294 replies to this topic

#241 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:00 pm

Have you tried pulling off the vacuum hose, blowing in it a few time to help prime the carbs? Haha tdm blow job I think its called?

#242 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:21 am

Trust me to order parts from America! My fuel pump isnt going to be here until 12/05!!!! Blooming heck.

#243 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:26 am

Ive done one fork and seals, but the next Ill take pictures of. Cause we know you need proof Ive done it! Haha

#244 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:17 pm

:lol: that one pull apart okay Tom !!

Edit.... which method did you use ?

Edited by dablik, 15 May 2018 - 05:17 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#245 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:26 pm

Slide hammer technique! Haha it was quite simple! I was shocked to see the bushes looking like new!! I do have pictures, but it will not allow me to upload!
Also, I filled the tank up after new pump fitted, didnt start. I am presuming that it needs more priming than I gave it. But, need to charge battery! Haha close, so close!!

#246 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:29 pm

Slide hammer, you obviously had Weetabix for brekkie.

I put an extension on my fuel line and primed it by sucking it through partially and she fired up right away..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#247 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:47 pm

It was actually the brand new spark plugs, they decided to stop working! Just got to tune her up now. No air leaks, pump works and she runs! Idlig nice, ish, with a few pops. But, a little work needed! Haha
The thermostat wont stop leaking though😢

#248 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:15 pm

Have successfully silly coned a warped thermo housing on an old mk1, worked a treat.

#249 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:37 pm

Im going to use a new O ring and silicone it again! With industrial crap. Haha also, this is before I decided to paint the yolks and wheel. Haha and what shes like now!

Attached Files

#250 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:41 pm

Just painting the last few bits to go on. Headlamp brackets!! Then it should be ready for MoT!!
Im a little concerned for the front brake lever, aftermarket kind, you have to pump it to get the brakes to lock. They work with the lever, but not enough pressure! No matter how many times I bleed it. I might just go back to stock and repaint the bowl. A bit gutted, but safety over looks right?
I need to check chain and wheel alignment and fluids again.
I fixed the running issue, brand new spark plugs were buggered!
The running is a tad daft. But, it runs and rides. Will sort it out this week, I hope!! I need to set up the speedo and secure its magnets, spray the bracket.

Soon fellas!
Oh, and a good clean up! I have a bit of muc-off left! Haha

#251 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:51 pm

Come on Tom, ya lagging behind now matey, good luck at mot :waiting:

#252 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:07 pm

Magically, she runs ok!? Haha

I know, I know. Ive just washed her up, left her running for ten mins. Never missed a beat. Fluid check and lights checked. I need to align the headlamps and wheels now. Insure then book an mot!

#253 Swarf

Swarf

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:23 pm

Try cracking the top banjo bolt when you bleed, bet you've got air there.

#254 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:35 am

Try cracking the top banjo bolt when you bleed, bet you've got air there.

...or leave it overnight with lever compressed. Don't know why it works, but this has become my way for bleeding.

Edited by Bjørge, 22 May 2018 - 06:35 am.

Bjørge

#255 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:18 am

https://youtu.be/1Mf4CoVDoDs

#256 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:20 am

Well that's really informative.  Give us a clue as to what the video contains before I click on it please, ta.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#257 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:48 am

It is a video of the magical bike, which I have rebuilt. A few bits left to sort, rear seat and rear of the frame. Headlamp and a few other bits to paint.

#258 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:00 am

After the video was taken, and after another day. I walked into the garage and was greeted by the devils work. He has either given me some petrol, and spilt some on the floor under the bike or the carbs have dirt in them again. Fuel, seems to have seeped from the overflow. Not much, but enough to do my head in. Haha
Luckily I have a few new filters coming. Which I was going to take the tank off and fit later this week anyway, along with new vac pipes. Just another day in the life of my tdm! Haha

#259 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:02 pm

So, new filter and vac pipes fitted. Cleaned out the carbs, paint clippings again. Then checked the float heights while I was at it. Shes running and not leaking. Ill bolt everything down tomorrow, after a quick check of the heights again!
I swear they just adjust themselves whenever they wish! Haha.
I made a screen for her yesterday, mounted the original side lamp in it too.
Its literally just the carb problem holding me back now. So, hopefully it will all be ok tomorrow.

#260 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:21 pm

Shes sorted, running grand, no leaks now. Tank and seat bolted back on.
Just got to make the screen mounts and then align rear wheel. Will try to get it mot tomorrow! Saturday I should be riding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users