#21 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:12 pm

CO2 cylinders won't re-seat a tyre that has come away from the rim.........

you need lighter fuel and a match for that  :P

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#22 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:05 pm

One thing I will add about having a puncture repair done, don't let them drill/clean the hole any bigger than it already is. The less wire strands you break, the stronger the carcass will remain. Those rubber cord repairs are good if used properly. On a long trip, I take a disassembled 12v compressor with me. Just the compressor and hose. Takes less space.

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:39 pm

Took boike out on yard and put back in about 3 months ago. Next time i went to move boike..... puncture. Grrrr. Now cant find anyone who will wire mushroom from inside. No one wants to touch as H rated tyre.

So normal situation, broken with the minimum of effort (wheeling the boike 30yards) and prolly take 6 months to fix.

Wonder if I might just get the inside to outside mushrooms and fix me'sen..in the dark.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 10:43 am

It's getting silly to find a tyre repair man, replaced the tube on my rear and pinched it twice, 2 tyre places would'nt repair, 1 wanted me to sign a waiver  :huh: and the 2nd would'nt touch a tubed tyre, finally found an old boy who was happy to sort it, seems to me as well tubeless tyre walls are so stiff they can be hard to remove, prolly best trying to warm it up a bit dabs before removal, ya can buy the mushrooms to do yerself.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#25 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 02:21 pm

Yeah have changed TDM tyres mesen no probs. a lot easy ier than Dave's tyres... Very stiff, rim lock n tube. But don't have anywhere to work on stuff at mo. Will def have facilities to sort mesen when moved.

Wheel now in back of pug, traveling from Oxon to devonia, incase i get a chance to sort it before next lock up visit. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠ʘ⁠‿⁠ʘ⁠_⁠/⁠¯

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#26 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 30 December 2023 - 12:11 pm

Good luck  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#27 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 30 December 2023 - 09:05 pm

Use this
https://youtube.com/...TXkaUUnQjm8U8yG
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#28 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 30 December 2023 - 09:23 pm

Haa that's very neat LH. Not seen them before. Definitely a lot of it is technique fitting Dave tyres (heidenau k60s). I actually quite enjoy it.

TDM wheels, especially this posh one dabbers painted, oim more worried aboot scratchin.

I read that it is legal to make one <3mm repair to a tyre atwix j and v speed rated.

#29 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 31 December 2023 - 09:44 am

The tool for multiple bikes is not cheap
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#30 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 09:48 am

It seems the one in the pootube vid (Baja no pinch) is a copy of the Kauritmoto version. Expensive kit.

#31 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 10:29 am

There is certainly a cheaper version of that tool knocking about, needs a good amount of google fu though. Might be the Baja as you mention daps !? Lee could bang oneodem up  :)

#32 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 11:49 am

Took wheel to old devonia boy. Fixed proper inside patch no bother. Jobsa carrot.

Gonna def get me the kit to do proper job once the time is right.

https://youtu.be/-Uq...?feature=shared

#33 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 12:11 pm

One thing I'll mention about plugging a tyre on that video. I wouldn't drill out the hole with a 6mm rasping tool if the hole is less than 6mm. You'll be breaking more wires than already damaged. Those plugs will go through a clean 4mm hole with a some glue as lube. I've done 100's of car tyres and dozens of bike tyres an not one failed.

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 01:54 pm

Yeah most peeps say dont ream.

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 06:33 am

Took me 3 months to get puncture fixed and put wheel back on boike...having said that still have to adjust chain and torque everything..maybe a job for the summer!!!! (⁠*⁠❛⁠‿⁠❛⁠)⁠→

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users