Road to RTT: scottish carpedians

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:33 pm

Well dandy is taking the flower-power-mobile down, no not the 900, the bongy tongue.gif . So are any of the real men on motorbikes interested on meeting up for the ride down.

Edited by Emmett, 06 June 2006 - 10:44 pm.

#2 ROB1

ROB1

Knight of Postsalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:58 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Wed 7th Jun 2006, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well dandy is taking the flower-power-mobile down, no not the 900, the bongy tongue.gif . So are any of the real men on motorbikes interested on meeting up for the ride down.

well by the obvious lack of replies i guess their isnt!!

#3 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:34 pm

Might not take the Bongo after all........decide soon and let you know.
you still going to Applecross Emmett?

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#4 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:43 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Wed 7th Jun 2006, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might not take the Bongo after all........decide soon and let you know.
you still going to Applecross Emmett?

Yea, I think Minty and I are gonna go up Saturday morning, I'm gonna see if I can get a half day Friday though and head up then. I'm definitely going at some stage, I'll keep in touch.

#5 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:04 pm

I'll meet up with ya Emmett as long as its midday as I have to get down from Inverness what way were you planning down to coldstream and Hadriens wall or M6?

#6 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:01 pm

Well I'll take that as a no then. Anyone else heading down to lakes on Friday?

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:34 pm

QUOTE(TDMBob @ Thu 15th Jun 2006, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably on Friday afternoon Bob.........I'll be taking the bike alone - no campervan

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#8 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:37 pm

Cheers Alan will give you a call nearer the time I'm off on the Friday so can just take my time getting down to Edinburgh so anytime after 11 is fine.

#9 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:48 pm

QUOTE(TDMBob @ Thu 15th Jun 2006, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Bob I wasn't ignoring you, I'm just not sure when I'll be leaving Edinburgh, I'd like to get away early and have a good long spin (weather dependant), if I'm leaving later I'll let you ken wink.gif

QUOTE(TDMBob @ Thu 15th Jun 2006, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers Alan will give you a call nearer the time I'm off on the Friday so can just take my time getting down to Edinburgh so anytime after 11 is fine.

He'll never be ready by then, unless he starts getting ready on thursday tongue.gif

#10 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:24 pm

Hi Emmett
I'll give Dandy a phone wednesday night then good.gif And hear nearer the time whats happening. Don't know what the other guys from Scotland are doing yet might get a meet up somewhere but I'm flexible (with time that is before Dandy passes remarks). I have just spent a fun hour trying to get the spring back on the side stand after fitting crash bars and buggered me thumb up as well oh the joys. wub.gif

#11 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:11 pm

QUOTE(TDMBob @ Thu 15th Jun 2006, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Emmett
I'll give Dandy a phone wednesday night then good.gif And hear nearer the time whats happening. Don't know what the other guys from Scotland are doing yet might get a meet up somewhere but I'm flexible (with time that is before Dandy passes remarks). I have just spent a fun hour trying to get the spring back on the side stand after fitting crash bars and buggered me thumb up as well oh the joys. wub.gif

Bummer... If you have to remove/replace again here's what to do:

Get a good grip on both ends with some locking pliers (we call 'em 'vise-grips') and bend the spring in a U. In the 'outer part of the bend' the sping is spaced wide. Put coins between the spaces, then bend it the other way and do the same. When it straightens out the coins will make it longer. Hook it back on then use the vise-grips to pull the coins back out.

(Then use the coins to buy a pint) drinks.gif

Edited by tdm850rider, 16 June 2006 - 09:12 pm.

Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#12 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:33 pm

clever!!! good.gif TH
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#13 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:43 pm

Thanks Thomas Top Tip I'm just getting all these little bits done ready for the RTT06 and am heading straight over to Europe after Lake district

#14 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:54 pm

QUOTE(TDMBob @ Sat 17th Jun 2006, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Thomas Top Tip I'm just getting all these little bits done ready for the RTT06 and am heading straight over to Europe after Lake district

So what time are you gonna be hitting Edinburgh TDMBob? Dandy's working till 2.30, and I think Tizermac is heading down at some stage too. What's yer plan.

Dandy are you heading down straight after work, or will ya take all day to get on the bike as usual tongue.gif

#15 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:09 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what time are you gonna be hitting Edinburgh TDMBob? Dandy's working till 2.30, and I think Tizermac is heading down at some stage too. What's yer plan.

Dandy are you heading down straight after work, or will ya take all day to get on the bike as usual tongue.gif

Straight after work ya cheeky wank, might be able to sneak away a bit earlier.....I'll phone you

#16 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:38 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Straight after work ya cheeky wank, might be able to sneak away a bit earlier.....I'll phone you

Alan,
remember to write down phone number of who you give yer spare keys to for when you get back home

and perhaps stick the paper on yer front door
at least then you're sure you dont loose the phonenumber cool.gif
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#17 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:17 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alan,
remember to write down phone number of who you give yer spare keys to for when you get back home

I thought he'd give me the spare key G, we could continue the RTT at Dandys when he was in Europe tongue.gif

#18 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:19 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alan,

And what time of the day friday are you lot expecting to pass junction 42 of the M6 or better still carlisle

as i live there i could meet you guys and take you down the last little bit, or if your up for it show you some nice little stretches of tarmac to the destination.

or alternatively you could have a staging post just for a piss stop / cuppa / sarnie break wink.gif

i finish nights at 6am friday so no earlier than 13:00 though tongue.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#19 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:23 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what time of the day friday are you lot expecting to pass junction 42 of the M6 or better still carlisle

as i live there i could meet you guys and take you down the last little bit, or if your up for it show you some nice little stretches of tarmac to the destination.

or alternatively you could have a staging post just for a piss stop / cuppa / sarnie break wink.gif

i finish nights at 6am friday so no earlier than 13:00 though tongue.gif

I'll talk to Dandy tomorrow and I'll let you know when we'll be near you then good.gif

#20 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:38 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll talk to Dandy tomorrow and I'll let you know when we'll be near you then good.gif

ok diddly dokey rolleyes.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users