#4681 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:47 am

Where did ya get the brake lines from Dabs ?

Favs, are you buying it anticipating getting numb bum when ya get back riding ?  I remember you saying summat about it a while ago, 500 miles max ?

I reasoned that once we're allowed out of prison I'd likely be out of shape :lol: and in need of a better seat in order to take increased advantage of the 9er. Yeah I'm restricting myself to 500miles as a approximate daily maximum - while I may be twice the man I was (mass), I'm not half as fit as I was, (still good-looking tho - ta Cliff  :P )

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#4682 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:39 am

After a loooong layup, finally began the process to return it to use. New gel battery - cue 'issues' with the alarm. Long story short, I followed guidance on the interweb and bridged the appropriate pins on the connector plug, and behold! the Kraken wakes :good:

Now to unSORN it, change the fluids and advertise it for sale.

Stu

#4683 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:10 pm

Where did ya get the brake lines from Dabs ?

Favs, are you buying it anticipating getting numb bum when ya get back riding ?  I remember you saying summat about it a while ago, 500 miles max ?

Wezmoto on ebay Studs, ordered 20mm longer and i always forget the left line is longer anyway, should of just had the right side longer  :huh: sorted anyhoo, the Venhills will be going up for sale before long, Venhills much easier to fit i find with the swivel end.

I reasoned that once we're allowed out of prison I'd likely be out of shape :lol: and in need of a better seat in order to take increased advantage of the 9er. Yeah I'm restricting myself to 500miles as a approximate daily maximum - while I may be twice the man I was (mass), I'm not half as fit as I was, (still good-looking tho - ta Cliff  :P )

Al you get way better looking after a beer or 3 sweety  :wub:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4684 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:21 pm

Yeah, it's not so much the miles, it's how one feels at the end of it. :lol:  a 2 week euro tour would sort you out matey.  Not that there's much chance of that soon mind.

Wezmoto on ebay Studs, ordered 20mm longer and i always forget the left line is longer anyway, should of just had the right side longer  :huh: sorted anyhoo, the Venhills will be going up for sale before long, Venhills much easier to fit i find with the swivel end.

Al you get way better looking after a beer or 3 sweety  :wub:

Cheers Dabs, good to know. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4685 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:18 pm

sorted out my engine bars;

They got a bit scratched (due to the bike falling over either side) and I wanted to fit some GS style highway pegs which needed a larger tube.

Got the tubes welded in and powder coated at Atherton Creative Engineering ACE

Dan has done great job 

Attached Files

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4686 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,090 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:17 pm

Nice !
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4687 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:23 pm

Yep nice indeed, something i want to do later on, drew are they those BMW footpegs, they look better than the addy picture, larger in fact, also did you only bolt the puck on the sidestand or glue it also.. nice job  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4688 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:30 pm

Yep nice indeed, something i want to do later on, drew are they those BMW footpegs, they look better than the addy picture, larger in fact, also did you only bolt the puck on the sidestand or glue it also.. nice job  :good:

I thought they were GS pegs but could be wrong. They were talked about in the forum somewhere

the puck I got from aliexpress and they are bolted together with rubber spacers

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4689 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:33 pm

Gs it is, was Ramo who had some initially..cheers matey..

#4690 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:55 pm

Test ride  TSellerie seat

#4691 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:36 am

Any Robin Hood Al ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4692 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:14 pm

Hi Ian.
Did around 100 miles yesterday and another 100 today. TBH it is deffo better than the stock seat but I cannot recommend the purchase of this seat (std height n length with gel F n R), for folk my lardiness just yet . I need to have a longer ride in order to see when it becomes uncomfortable.
I'll update in the near future I hope.

#4693 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:59 pm

Must be difficult to compare with having done so few miles the past year or so.

#4694 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:51 pm

I struggled with the Gel seat on my 9r, did'nt seem to make much difference from a normal padded seat except it was bloody roasting in sunnier climes and hard in the winter, generally i can manage big miles on a regular seat, well could anyhoo, i'm not rubbing your arse again Al  :P

#4695 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:21 pm

Hi Ian.
Did around 100 miles yesterday and another 100 today. TBH it is deffo better than the stock seat but I cannot recommend the purchase of this seat (std height n length with gel F n R), for folk my lardiness just yet . I need to have a longer ride in order to see when it becomes uncomfortable.
I'll update in the near future I hope.

You do need to "run em in" always better with a few miles on :good:

or is this an excuse to get Cliff round with the sudacream mmmm?

pattern emerging on this site, continue grooming Cliff :rotflmmfao:

Edited by ramo, 18 April 2021 - 06:22 pm.

#4696 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 07:42 pm

S'alright Steve it's nothing sexual, they just take advantage of my professional skills  :dunno:

#4697 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,359 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:52 am

S'alright Steve it's nothing sexual, they just take advantage of my professional skills  :dunno:

You keep telling yourself that and you may get away with the need for counseling....

I bet jim just said he was "fixing it" for you too. :huh:

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#4698 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:57 am

You keep telling yourself that and you may get away with the need for counseling....

I bet jim just said he was "fixing it" for you too. :huh:

:lol: the counseling is ongoing..

#4699 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:49 pm

Washed and lubed. Not too shabby for a 2002-er, paint is still near perfect.

Riding to work this week - finally!

Attached Files

Edited by Norwegian, 20 April 2021 - 05:51 pm.

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#4700 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:08 pm

moved 8 chainsaws and 3 hedge trimmers out of the way, looked at No7 and thought  'i'll pull the carbs of this weekend and clean them'. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users