#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:15 pm

came across this today, handy for taking less stuff and more room for cake and vino/beer

your welcome 

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:22 pm

Weird, if he is packing his pants. Does he not have them on??? What?? Some people have more than one pair!!

Treadering is the cure for overpacking and a good way of learning how to pack....if you have to pedal that sheet a long way it soon focuses the mind on what you actually need and how to find places for that stuff to go.

Never tried the army roll but looks worth a go....if I ever need to carry my pants somewhere without wearing them!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:51 pm

I reckon that method would be great until you unpack for the first time and the bar is open. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:38 pm

I roll t-shirt, underwear and socks up together, with the ankle end of the socks sticking out of the roll, once it's rolled up flip the stocking out bit of sock inside out and pull it down over the roll to keep everything together.  Then you just need 1 roll for a complete change of clothes.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:20 am

Now that is good British thinking !!
Impressive 👍
<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 30 August 2020 - 05:08 pm

I do this for my running tops, mainly so I can see them and decide which to wear

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:06 pm

I roll t-shirt, underwear and socks up together, with the ankle end of the socks sticking out of the roll, once it's rolled up flip the stocking out bit of sock inside out and pull it down over the roll to keep everything together.  Then you just need 1 roll for a complete change of clothes.

Captain thundercrackers eh. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:06 pm

Top tip! If only this virus would f-off so I can do tours again. My top tip, much to my missus's delight is packing my "holy" old pants and old T-shirts and chucking them as I change.  She then doesnt nag me to chuck them away, and my bags gets lighter every day. More room for cake. Every one knows the old "holy" ones are the most comfortable.  BTW, do you know you can make one pair of keks last four days? :unsure2:

Edited by Pedro, 30 August 2020 - 09:07 pm.

#9 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:32 am

BTW, do you know you can make one pair of keks last four days? :unsure2:

Only four! What are you, some sort of hygiene fetishist?  :rotflmmfao:

Rolling rather than folding clothes not only makes them easier to pack, it also reduces the chance of creases. Important if you’re attending a formal function, say a cocktail party at the Ambassadors residence. It definitely saves you packing a travel iron and trouser-press. I’m sure we’ve all faced that dilemma  :)

Edited by Jim, 02 September 2020 - 10:33 am.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:16 pm

Every James Bond fans knows the best way to stop your dinner jacket getting creased is to wear it under your wetsuit as you sneak in to the Ambassadors residence.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:08 am

Kylie Minogue..........

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#12 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:31 pm

Small package ?

I'll be testing out these clever packing ideas when I eventually get away as I'll be using E21's.  Last time I used the large Yamaha panniers and never had a problem packing nicely ironed and folded clothes along with sandals, trainers, waterproofs, tools, A2 map, toiletries etc etc.

#13 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:35 pm

You won't have to bin 'em Studders when you get to No,64, I'll get Mrs Gdogg to wash 'em through for the return leg !! Win Win 

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 06:22 pm

:good: I'll bring my sunday best then. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users