9 replies to this topic

#1 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:45 pm

When I downloaded windows 10 and had the initial problems with it that most people had at the time with drivers etc, I uploaded some pics to my computor and basically lost them :( It was from a wedding we attended and the wife is giving me grief about losing them :waiting: Tonight I downloaded a supposedly "FREE" recovery file for SD cards and yes :badgerrock: I seen the lost Photos and proceeded to save them! but at a cost of $39.99 the bastids :rant:

Does anyone know of a totally free way of doing it or do I have to pay these capitalist American Tvats?????

PS the card reader programme on me pooter is "Realtec" is it possible to use that to recover lost files on the SD card???

John

Edited by jono49, 22 November 2015 - 10:45 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:11 pm

Yes, Testdisk. I tried all sort of software and this was the only one that worked for a damaged hard drive. It took forever, but I got most of the blokes photos back for him. 

http://www.cgsecurit...g/wikTestDiski/

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:58 am

Link doesnt work :good:

#4 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:50 am

Try a program called Recuva its free or professional which you have to buy https://www.piriform.com/recuva

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:28 am

Have a look here, might be summat for you John. http://www.snapfiles...tarecovery.html

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:59 am

http://www.cgsecurit...g/wiki/TestDisk

If you're not confident on computers it's not got the easiest software to navigate, but very powerful. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#7 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:15 pm

Have got some pretty good recovery software on a machine at work (I'm a support tech), so I'd be happy to run it through if you can get the card to me.  But if it's a simple case of the files just having been deleted then Recuva should do the job.  For more complex stuff I'd have to say +1 for Testdisk.  I've used it to retrieve recorded TV from a crashed Freeview box.  A bit intractable but powerful.

1996 TDM850 in Yellow, Motad Nexxus, MK1 bashplate, Acerbis handguards, K&N, Xenons, Aux lamps, Bluespot calipers, Renthal 755 bars, DIY panniers, JBX-inspired gear indicator.  (Currently not on the road.)

Bikes wot I have had and dun't have any more: 1983 Honda CB125TDC, 1976 Kawasaki S1C (early KH250 stroker triple), 1986 Honda VF500F2, 1992 Kawasaki KLE500.

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:17 pm

www.download.com usually has a few free data recovery programmes. Remember to get free not free to try.

#9 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:43 pm

Thanks :good: None of the others worked without putting my hand in my pocket :huh: I'd need a general anesthetic to get that much out of me....I'm a tight Scotch tvat FFS :lol:

#10 NickIAM

NickIAM

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:22 pm

www.download.com usually has a few free data recovery programmes. Remember to get free not free to try.

(just look out for the other free software they often bundle into the free download these days. Either select the direct download option or go to the company's own site once you find one you want to try.)

:)

Yeah, I've done the IAM. And yeah, I recommend it (any so-called 'advanced training' come to that; not just IAM): A low cost training course based on the system used by the police, which is largely common sense once pointed out, making one smoother, quicker and safer. What's not to like? And why would one not want to tell others?  :hide:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users