#1 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 September 2020 - 11:53 am

Swmbo's rear wiper motor has gone west and so i need a replacement which is quite difficult to source, found only a few available 2nd hand one of which is in NL but they wont post to the UK and the other in the UK are robin barstewards.... Aftermarket would suit but cant find any..

I have the part number as i've dismantled it but cant find it anywhere on car part sites, new or aftermarket, am i missing a trick to find this item, any suggestions from someone who's privy to the car parts world..

Other cars often come up in the search,  Citroen C1 and Toyota Aygo as a match but often have different number of pin terminals and fixing bracket and i dont know if they are interchangeable ! For the most part they share the same engine just with a different badge..

I'll keep looking but it's one of these if any one has a suggestion.. the only difference is the last part number digit which i presume is just an upgrade..

Edit......dont mind spending that much on the bike but furra Peugeot it's a bit steep innit  :)

Edited by dablik, 06 September 2020 - 11:54 am.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:17 pm

Give us car details dabs year/enjun type and oil keep a look ooot.

I dunno 108 but if similar to 306 I have never had to replace. Always managed to rebuild em. Normally water ingress. Did it just stick in some position and refuse to budge?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:58 pm

If you put "108 breaking" on da bay it finds quite a lot of cars. Might be worth the pain of messaging em to see if someone has a reasonable price for Juan.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 02:05 pm

Give us car details dabs year/enjun type and oil keep a look ooot.

I dunno 108 but if similar to 306 I have never had to replace. Always managed to rebuild em. Normally water ingress. Did it just stick in some position and refuse to budge?

Started working very slowly and then just stopped, lots of water ingress and very rusted, i've taken it off the car but cant really see a way to free up the wiper spindle, the moving parts are accessible under the fixing plate but i'm not even getting a motor noise as such when turned on even though the motor get's warm, so it's getting power, pretty sure it's seized..a common problem on them it appears..

2014 Peugeot 108 1.0 VTI Active 69hp i'll have to message a few people it seems...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 06 September 2020 - 05:00 pm

Could put it in a bucket o diesel fer a few days to see if it loosens up cos o the diesel and a little work = cheap to try bud. In my experience diesel penetrates all inc. seized cherrypicker feet. :good: If it works for you, it'll buy you some extra time to source another wiper motor.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 05:29 pm

If you have completely given up on it and it's going in the bin then yar welcome to send it on Doon and oil have a squiz. Not same design as mine but same principle. It will be the gubbins under the spindle whats boogered.

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 05:49 pm

Could put it in a bucket o diesel fer a few days to see if it loosens up cos o the diesel and a little work = cheap to try bud. In my experience diesel penetrates all inc. seized cherrypicker feet. :good: If it works for you, it'll buy you some extra time to source another wiper motor.

Cheers Al but that would mean buying 5 litres of diesel which i wont use though..

If you have completely given up on it and it's going in the bin then yar welcome to send it on Doon and oil have a squiz. Not same design as mine but same principle. It will be the gubbins under the spindle whats boogered.

Maybe i should take a look at the insides eh daps, guess it just needs freeing up, will have to find summit to cover the hole up in the glass...

#8 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:33 pm

There's a couple of French used auto parts places nearish to you.

https://www.frenchco...onspares.co.uk/

and

http://www.pugbitz.com/car-parts/

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 07:18 pm

There's a couple of French used auto parts places nearish to you.

https://www.frenchco...onspares.co.uk/

and

http://www.pugbitz.com/car-parts/

Oh very good Studs, i'll come back to those if needed, have it stripped now and got the spindle part soaking in Deox C which i de-rusted the bike tank with, worth a try and if not a replacement anyway.. thanks for the ideas chaps, will post if it worked or not...

The spindle is defo seized as i can only move it a mm with mole grips..

#10 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:41 am

It's really surprised me how tight that spindle gets before the motor fails to move them. I had a VW sharan for 20 years and had the front linkage out must be 6 times.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#11 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:43 am

If you're completely stuck I could look in to how much postage would be for you to send the NL one to me in NL, and then I post it on.  It's presumably not that heavy.

Is the part definitely the same for a LHD and RHD car though?  I discovered the other week that front wiper blades for my Octavia are a different fitting for LHD or RHD cars

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#12 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 11:45 am

If you're completely stuck I could look in to how much postage would be for you to send the NL one to me in NL, and then I post it on.  It's presumably not that heavy.

Is the part definitely the same for a LHD and RHD car though?  I discovered the other week that front wiper blades for my Octavia are a different fitting for LHD or RHD cars

Thanks Chris, the thought had crossed my mind but, it would be 10 Euros to post to you and then added post to the UK, no price for the item as have to enquire, so for all that hassle may as well just enquire here, but thanks very much for the offer, appreciated, yep i've become aware of RH and LH, on SWMBO's front wiper the motor has 2 fittings, 1 each for RH or LH fitting.

As it goes i've managed to free up the spindle on this one, soaked in Deox C which took rust of the outside but it was a liberal squirt of ACF50 down a little hole which freed the spindle, was extremely stiff and resistant, now spinning lubberly, hopefully it will work now ?

Edit... Rear wiper not handed though..

Edited by dablik, 07 September 2020 - 11:46 am.

#13 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 07 September 2020 - 12:30 pm

Yeah double postage might well kill it.

I assume you've checked if it's a common part with the Citroen C1 and Toyota Aygo?

Hopefully you've fixed the current one now though.  Luckily when I had one fail in 306 is was back in the days when I could go down the local scrappy with my tools and they'd point me in the direction of another 306.

Edited by ChrisG, 07 September 2020 - 12:32 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:53 pm

Yeah double postage might well kill it.

I assume you've checked if it's a common part with the Citroen C1 and Toyota Aygo?

Hopefully you've fixed the current one now though.  Luckily when I had one fail in 306 is was back in the days when I could go down the local scrappy with my tools and they'd point me in the direction of another 306.

Different pins and fixing brackets, some are interchangeable but it's pot luck, none i've looked at would fit, and mine is a Toyota Denso motor haha. Will see if this works once the boss is home..

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:55 pm

Assuming you get it working, I'm sure you will, is there a way of future proofing it against rusting again ?  Or is it just crap design.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#16 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:42 pm

Car breakers yards haven't really adopted the internet yet, you're going to be better off ringing around Cliff. Or there's places like www.breakeryard.com who will do the donkey work for you, probably at a cost :rolleyes: . I sorted a door a while ago for my sister's car, couldn't find a thing on the net, the first one I rang (in Derbyshire) had a choice of colours!!! I think these guys are the biggest locally - http://www.mertonspares.co.uk/ though I've never used them

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#17 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:06 pm

Assuming you get it working, I'm sure you will, is there a way of future proofing it against rusting again ?  Or is it just crap design.

Nope did'nt work mucka, freed the spindle up with a lot of squeeling but when put back together with the cogs would'nt budge, suspect bearing shot and cant remove the spindle from the housing, tried it anyway with slathers of grease to keep waterproof.. fits through the back window glass so i dont think it can be tightened enough with it's rubber bungs to make totally waterproof..

Car breakers yards haven't really adopted the internet yet, you're going to be better off ringing around Cliff. Or there's places like www.breakeryard.com who will do the donkey work for you, probably at a cost :rolleyes: . I sorted a door a while ago for my sister's car, couldn't find a thing on the net, the first one I rang (in Derbyshire) had a choice of colours!!! I think these guys are the biggest locally - http://www.mertonspares.co.uk/ though I've never used them

Your right Chris, already signed up for breakeryard but nowt yet, no mention of charges though, maybe i missed that, will try the links posted but i suspect the easiest way is as daps mentioned on ebay...i'll get to it once i'm off work.. Hills have nothing which i'm surprised at, they have huge stock..

#18 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:06 pm

I know not quite the same but would this fit?

https://www.amazon.c...b_sb_ss_fb_1_24

#19 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:39 pm

I know not quite the same but would this fit?

https://www.amazon.c...b_sb_ss_fb_1_24

Nope Kieth, none would fit, they throw up all kinds in a search, all have different brackets and need to be wary of terminal fitment, thanks for looking though. 

#20 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:16 pm

Dablik
Have a look at SCB in Edinburgh they have a couple of 108's breaking
according to there website both 2014 models

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic