Photo
- - - - -

Sold ! 2000 Tdm 850 Mk2A For Sale ! Sold !

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:15 pm

Carpe dudes,

Due to my on going health issues it's with a heavy heart that I have finally come to a decision regarding the plight of WinalotPrime and it's that he must find a new human to protect, Doh !!   :lol:

I've only advertised the bike on here at the moment to "test the water" just in case any of you cats are on the look out for an 850 MK2 for a friend, colleague or family member, I'll ask the boy to put it in MCN in a week or so if no interest or takers.

Attached File  LHS 28.06.2020.JPG   183.63KB   2 downloads     Attached File  RHS REAR 28.06.2020.JPG   176.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  RHS FRONT 28.06.2020 1.JPG   187.65KB   1 downloads    Attached File  Engine 28.06.2020.JPG   151.22KB   0 downloads 

Y2K bike on an X plate

26,000 miles covered (90% Dry miles since 2013 !) , only had 18k on it when I brought it !

2 owner bike

Metallic silver (Fastest of the Mk2's apparently, don't let people tell you it's the yellow ones !)

Has a full service history

Valve clearances done at 20k

All books, Yamaha tool pack, spare keys available

2 into 1 S/S exhaust down pipes with S/S slip on can

Givi mono rack fitted (colour matched frame to bike) & Givi top box if required

Suzuki Vstrom hand guards 

New Gel battery fitted Pre Lock-down

Plus numerous small mods too many to list (I'll enlighten potential purchasers)

I'm biased but safe to say it's in "Well above average condition" especially for a 20 year old bike.

WinalotPrime was a featured bike in Classic Motor Cycle Mechanics a few years back (I still have a signed copy by Bertie Symmonds & Mark Watson somewhere) it was titled "The Pampered parallel" and basically documented how I came to be in possession of the bike and the ground up refirb I carried out back in 2012/13.

It's currently on SORN and has been since hanging up my helmet & gear in Oct 2018, and has been dry stored in my garage.

I will put 12 months MOT on it at time of sale, will sail through as I have spent the Spring going through the brakes, checking chain, tyres, doing an oil change and getting it cleaned and polished up ready for the road again, it'll just need a tank of fuel and away you go   :)

Was looking for £1600 solely down to it's condition and history of the bike.

If you need any more specific details please "PM" me and I will give you my phone numbers.

Stay Safe Carpe Dudes  :badgerrock:

PS : I'll add some photos shortly : Tadah !!  Photos added from this morning  :good:

Also here's a link to Carpe Members Gallery, photos of the bike with a lot of "Before & After" shots of the refirb 2012 / 2013.

http://www.carpe-tdm...llery&album=299

Edited by Gdogg, 05 July 2020 - 03:13 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:36 pm

Damn Gav that's a shame. I hope it goes on here then you can keep up with the adventures. GLWS :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:43 pm

Bad goddy. Boike looks good.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:47 pm

Get a scoot Gav, it's a shame but think you should shift that easy enough, good luck eh.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:01 pm

Shame it has to go mate. :(   It's a good honest bike at a fair price.  Shouldn't have any problem selling it. GLWS :good:

Didn't know it was featured in CMCM.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:12 pm

Sorry to hear it has to go, good luck with it.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#7 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:15 pm

Shame it has to go mate. :(   It's a good honest bike at a fair price.  Shouldn't have any problem selling it. GLWS :good:

Didn't know it was featured in CMCM.

Yep, the bike was in BDS Peterborough having the valve clearances done and getting set up on their dyno and Mark Watson rang and asked Mark Brewin if he knew of any smart TDMs in the area ? funny you should ask that, Im working on one now ! (whats the chances of that !), he gave him my number and they got in contact and asked if Id like to contribute to a feature on TDMs, didnt need asking twice!! He rang me a couple days later for the interview and I submitted a load of photos for them to go through to put in the feature, job done ✅

Edited by Gdogg, 26 June 2020 - 09:22 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#8 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:18 am

Good bike at a good price.

Take care mate.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#9 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:22 pm

Will do tiger   :good: 

You too, Stay Safe

Edited by Gdogg, 28 June 2020 - 04:08 pm.

#10 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:19 pm

Get a scoot Gav, it's a shame but think you should shift that easy enough, good luck eh.

Cheers Dabbs, hopefully it will go a someone on the forum or associated to someone here, that would be ace.

Could get a maxi scoot (as discussed previously) but need to get both shoulders fixed, C5 & C6 vertebrae fused and in line for a pacemaker to sort the ticker issue out !! So will be a while yet !!   :rotflmmfao:

In no rush to sell the bike just think the time is right, but will possibly keep it if no takers and wait a few years and see how things pan out.

Stay Safe fella  :good:

Edited by Gdogg, 28 June 2020 - 04:21 pm.

#11 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:53 pm

You an all matey, dont worry they fixed Steve Austin up okay :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#12 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:37 pm

I see you got your new ride, very nice too Gdogg.

Attached File  g-dog.jpg   242.39KB   0 downloads

Spotted while out on a job.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:40 pm

Haaaaa well spotted
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:59 pm

Ha, good spot SB. 

That woman has got really long legs. :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#15 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:23 pm

Awesome   :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:

Ha, good spot SB. 

That woman has got really long legs. :D

No Studders I think they're joined to those wheels, it's like a super Segway !!  Or a Mega Gokart with the person (Dwarf) in the front steering. Not only that, is there a yellow Darlek peeping out of the left hand shed ? 

Edited by Gdogg, 23 July 2020 - 05:24 pm.

#16 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:53 pm

I see you got your new ride, very nice too Gdogg.

attachicon.gif g-dog.jpg

Spotted while out on a job.

That's cool  :rotflmmfao:  :good:

Mate of mine at Perkins Engines Pboro was at a Vintage Rally a few years back and spotted a Willy's Jeep with "Gdog"on the drivers side of the window scuttle. 

#17 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:28 am

The plane is just down the road from pboro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users