sense once pointed out, making one smoother, quicker and safer. What's not to like? And why would one not want to tell others?  :hide:

#5 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:47 am

The trouble is, when dealing with people who don't give a shit about anything, who have had runins with the police since childhood, and whose parents and now they are in and out of prison... they have little they value and little to lose... The courts can issue another fine they will have to shoplift to pay, a community service sentence they won't complete, or lock them up (at the tax payers expense) in the knowledge they will learn nothing from it.

Seriously, I'm sure we can all come up with things we'd like to do to them, but the options for the courts are frighteningly inadequate.

(that's my little rant)

;)

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users