#21 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:14 pm

Attached File  image.jpg   140.97KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   87.24KB   0 downloads

Excuse the wonky photo. I had to check something on the bike this weekend so i thought i'd have a look. The top spigot on the petcock is the main inlet which goes to the R/hand spigot under the fuel tank. The left spigot underneath the fuel tank is the reserve outlet which goes to the BACK of the petcock. The other pipe pointing downwards under the fuel tank is the breather/ vent. The bottom spigot on the petcock is the main feed to the fuel pump which goes to the left spigot when looking at the pump as you have it in your photo. The R/hand spigot on the pump is the feed to the carbs. The spigot underneath the fuel pump as per your photo is the vacuum pipe which goes to a spigot on the aluminium cylinder head stubs as per Dabliks photo. Both stubs will have this spigot for carb balancing and yours should have both covered up if an electric one was used. The left one is usually used in standard trim. I'm sure either will do.  Lots of spigots  on the bike :)  I hope this helps and not confuse you even more!

Edited by Pedro, 21 January 2019 - 02:33 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users