#21 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:43 am

That and the fact its going from 8 injectors to 2.

Should be ok because all its doing is modifying a signal thats already there, by a percentage. It's doesnt care at all about timing. The crank position feed is solely for rpm I believe

I picked up on the 8 injectors you mention earlier but didn't comment. A sophisticated machine that Suzuki !  (that particular bit of it anyway !)

You're probably right that it will work from the ECU derived injector signals, because in some bikes, such as the TDM, the injectors open before the inlet valves open, at high revs (according to when I put an oscilloscope on mine anyway) and then fire quite late at lower revs with low load......I think there was at least a 25 degree difference in timing between the extremes of RPM

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#22 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,744 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:43 pm

Dear mods
Please can we have a warning on posts of this nature. I suffer from migraines and have intrinsic low self esteem, both of which are exacerbated by being drawn into threads like these!
Unfortunately, I find them strangely compelling, probably because of my complex self destructive OCD condition.
Only joking of course, but my lack of technical ability prohibits me from finding how to apply those winking laughing little yellow faces on my phone.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#23 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:04 pm

I'm going to start tonight. I want the bike back on the road asap. 

the only thing niggling in the back of my head is how do I get the wiring of the injectors right. from experience I believe the injector wiring is the same as the suzuki (I know this from my traction control installations - going from teh r1 to the fireblade I had to swap the pins in the plugs round, the suzuki was the same as the yamaha) 

its going to be a suck it and see. 

#24 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:22 pm

On most vehicles (cars + bikes) Injectors are ground-side driven.

There may be some exceptions (like the +5V injectors), mainly on middle-ages horse-powered trolleys...   :P

Just be sure the injectors are from the same kind : low impedance (around 5-6 ohms) or high impedance (above 10 ohms).

Edited by JBX, 03 May 2018 - 01:24 pm.

top_640.png

#25 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:41 pm

would it matter?  all the unit is doing is taking an existing signal and modifying it by a percentage. 

I know am treating this a bit like a black box, but to be fair even if it wont work there is nothing I can do about it. 

#26 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:12 pm

Dear mods
Please can we have a warning on posts of this nature. I suffer from migraines and have intrinsic low self esteem, both of which are exacerbated by being drawn into threads like these!
Unfortunately, I find them strangely compelling, probably because of my complex self destructive OCD condition.
Only joking of course, but my lack of technical ability prohibits me from finding how to apply those winking laughing little yellow faces on my phone.

I'll ask for a dummys guide to wot actually happened when the topic is concluded. :good:

;  ) but without spaces, for wink ;)

: lol : for laughing :lol:

: huh :  for huh :huh:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#27 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:13 pm

The difference should not be that serious, but in the very unlikely case the injector drivers are designed only for high-impedance injectors, you may experience over-heating with low-impedance injectors due to an around three-times higher current.

I would be more concerned with the Suzuki / Yamaha compatibility issue !  ;)

top_640.png

#28 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:30 pm

I would be more concerned with the Suzuki / Yamaha compatibility issue !   ;) - kai?

Edited by Coxylaad, 03 May 2018 - 02:31 pm.

#29 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:53 pm

Question. Does it matter which side of the crank position sensor I tap into?

My plan is to get the crank position and the tps wired in, put power onto the unit and see what if a) the bike still runs, and b) the bazzaz unit is reading the rpm and throttle position values

#30 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:43 pm

Ok. I have the unit reading the rpm from the crank position sensor. It's working, however the crank pickup must be different as the revs it is showing is half what it should be. I think that's game over for this experiment

#31 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:27 pm

Ok. I have the unit reading the rpm from the crank position sensor. It's working, however the crank pickup must be different as the revs it is showing is half what it should be. I think that's game over for this experiment

might still work if you build a map for rpm/2

#32 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:06 pm

I thought that. Would be a bit of a fudge though wouldn't it. Mind you the bazzaz has a resolution of 500rpm intervals. It just means they will be 1000rpm intervals.

#33 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:23 pm

Oddly enough the TDM crankshaft position sensor sends 12 pulses per revolution while on the R1 it sends 6 pulses, same as the FJR & most Yamaha bikes.

So that means the Bazaaz expect 24 pulse per turn... hum !

There must be some kind of parameter somewhere that tell the Bazaaz about the number of crankshaft pulses/rev.

top_640.png

#34 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:07 am

Unfortunately that seems to be hard coded in

#35 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:00 am

You can get cheap frequency multiplier IC's but they mostly only start working at much higher frequencies. It isn't difficult to make a simple circuit which will create pulses in between the existing ones, but not with the expected AC pulse waveform. (assuming the  unit can tell the difference between that and a 12V dc pulse)

#36 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:01 am

ahh I didnt really want to get that far into signal modification etc. 

are there any other bikes that have 12 pulses per revolution on their crank wheels?

#37 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:03 pm

bollocks to it, I am just going to put it back together and see what it runs like.

#38 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:24 pm

bollocks to it, I am just going to put it back together and see what it runs like.

You might want to keep your bollocks away from it...

#39 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:08 pm

Now yer talking my language. :lol:  Might as well enjoy the lovely weather for the next few days eh. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#40 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:55 pm

Now yer talking my language. :lol:  Might as well enjoy the lovely weather for the next few days eh. :)

As wise as Yoda.

may the fourth be with you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users