• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Markfaulkner

Markfaulkner

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:20 pm

Hi I have a 2013 900 and just fitted a power commander III to fix lean fuel mixture issues. The bike now runs better but the speedo no longer works speed or distance travelled. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:36 pm

At a guess, knowing the speedo drive is on the front sprocket, one of the multi-plugs has been disconnected somewhere near the left rear of the tank area when connecting the PC3.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:43 pm

I would say you have not connected it right, it is possible........

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 Markfaulkner

Markfaulkner

arrived on last train

• 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:32 pm

Hi I have a 2013 900 and just fitted a power commander III to fix lean fuel mixture issues. The bike now runs better but the speedo no longer works speed or distance travelled. Anyone have any ideas?

At a guess, knowing the speedo drive is on the front sprocket, one of the multi-plugs has been disconnected somewhere near the left rear of the tank area when connecting the PC3.

Thanks, yeah I think it is all connected correctly I did it per the instructions and it runs correctly. I was hoping someone had had the same issue and would have a, do this solution. I will reconnect it all and try again. Thanks for your help. Mark

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:14 pm

Fuses ok?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:06 pm

Not an expert by a long way, but just thinking, my 900 has a PC fitted and there's a couple of harness plugs disconnected under the tank, I assume from sensors. Thought maybe the wrong one could have been left disconnected on yours. Just thinking......
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#7 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:17 pm

PC is literally plugged between the harness and sensors. No free plugs! At least not on mine. One issue I had was that there are two identical plugs but different colour. If I connected the right colours, as per instructions, it didn't work. Swapped them around and they worked perfectly. Oh, 06 900. Other models may vary?

#8 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:39 pm

The PC3 instructions do say to disconnect the O2 sensor (plug by left side of tank). I reckon it’d be worth a revisit to check.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#9 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:48 pm

+1 for that Twev
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#10 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:04 pm

Maybe you unplugged speed sensor not O2 sensor ?

Edited by leehenty, 10 March 2020 - 09:05 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#11 Markfaulkner

Markfaulkner

arrived on last train

• 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:00 am

Thanks everyone I am away with work this week when I get back home I will check it out properly and let you know if I was able to find the issue

#12 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:29 pm

Is it with ABS?

As far as I remember, the ABS sensor is used to pick up the speed(?)

#13 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:46 pm

Mine runs with O2 sensor connected on a map for that which was on the PC when I bought it. Just fine! No loose plugs.

#14 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:02 pm

Having the O2 sensor connected defeats the purpose of having the PC attached

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#15 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:20 pm

Having the O2 sensor connected defeats the purpose of having the PC attached

Not on mine! You are welcome to come down and ride her, with O2 connected. Then we take the PC off. Like riding with an on-off switch. Non of the usual mods made any difference. This did.

#16 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:45 am

Thanks for the offer. The O2 sensor will keep sending open/closed loop signals to the PC. Be better to let the PC do the full job properly  :pimp:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#17 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:22 pm

That's what the plan was. But with the PC coming with a map for the sensor connected I just put it in and it works just fine. It might possibly be better without, I wouldn't know, but it was way better than I expected. Happy as is.

Rob

#18 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 07:08 pm

Yep when I had a PC fitted I disconnected the o2 sensor and removed it from the exhaust, 

I must say I spent money on a PC plus a custom map on my last 9er, and it worked well,

I have been looking for a used one for well over a year now for my current bike, but not been able to find one,

last year a mate who was having fueling issues with his K 1300 recommended a booster-plug, I read loads of reviews but resisted,

anyway I wasted a year, I surccumbed  in November, and bougt one, it turned a pig at low rev's to a great smooth ride, its been brilliant for me  :good:

now I am glad I did't find a PC, well pleased :badgerrock:

#19 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:30 pm

I fitted a booster plug O2 fooler to my KTM 690 - really smoothed out the low load jerking

#20 tdmcullen

tdmcullen

sticking around

• 29 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:45 pm

I recently fitted a Jetprime reprogrammable control unit to my 9er, it came premapped and now it rides so much better. Much smoother and more responsive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users