#41 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:07 am

Personally if I was going to go from Berlin to Bergerac I'd want to take a lot more than 2 days as there's some nice looking country in between the two. Not sure but there might be a fair few people who wouldn't be too keen on doing both if they were back to back rather than both seperatly, but then again I could be wrong and it'd work out cheaper on ferries.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#42 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:16 am

3days via the alps would be do-able, 1 day would be a little blitzkrieg down through Germany
4days would be better, but that gives less time at the RTT

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#43 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:24 pm

I reckon it's time someone grasped the nettle and got on organising instead of pontificating, Is ther anyone in any of these areas where the RTT09 is proposed who can do this. As usual I won't know until 1 week before ranting.gif if I am free (no John Inman jokes) Given the choice the French option sounds triffick drinks.gif .

ANYBODY IN FRANCE ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#44 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:31 pm

'Pyrenees'

Here's my personal plan:

Portsmouth to Santander Ferry, 250 miles over to Tossa de Mar, Spain (real place) to stay with my best mate (apart from Tony wub.gif )

His place is some 150 miles south of the mountains, ride up there to meet u guys and then filter back through France

#45 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:32 pm

I am, but only until next week tongue.gif
I'd certainly be up for the Dordogne.....or the Pyrenees (will see them out of the window in the morning laugh.gif )

What about the Picos though ? - only a short ride from the Bilbao or Santander Ferry
& can recommend a nice place to stay

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#46 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:46 am

Wakey Wakey

#47 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:35 am

Dordogne sounds great. And it is more easily accessible from Belgium than Portugal tongue.gif
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#48 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:30 pm

QUOTE(duibhce Kaelann @ Sat 30th Aug 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dordogne sounds great. And it is more easily accessible from Belgium than Portugal tongue.gif

Was just thinking that myself...... sounds/look's good

Dave

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#49 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:35 am

Just for interest's sake I emailed Pieter and Renske at the motocamp in the Dordogne asking if they would be interested in a group of TDM'ers coming over (I said up to 30) for RTT09, possibly in June, and asking if they would do a discount for a group and could they suggest rides out etc. During my coffee break (no cake alas) this morning I got a reply. Here it is.

Hi Chris
I think we can accommodate you and the group. If we know early enough cabins, caravans etc won't be a problem. Also we can organise ride-outs, daytrips, visits to tourist things, canoeing, etc if you like. And of course we have special prices when you come together. As soon as you give me a list with your wishes we can calculate a special group deal. And of course, the sooner we know the better!!
Hope you have enough info for now and I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Oant sjen.. (see you in Frisian!)
grtzz
Pieter and Renske

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#50 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:03 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Thu 4th Sep 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for interest's sake I emailed Pieter and Renske at the motocamp in the Dordogne asking if they would be interested in a group of TDM'ers coming over (I said up to 30) for RTT09, possibly in June, and asking if they would do a discount for a group and could they suggest rides out etc. During my coffee break (no cake alas) this morning I got a reply. Here it is.

Hi Chris
I think we can accommodate you and the group. If we know early enough cabins, caravans etc won't be a problem. Also we can organise ride-outs, daytrips, visits to tourist things, canoeing, etc if you like. And of course we have special prices when you come together. As soon as you give me a list with your wishes we can calculate a special group deal. And of course, the sooner we know the better!!
Hope you have enough info for now and I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Oant sjen.. (see you in Frisian!)
grtzz
Pieter and Renske

Looks interesting Chris, and we've found thet RTT09 manager as well, you fool. rolleyes.gif

#51 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:47 pm

offering to organise 2 years in a row is just crazy....welldone that man good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#52 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:01 pm

Well done that man - I hope you can improve on this years RT cos it was shoite............................... pimp.gif tongue.gif

Dordoigne is a lovely area - I might take the bike behind the Bongo and make a few weeks of it.

There's an interesting museum of a village the Nazis rased to the ground and it's been left as it is to remind us of what went on at Oradour sur Glane - pretty chilling place - http://www.oradour.info/ - I think Nanook went ther last year

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#53 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:11 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 4th Sep 2008, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's an interesting museum of a village the Nazis rased to the ground and it's been left as it is to remind us of what went on at Oradour sur Glane - pretty chilling place - http://www.oradour.info/ - I think Nanook went ther last year

Called in there myself a couple of years back and it was quite a chilling experience.

It amazes me how inhuman man can be sometimes.

Well worth a visit !!

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#54 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:32 pm

Dordogne seems to be popping up alot.

how bout we start the polls and decision taking end october?
that allows some more time for more ideas and suggestions
more people to get envolved
and still ample time to get in good deals for the ferry and other.

joining the german do with a big bunch feels like party crashing. no?
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#55 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:38 pm

Let's do a poll then

#56 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:43 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 15th Sep 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's do a poll then

Start now? Is it stlil a question of where o go, before taking numbers (ref. the other thread on whether one's coming or not)?
This morning I mentioned heading off on my own for a week in the Dordogne, and at least got no immediate "No" from the missus, so at the moment it looks possible....

I do feel sorry for our Portuguese mates - it would be a great place to visit, but time and costs....?

Edited by Pict, 16 September 2008 - 02:52 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#57 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:47 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 16th Sep 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Start now? Is it stlil a question of where o go, before taking numbers (ref. the other thread on whether one's coming or not)?
This morning I mentioned heading off on my own for a week in the Dordogne, and at least got no immediate "No" from the missus, so at the moment it looks possible....

thats a week pass issued! niceone Ian!

My TDM :

#58 Ringo

Ringo

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:24 pm

Let me see:
1. My place -> Any place in Portugal = less than 550km => Let's go!
2. My place -> Dordogne = 1300Km => I'll have to think about it... but the ride would be nice...

Maybe I'll convence myself, and then convence Oigres, and we both go...? Hum Oigres?

#59 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:43 pm

I think a RTT in the Dordogne would be great,

I have just a few quetions,

Do you plan on stopping overnight on the way down and back?

How many days do you plan on staying down there?

Is a group run on the way down or just make your own way?

Speaking for myself it might work out cheaper for me to get a direct sailing and meet up somewhere,

Its just guys due to circumstances at home i need to plan ahead.

Paddy

#60 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:07 am

If it is the dorgdonk I'd probably do the over night ferry from Pompey to St Malo ride down as far as La Rochelle stay over somewhere and head on down the following day. same on the way back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users