• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:47 am

Attached File  34resized.jpg   385.22KB   4 downloadsAttached File  43resized.jpg   366.02KB   1 downloadsAttached File  44resized.jpg   341.27KB   1 downloads

I am thinking of putting my 57 plate TDM up for sale. I have had it just over three years. I would describe the condition as very, very good. It has 30,200 miles on the clock.

I have carried out all the servicing whilst in my ownership, including oil & filter changes, valve clearances & plug change. Brake pads and fluids changed including purging the ABS unit. Also re-greased the rear suspension linkage a couple of times, and replaced the fork oil.

I also fettled the CSM as it was causing problems when I first aquired the bike. I have just fitted a new X ring chain with new sprockets. Front sprocket is one tooth less than standard (I prefer this gearing) but have a new standard sprocket which is included.

I am after a shaft drive bike as most of my previous bikes were shaft drive, so would consider a trade for a Pan European ST1300, 1100 Breva or what have you with shaft drive with cash adjustment either way.

I can MOT the bike at the point of sale – it isn't MOT'd at the moment as the local garage I use has only just returned to work.

Extras include: centre stand, aux socket, Suzuki handguards, heated grips, fenda extenda and Givi V35 panniers which have slight marking to them, but absolutely no damage. The badge is missing from one of them. The seat has a gell-pad fitted .

Bad points: Well I am being really picky here, but I would rather be upfront. The LH mirror has some specs of silvering missing. One of the front side panels fixing lugs has been repaired -by me.

Also at the front LH panel fixing point I made a bracket from ali (its not pretty, but stronger than original). The aux socket is mounted on the small plastic panel on the side below the seat. I replaced this and the old fixing screw holes can be seen (just). Lastly the screen is dull on one side (I think someone tried polishing it with something abrasive). I have a perfect slightly taller screen which can go with the bike.

The eagle eyed among you might have noticed that the pannier frames that are fitted to the bike at present don't match the V35 cases. You'd be right because I have Monokey frames on my other bike, so changed the frames on the TDM so I could use the same cases for both bikes. I can change these over at point of sale. At the moment there is a top box mount fixed to the grab handles.

I do have a nice top box, which I don't really want to include in the sale, but if its a deal breaker I might let it go with the bike.

So if anyone is looking for one, I don’t think you will be disappointed. I looked at loads of TDM's before I bought this bike.

Price – will have to be close to £2,650.

If anyone requires more info or photos please send pm.

Thanks for looking.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:51 am

Lovely bike spike... glws.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:21 am

Lovely bike spike... glws.

Thanks.

#4 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:08 am

Looks nice, hope you sell it for what you want. If you struggle on here, try ebay.

#5 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:41 am

Looks nice, hope you sell it for what you want. If you struggle on here, try ebay.

Hi and thanks for comments - it is nice & so do I :lol:

I have put it on preloved - its kind of appropiate. 

Just thought if anyone on here was looking for one.....

Don't really do Ebay - well I buy stuff, but never sold owt on there.

I'm not desperate to sell. It is tucked up in the shed doing no harm.

#6 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:04 pm

Then don’t, you’ll only regret it!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#7 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:17 pm

Then don’t, you’ll only regret it!

There are a few on here that can testify to that and have bought another one a year or two down the road.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#8 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:43 pm

Yeh I'm having second thoughts already

#9 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:52 pm

If you have the space and don't need the cash I'd hang on to it as has already been said, There's been quite a few wanted posts where people sold for something else only realise the grass wasn't as green elsewhere and wanted a TDM again.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#10 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:20 pm

So we’ll say no more about it then.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#11 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:23 pm

Very good that.
I put loads of smileys with that, and they never showed up.

But yes, we'll say no more about it.

#12 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:44 pm

All of your enquiries will be timewasters. It's just easier to keep and enjoy it yourself :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#13 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:33 pm

Haven't had any timewasters yet...

mmm - come to think of it, not had any enquiries either.

#14 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:26 pm

mmm - come to think of it, not had any enquiries either.

You've just dropped the price saying that, good job you're keeping it now.......

Get the feeling your'e being ganged up on? :lol: We're doing you a favour really.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#15 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:45 am

What a pain in the arse selling bikes. Just sold my boys cbf125. Had 2 proper punters, 4 chancers with silly low bids and 2 scammers.
Think I'll just let the rest of the bikes rot in the garden.

Wishing you a good experience Spike for a trouble free sale.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#16 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:13 pm

Last but one bike I sold was a BM 1100s. I advertised it on Preloved so was low profile. Weeks after got a phone call enquiring about BM. Guy rolled up, looked at the bike, told his mrs she could go home. Brought his helmet and gloves and said I'll have it. I hadn't started it for months. "It'll be fine " he said. It started straight away and he rode it home. He lived in the Dales.
I regretted selling the "s".
So lets call the TDM sale a slow burner and see what happens. I'll continue riding it in the meantime.
Thanks for all the advice & banter so far.

#17 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:24 am

I am on my 7th TDM. 

That is all.

Cats

#18 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:33 pm

Wow!
Hope you didn't crash the other six.

#19 nigenry

nigenry

arrived on last train

• 5 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:21 pm

Hi Spike
Is your TDM still available?
I have been after one for a while but forgot to look on Carpe until just now.
You can get me on 07792 202034 and we could have a chat about the bike.
Regards
Nigel

#20 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:12 pm

No Catsbum went off the rails into XTZ 1200, Moto Guzzi etc at probably vast expense before finding true enlightenment and returning to TDM fold. Happens to us all, I nearly bought a three wheeler Nikken before my practical head kicked in.

Edited by leehenty, 16 July 2020 - 08:12 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users