AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:24 pm

Hello,

Do you need motorpaint for your grey metallic TDM engine? Try this!:

I don't know where to get it in UK, but I know where I can get it here in Norway. I painted the undertray/mudguard on my TDM with it and it looks good.
And I tried it on the motor as well and it looks like the exact match!
If the paint on your TDM engine is coming off this spray can is the solution you've been looking for.
Unfortunaley there's no web address on the can... Only this addrerss: OSCULATI S.P.S Via Pacinotti, 12 20090 Segrate (MI) / Italia.
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:09 pm

Thanks for that. This paint has been mentioned before. Then some Carpedians were rude to the poster (unusual I know) and he disappeared before anyone could get more details.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:25 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 23rd Sep 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that. This paint has been mentioned before. Then some Carpedians were rude to the poster (unusual I know) and he disappeared before anyone could get more details.

Well, sorry to hear that.
I don't care if anyone amuse themselves by being rude. All I care about is to provide some useful help to those who want it cool.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:28 pm

Nice work, it will help ALOT of 900 owners!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Sparky

Sparky

just half a litre to go

• 809 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:32 am

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Sun 23rd Sep 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know where to get it in UK, but I know where I can get it here in Norway. I painted the undertray/mudguard on my TDM with it and it looks good.
If the paint on your TDM engine is coming off this spray can is the solution you've been looking for.
Unfortunaley there's no web address on the can... Only this addrerss: OSCULATI S.P.S Via Pacinotti, 12 20090 Segrate (MI) / Italia.

This looks like a decent UK based alternative:
http://www.motortrad...osol_400ml.html

The silver-grey colour looks about the right match. Engine paint seems to be a particular weakness on the 900. Mine's less than 3 years old and the LHS cover is blistering nicely. mad.gif
Ex-TDM owner. Now riding a Sprint ST 1050

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:33 pm

i got that info written on a piece of paper in me wallet fer a few years now Dappers !! it's 'Tempo' marine enjun paint, dark silver 1984, with the numbers 6780-6403708 either printed on the can or used as a reference in relation to this type of paint.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:53 pm

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Sun 23rd Sep 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

Italian yacht chandler - website here and national distributors list here

Thanks AJB! Other (UK) source sounds good too.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:15 pm

Worth puttin in Knowledgebase?

[edit: I am not sure as I ride a mkI with proper paint]. cool.gif

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:18 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worth puttin in Knowledgebase?

well i dunno how accurate any of this info. is but i trust AJ's opinion on the paint and colour suitability plus we could do with more tit bits of info in the Know. Base imho.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#10 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:02 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rotflmmfao.gif

Yer never gonna admit the 900 is any good are you?

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:21 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yer never gonna admit the 900 is any good are you?

Yeah, the day I give up cake. smile.gif

#12 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:02 pm

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Sun 23rd Sep 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

Do you need motorpaint for your grey metallic TDM engine? Try this!:

... and here's the code printed on the cap of the can: 13968-22.
Let me add that I'm very impressed with this product; used with a fine and even touch it looks like a pro's been doing it!

TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#13 Sparky

Sparky

just half a litre to go

• 809 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:45 pm

AJ, do you need to spray over it with lacquer or does it have the same shiny finish as the original paint?
Ex-TDM owner. Now riding a Sprint ST 1050

#14 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:27 pm

QUOTE(Sparky @ Sun 30th Sep 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AJ, do you need to spray over it with lacquer or does it have the same shiny finish as the original paint?

As far as I can tell it has the same finish as the original paint, yes.
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#15 watto1

watto1

seems to like Carpe

• 49 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:45 am

Looking about on fleabay came across this so going to give it a try

Plastimo SEATOUCH Touch Up Spray paint for Yamaha Outboard Motors from 1994

Colour: grey blue metal

Size - 400ml

Ideal for spraying the whole engine or touching up any corrosion showing in your paint.

Quick drying !!!

Touch up sprays are available for other engines such as Suzuki, Tohatsu, Mariner etc.

For further information please email or call Mick on 01752 201003.

Ebay seller marinebazaar

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:19 pm

I just dug out a piece of paper thats been residing in me wallet ferrabout 5 years on which i have written; Tempo marine paint, number 6780-6403708, Yamaha motor colour= Dark silver 1984. Now i tink this may pertain to either MKI/MKII Frame touch paint or more likely TDM 900 enjun touch up paint.

#17 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:36 pm

http://motorbikepaint.co.uk/

This crowd do properly matched colours, only problem is, they will only send to UK addresses. I don't know about NI address. Contact them and see where they will post to.

#18 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:07 pm

Great link Dances, thanks good.gif . Anyone know if the frame colour "Titan Chrome Grey Paint" they state for my '02 yellow 'un is correct? I wouldn't have called it grey, more 'bronze' I'd say.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#19 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:04 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Mon 8th Feb 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://motorbikepaint.co.uk/

This crowd do properly matched colours, only problem is, they will only send to UK addresses. I don't know about NI address. Contact them and see where they will post to.

They do a 15ml touch up for my frame. £8+VAT+P&P= wait for it........ £16.45 ! for 15ml blink.gif

Then there's the base coat and laquer coat at eleventymillion pounds !

EDIT: forgot to mention, they will post worldwide, there's an option in the ordering process to specify which country. smile.gif

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 09 February 2010 - 03:08 pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:47 pm

LOL look at post #6 and post #16 !!! aforementioned piece of paper is still in me purse...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users