#1 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:58 pm

Question for our Irish friends....

Is it better to fill up Here or Over there.. ?

And is there anywhere we should fill up at before we get to Castlegregory or does it not matter ????

Ivan wacko.gif
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#2 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:08 pm

According to AA.ie, average price around Ireland is €1.305. So I think that makes it a lot cheaper than U.K.

#3 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:39 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Wed 2nd Jul 2008, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to AA.ie, average price around Ireland is €1.305. So I think that makes it a lot cheaper than U.K.

...except around Dublin. I've been advised to keep enough in the tank to get around 15-20 miles clear of the Dublin area before looking to fill up.

Where's the nearest decent price to Castlegregory, Chris, for routine topup during he week? I'm always conscious of the Burger having a relatively small tank.

Edited by Pict, 02 July 2008 - 07:48 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#4 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:35 pm

http://www.pumps.ie/

gives updated petrol prices. Mainly eastern half of the country. Map image so you can find the stations.

Anyone who's bike uses a little oil, Might be a good idea to bring a litre or half litre container of oil. A lot of petrol stations have closed in the last five years. The few that stock any kind of oil are usually hugely overpriced and have very little selection.

Edited by danceswithmopeds, 02 July 2008 - 08:46 pm.

#5 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:41 pm

Petrol. If you are coming into Rosslare don't fill up at the harbour but travel on about 5 miles on the N25 until you see a Statoil station on the other side of the road before a roundabout. That will be cheaper. If you are coming into Dublin/Dun Laoghaire don't fill up in the city but wait until you are about 5 or more miles clear of the city down the N7 (the Limerick road) and you will get cheaper petrol in any of the petrol stations on the left. If you are coming from nornireland you can leave the motorway at Drogheda, fill up and rejoin the motorway. There are no services on the motorways (at least there were not last time I was on either of them). In general Statoil stations are the keenest for price - they seem to have a policy of matching the lowest price in any area. There is a Tesco station in Killarney with the cheapest petrol I have seen anywhere.

In Tralee the cheapest petrol is in either Statoil or Kelloil both of which are on the edge of the town and you have to pass them whether you arrive from Limerick or Cork. There is fuel at the local garage in Castlegregory but it will be more expensive. It would be good if you at least visit it once and put a bit of petrol in your tank there. Apart from the entertainment you will get doing this it will encourage the garage to stay in the fuel business and this is good for the village.

For those of you whose bikes might like oil there is a Halfrauds in Tralee in the Manor Shopping centre and they are open 7 days

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:17 pm

I see there's a town near Drogheda called Termonfeckin..............brill rotflmmfao.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:35 pm

Watch out for the town in Kildare called "Kill". Lot of sore necks passing first road-sign for that place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users