• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:34 pm

Any advice on which one to buy?

These any good?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:07 am

Obvious but, check your headroom first.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:27 am

cheers Favs,  i shud be ok there i reckon.  

That item started as a 'buy it now' for £300 but nobody took the bait and bidding has started on it.  Anyone know if i stick £300 on it for my first bid will that

automatically mean 'i have bought it' or will it be just another bid and the auction will continue ?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#4 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:31 am

buy it now means exactly that - the auction is suspended and it is yours for 300 - there are a couple of others cheaper but i suppose it depends on location

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:34 am

No, buy it now disappears as soon as a bid goes on it sooooooo, you'll just be using the £300 to up the bid if anyone else is bidding against you.  You could pm the seller to see if you can go and view it, then make an offer if you want it.  Might even let you try it using your bike.

Looks almost identical to Sidey's bike lift, wot oi have ewesed, your back and knees will love you even more and those fiddly jobs are much easier too. :)  Easy to move around and easy to use single handed, think you can also use an abba stand with it.

I'd have wan in a heartbeat if I had somewhere to put it.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:34 am

buy it now means exactly that - the auction is suspended and it is yours for 300 - there are a couple of others cheaper but i suppose it depends on location

Thanks m8,  oil stick 300 on it and see if that ends the auction i guess!  It's about 40 mins away from me and looks *MINT* so i cud prolly pick it up as evening.

Just tired of scrabbling about on me knees and kneeling on pebbles and bolts (OUCH!)

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:35 am

Auction will continue if you bid £300 Wicky, it's bidding only now, no buy it now option...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:43 am

No, buy it now disappears as soon as a bid goes on it sooooooo, you'll just be using the £300 to up the bid if anyone else is bidding against you.  You could pm the seller to see if you can go and view it, then make an offer if you want it.  Might even let you try it using your bike.

Looks almost identical to Sidey's bike lift, wot oi have ewesed, your back and knees will love you even more and those fiddly jobs are much easier too. :)  Easy to move around and easy to use single handed, think you can also use an abba stand with it.

I'd have wan in a heartbeat if I had somewhere to put it.

woops just read yer post Studders,  I have contacted the seller and offered he the original BIN price. so les see if he rings me and accepts my offer? The only ting is, it's prolly a bit naughty to end the auction early as someone else has a bid on it ?  Sorry despite using ebay quite alot i have never boddered reading all the rules, do's & don't etc  !!!

#9 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:41 am

I have got the Sealey one and agree that they are great. I think they are much the same. They are all made in China. The only problem with mine is that the front clamp is crap. Didn't bother me as I had always intended putting one of these stands that when the front wheel goes on, it tilts and the bike is stable. I then stick a couple of straps round the engine bars just for added safety. I park one bike on it and the other to the side when not in use.

The hardest thing is getting the bike on when I am on my own. I wouldn't like to ride it on, as there is nowhere to put your feet if anything goes wrong. I drive mine up from the side using the clutch. I have never had a problem.

Ali

Edited by AliG, 22 August 2016 - 11:42 am.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:12 pm

tanks AliG.  

Seller text me and said he initially wanted £350 BIN which is untrue and wood accept £325,  I reminded he of our exchange of messages yesserday where he confirmed it did actually have a BIN of £300!  Either way i shudda hit BIN afore any bids were applied.   Les see if he comes back to me with a better deal.

Been offered anudder boike ferra song (that would make a total of 5 in our garage then FFS) but it needs work to get it back on the road, 1996 Triumph Speed triple 900 in black of course.

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:31 pm

didn't win it,   offered he £300 and he then said he'd originally wanted £350 (lies as it was BIN at £300) but wood settle fer £325. I declined,  noticed the auction was stopped as the 'item is no longer available'.

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:51 pm

Get young George in witheridge to make ya wan. He made wan as his final year project and ya wouldn't tell it from a bought wan. :-) building steel framed moo sheds has its advantages.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#13 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:05 pm

This is the one I bought and the price is still reduced. Amazon have a FoxHunter at £310 delivered and it also has the inspection plate at the back. You need to watch that there are 800lbs and 1000lbs on offer. Although the smaller one is still over 350kgs, it doesn't lift as high as the bigger one.

Ali

https://www.bodyshop...CFYVAGwodXeINSg

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B009P0TEUS

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:16 pm

Tanks Peater but oi'd rather buy wan as it's less messing around.

AliG i'll check them out,  i was really hoping to get the Clarke CML3 as i really loike the look of the front wheel clamp.

#15 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:28 pm

Consider one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.u...sd=112101802410

You will need the adapters but would probably need them anyway to suit the bike.

Advantage over a lifting bench is that you can get right underneath. Here's mine in use with another 6" of lift to go:-

Attached File  DSC07942.JPG   139.99KB   1 downloads

- and you cannae do this on a bench:-

Attached File  029.JPG   176.8KB   1 downloads

It clamps to the footpegs like this:-

Attached File  022.JPG   122.5KB   1 downloads

You will need a hunky drill of ~1,000 watts to do the lifting by turning the long lead screw but mine shown only cost about £25 and is of use elsewhere of course.

It stows away easily in a corner or even hang it on the wall, and is transportable in a car. No-brainer IMHO.

Edited by steve27bha, 23 August 2016 - 03:33 pm.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:27 pm

thanks steve27bha,    looks good but surely it's a bit  wobbly compared to a bench ?

#17 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:54 am

ihad a lend of a bench and it was very unstabe side to side, compared to my brothers sealy one it was rubish so becarefull what you buy because there is a difference in quallity plus seems to be a few home made one about which i wouldnt trust to put my bike on.

#18 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:50 am

I bought one of these - http://www.ebay.co.u...CoAAOSw-jhUGAlr

a few years back and I'm very happy with it - you need to make sure whatever you buy can take the weight and is long enough, I read stories of rear wheels hanging off the back of some models.

It would win the award as My Most Useful Purchase Ever if it wasn't permanently occupied by my "project bike" - funnily enough a Triumph of similar vintage to your Speed Triple! I'm still lying on the floor working on the TDM!

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#19 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:35 pm

thanks steve27bha,    looks good but surely it's a bit  wobbly compared to a bench ?

No.

I've done a full 16,000 service on it, stripped the bike out as shown, lubed the rear linkage etc. Nae bother.

The only thing I would not do on it is torque up the rear axle nut or a similar force. All you'd need to do is lower the bike to contact the floor, apply the torque and raise it again. That's what the drill is for!

It's rock solid, but my floor is good and level. Video exists of a raised bike being spun thru' 180' with ease and safety - not tried that myself.

A great example of where it scores over a bench is replacing the bolt in the middle underside of the engine for the exhaust. Dunno about yours but mine is a bit misaligned and needs access and force to get it going. With the lift I'm right in there, under the bolt, not working from the side thru' a 10" gap.

I was lucky and scored mine thru' Gumtree from only 5 miles away, as good as new, for about half price.

HTH

Edited by steve27bha, 24 August 2016 - 04:36 pm.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#20 donkeysdad

donkeysdad

sticking around

• 22 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:58 pm

I got  Sealey 365kg scissor lift type, and wouldn't be without a bike lift now. Trade off is that it takes up a fair bit of space in your garage, although is handy for cutting hedges :-)

I went for the scissors type as I figured it needs less space in the garage than the pivoting type. Truth be told the one I got was barely big enough for the FJ1200, and the bike was a bit of a handful to get on...the TDM just fits on too, but it's lighter so is easier to get onto its centre stand single handedly.

With hindsight (and if money was no object) I'd consider an ABBA Skylift, looks funky and takes up less room, but truth be told the one I've got does the job fine for less.

G

Live to Ride, dum de dum

1999 Mk 2, 'Mangonia'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users