Photo

Yiss, Chipped Keys And Alarm Fobs (continued)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:52 pm

Earlier post re-written with photographs - may be OK for Knowledgebase

Background. Wanted to have the key and alarm fob as one unit as I had with my 03 non immobiliser 900. Because the keys are chipped for the YISS immobiliser I enquired at two local dealers how to go about this. Both local Yamaha dealers explained that I should cut carefully around the unknown location of the chip with a hacksaw. One dealer said that they would do it and it would be about one and a half hours labour.

Ignored that and as a last resort and did my own thing

Took off the Yamaha logos

Drilled the stamped top off the copper rivet

Pushed remainder of rivet out with a nail

Pulled the key shank out of the plastic bit

The chip and chip holder (which is the bit of separate plastic that can be seen before taking apart) then slides out and the chip is removed (grey lump)

Place chip in the space in the alarm fob (Datatool have a space just for this and I assume so do most other fobs) The chip is the grey plastic piece in the photograph below, that is sat in the left side of the alarm fob body

Cut metal key shank to fit in hole (in retrospect I should have got a £3.50 copy and used that as the start shape would have been better and the key in the fob would be central)

Shave down the packing piece from the area of the key fob where the key shank is now (I popped it into a vice and carefully sanded it down)

Fill the space around the key with araldite to hold it firmly (this is as it is offset – with a copy key this would probably be unnecessary). Do not get araldite into the threads of the small plastic closing nut

Screw the alarm fob back together (once the araldite is dry) and the jobs a carrot

Dealers Pah!!!! rotflmmfao.gif

Attached Files

Edited by dapleb, 24 June 2012 - 08:35 am.

NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:50 pm

a job well done Buzz, i'm glad ya took the time and patience to get it right as a replacement yam key would be expensive i assume ?!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 Sparra

Sparra

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:14 am

Whos' a clever boy then?
2002 TDM900. BMW 1150gs handguards, Oxford heated grips, Staintune exhausts, airbox mod, re-moulded seat, bar risers, Powerlec adaptor, bluetooth, 2way comms, K & N filter, Nonfango hard luggage, center stand, polished alloy wheels, (I'm not gunna)crash knobs

#4 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:42 am

a job well done Buzz!

I moved the thread (with trace) to the Knowledgebase and a referring link has been added in the initial thread.
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:36 am

Photos reinstalled from gallery bodge back into initial post.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users