Photo
- - - - -

Tdm 900 - Oil Pressure : Methods, Ways, Solutions To Measure This Important Data

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 November 2023 - 10:21 pm

Before you go to all that trouble make sure there’s an oil filter properly fitted and the metal sleeve is fitted in the front of the housing with an o-ring. Then put 4 litres of oil in it and see what happens. And make sure you undo the 10 mm oil gallery bolt on the side of the left hand cylinder to check oil flow.

Edited by chrisr, 24 November 2023 - 10:29 pm.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#22 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 November 2023 - 09:32 am

I still have one or two lying around in the workshop you are welcome to one for your project
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#23 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 01 December 2023 - 06:41 pm

A while ago now, (years in fact) I was in contact with someone on here regarding oil pressure adaptors for a 3vd. Stupidly, I deleted all my messages, I cant remember why but there was a reason. Would it be you Leehenty? Apologies if it's you and I stopped replying to messages. I am still interested but I understand if the 3vd ones are all gone. I wish Yamaha at least installed an oil warning light, considering the catastrophic result with running low on oil on an engine that uses it as a finger up to Eco warriors.

#24 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 02:39 pm

Yes it was me I still have the donor switches. I can make you one on the lathe
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#25 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:23 pm

Ooo, yes please! I'm in Spain though so would posting it be a problem?
Also, I've forgotten what's needed. Do I need to get a special oil pressure switch, if so which type? Thanks

Ps. I'm impressed that you can just "make one on the lathe". Some of us mere mortals couldn't make a blunt nail on a lathe.
:)

Edited by Pedro, 03 December 2023 - 08:27 pm.

#26 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:11 pm

I Ihave the right donor switch already I can post anywhere in world. Ill get one made and message you

#27 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:55 pm

Ok. Thank you muchly.

#28 sayhello

sayhello

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 10:43 am

hello you all  hello dear @Pedro, hello dear @leehenty  hello Chrisr 

many thanks for the repies. 

sorry - was very busy in the last few days - 

I still have one or two lying around in the workshop you are welcome to one for your project

this would be so awesome. 

btw: Pedro lives in Spain - i in Germany - perhaps we can share some parts of the project - guess that it would be very fruitful if we work on the same thing. 

i look forward to hear from you 

have a great day

regards

Matze

Edited by sayhello, 06 December 2023 - 10:45 am.

#29 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 03:22 pm

Dear Mr SayHello,I have brass adapter for an M10x1 NC pressure sensor with 90° to fit a 900 with a custom double banjo bolt. If you would like to pm me with your address

#30 sayhello

sayhello

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 09:43 am

many thanks dear Leehenty 

i have written a PM - i look forward to hear from you. 

regards 

Say ;)

#31 sayhello

sayhello

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 10:23 am

dear Leehenty 

it would be a great pleasure to hear  from you again.  

greetings

#32 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:14 pm

Dear Mr Pedro your switch is made.

Attached Files

#33 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 06:05 pm

Thank you! I have replied to your PM. Cheers, Pedro

#34 sayhello

sayhello

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 10:34 am

Dear Leehenty

sorry for the delay -   all looks awesome and very very promising. 

i have sent you my postal adress

have a great day

Regards 

#35 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2024 - 03:13 pm

Dear Mr Sayhello your 90° brass adapter has been despatched. Please note you will need to source an M10x 1, normally closed oil pressure switch as described in the JBX-TDM article

Edited by leehenty, 12 January 2024 - 03:39 pm.

#36 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,446 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 08:40 am

Snigger

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#37 sayhello

sayhello

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2024 - 09:31 am

hi again

many many thanks for the reply

So awesome  - many many thanks!

Dear Mr Sayhello your 90° brass adapter has been despatched. Please note you will need to source an M10x 1, normally closed oil pressure switch as described in the JBX-TDM article

I will digg  into all that. 

many thanks..

regards 

say ;)

Edited by sayhello, 25 January 2024 - 09:32 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users