big dave

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:07 pm

Hello chaps
Don't know if you have heard but I have had a fairly serious accident on my Tracer, the result of which is that my plans for 2018 have been shredded.
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pull out of any organisation of this year's carpe g2g.
I really hope that something else can pick up the baton and run with it. I'm sure Danny at Haggs Bank would be a perfect host for the event again and he is a pleasure to deal with.
All the best
DaveR

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:26 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you have a speedy recovery mate.  I'm sure we'll get some sort of G2G organised. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:42 pm

Be better sooner

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:05 pm

Blimey me Dave, hope all is well fella, did'nt know you even had a boy racer :D er i mean Tracer, joking aside, get well soon :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:07 pm

Hope you is on the mend BD.

Mayhaps someone will dust off the RTT this year instead.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:08 pm

Haggs bank was decent for sure, heard a lot about Bellingham also.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:03 pm

FFS! What happened, pm me if you prefer

Get better soon, Alan

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#8 tone

tone

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 179 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:32 am

Sorry to hear that Dave but glad you are still walking and talking my friend.

Never mind the G2G, last thing you need to worry about.

Hope you are well mate

#9 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:14 am

GWS Dave!

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#10 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:08 am

Sorry for just posting a message that probably created more questions than answers.

The key thing is I am ok.

I was out for a ride with a group of friends when I started feeling unwell. I therefore turned around and set off home. After about 4 miles I remember feeling a clatter and the ending up in a bush.I was concious immediately.
I have a pair of very sore shoulders (unbroken), it seems the shoulder pads did their job. The back protector less so though because I have ended up with stable fractures of my T12, C5 and C3 vertebrae .
My recovery is going well, the left shoulder is now more or less pain free, the right is getting there.
I obviously still have quite a lot of back pain, but I'm managing to reduce my pain control slowly.
The question is why did I pass out?
My theory is that it's the quite aggressive diet I've been on since the new year, I suspect that I was simply under fuelled for what was quite a cold ride out.
Anyway, until I get a clean bill of health I've been advised not to drive/ride.

Further investigations to follow!

Thanks for your support and concern chaps.

BigD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#11 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:41 am

That's good to know that you are on the mend, hope they pin down the cause and it is easily rectified. :good:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#12 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:33 pm

Sorry to hear that BD. Hope youre feeling better soon.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:27 pm

That's quite the accident Dave, hope the healing goes well.

#14 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:20 pm

ouch, glad your on the mend. Was it a diet recommended by doctors or facebook?

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:05 pm

Low blood sugar levels ?  I'm sure you/the docs will get to the cause. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#16 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:55 pm

Low blood sugar levels ?  I'm sure you/the docs will get to the cause. :)

If this is the case your obviously not eating enough cake David :huh:

#17 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:41 pm

Hope you're starting to feel better, Dave, and you get information soon on root causes so you can plan next steps

I have no meaningful advice to offer, but good wishes from friends, family and fellow-riders are a boost in themselves at times like this. Also an opportunity maybe to do a little bit of sitting-down stuff you've not been able to fit in in last few years. (finish off the family tree, write that article, start that blog. prepare that podcast ... or whatever) 

Meanwhile I know you will keep positive outlook, so keep it going!

Best wishes from us both

Pete 

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#18 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:54 pm

Hope you are mended soon Dave

#19 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:47 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave
Hope you're feeling better soon.

#20 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:54 pm

Very sorry to see what you've been through. Get well soon.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users