Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Additional Lights- Amps/watts/lumins.......

amps watts lumins lights fogs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NEUK

NEUK

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 59 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:21 pm

A mate has gs1150 with all toys. He has 2 spots each side so I am going to copy him as it looks good and extremely bright.  I think I shall make a double bracket attached to my crash bungs so one spot on top and one under. Each side. It wil be like a U bracket on its side.   The only thing is Im concerned of it the power 4 spots/driving lamps will draw.  Does anyone know what a tdm900 2005 can be subjected to? I know nothing about electrics. I have seen many adverts for light says so many lumins and so many watts of power blaaa blaaa blaaaa. It seems 12w is fine to draw??but anything more could be an issue?  What is the issue and what happens if more watts are drawn from the bike?How do I know what the maximum the bike will take before something bad happens?  ps, I changed a light bulb once ;)

NEUK Rider

#2 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:47 pm

Im going to be really interested in the replies to this post as im in a very similar position, as I want to fit a pair of 10w LED lights and not sure if I just tap into the lighting loom or run them off of a relay?  

2003 TDM900 in Galaxy Blue with 32k on the clock

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Oxford Heated Grips, Polisport Handguards, RM-G Crash bars & Centre Stand, Givi
Touring & Double Bubble Screens, Bar Risers, Renthal 755 Riser Bars,
Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#3 dicky1

dicky1

just half a litre to go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:30 pm

A mate has gs1150 with all toys. He has 2 spots each side so I am going to copy him as it looks good and extremely bright.  I think I shall make a double bracket attached to my crash bungs so one spot on top and one under. Each side. It wil be like a U bracket on its side.   The only thing is Im concerned of it the power 4 spots/driving lamps will draw.  Does anyone know what a tdm900 2005 can be subjected to? I know nothing about electrics. I have seen many adverts for light says so many lumins and so many watts of power blaaa blaaa blaaaa. It seems 12w is fine to draw??but anything more could be an issue?  What is the issue and what happens if more watts are drawn from the bike?How do I know what the maximum the bike will take before something bad happens?  ps, I changed a light bulb once ;)

I have a seperately swiched 50 w spotlight mounted between the forks aimed at the near side kerb to give me better visability when traffic stops you using main beam.. Works well for me..
The answer to yout question re draining the battery becomes evident if the battery drain makes starting the bike a problem.
TDM 900ABS, Suzuki DR250 twin-cam off-roader
Hers Honda XL1000, TTR250 off-roader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users