8 replies to this topic

#1 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:13 am

well always had a bit of  a hankering for these and one came up when i had a little spare cash - full set of ali panniers and top box and the tall screen seems useful

Attached Files

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:55 am

Very nice, i have a liking for them as well cos they are a bit different :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:24 pm

:good: Looking forward to the ride report.

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:15 pm

Is the TDM biting it?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:50 pm

Nice. I fancy a Uly too. There’s a tidy, low mileage ‘08 for sale, now if I could smuggle it into the garage... ;)

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:49 am

Congratulations.  Look forward to hearing more about it. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:43 am

I had a test ride on one of those years ago and it was a hoot to ride.  Bags of torque but it was raining so I didn't really get to see how it handled.  The indicators bouncing up and down on tickover are good comedy value :D

The lowish mileage demo bike had quite a bit of rust on the bottom of the silencer though, from the lack of it showing on yours I'd guess they fixed that on later exhausts.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 steves100uk

steves100uk

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 198 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:40 pm

What is it.

#9 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:43 pm

yes the engineering is different - engine oil in swing arm, fuel in frame and that big front rotor. Plus fully adjustable suspension which i need to play with a bit - it is set up for full load pillion and panniers i think - new belt drive on it as well - which does feel a bit different up and down the box . The last owner made the one piece rack and pannier supports and those aluminium panniers and top-box have a good capacity.

As Dablik says it can be a hoot - open that throttle and the blatt of that big v-twin through that after market exhaust and the kick in the seat of the pants - but a but highly strung for commuting - however get it out on the road and it seems planted and settled - once i get a few more miles on it will give a more informed view - but deceptive as well nipping on to the motorway to drop by work and just shifting up the gears before you knew it was 85 - but again planted and that big Puig screen gives good protection

Strangely for such a big looking bike very easy to maneuver about and feels lighter than TDM when pushing it around to get it turned around and pushed into garage

As for the TDM still MOT. tax and insured and as noted the Buell is not best suited to commuting - the inside of right thigh can get very hot - not helped by temp controlled fan on rear cylinder to aid cooling - so for now hanging on to it - but if i was thinking of letting it go - i would prefer it to go to someone here or associated

What is it.

Buell Ulysses XB12X - 1203cc

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users