Remove original

Fit bracket

Fit summer screen

Summer screen

Fit winter screen

Winter screen (adjustable height)

Side view

Bar risers

The screen mounts are for a double curvature and at too shallow an angle.  The bracket allows a single curvature screen and a steeper angle.  The winter screen and its adjustable mounts are Givi, not sold for the TDM but available ebay as spare parts.

(Yes, the mounting screws will be plastic all elfin safety).

Yes, it does work - the steeper angle is the key.  Bar risers to personal choice.

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#2 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:17 pm

Looks great. How do you rate the bar risers. I’ve seen that type but wondered how sturdy they are?

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#3 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:38 am

With the higher screen and no wind on your chest the bar risers help to take some load off wrists.  I am long in the body but for more conventionally proportioned riders the risers may be too high.  As for security, they feel as secure as without.  Leverage is the same as it would be with higher bars.

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#4 PeterM91

PeterM91

seems to like Carpe

• 70 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:50 pm

Hi Hombre!

I assume you've made the summerscreen yourself.

Can you provide some more information about how you did that?

And about the size, material and thickness?

It looks to be pretty effective in keeping the rider out of the wind.

At the Ouestlekeum forum someone has put the givi airflow part on a genuine high yamaha screen.

That looked pretty ugly. But this combination looks really nice!

#5 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:46 pm

Hi Hombre!

I assume you've made the summerscreen yourself.

Can you provide some more information about how you did that?

And about the size, material and thickness?

It looks to be pretty effective in keeping the rider out of the wind.

At the Ouestlekeum forum someone has put the givi airflow part on a genuine high yamaha screen.

That looked pretty ugly. But this combination looks really nice!

Peter,

The Yam screens are double curvature.  If you mount the Givi Airflow to one, the angle is shallow.

Yes, the summerscreen is made by me, single curvature.  Acrylic, 3mm is ok and suits the Givi brackets. It was formed over a curved thingy I had lying around after oven heating ithe acrylic first - check out youtube.  Givi sell this arrangement but not for the TDM.  You could cut down a scooter screen to fit and avoid the heat forming.

The bracket allows the single curvature to fit and at the same time, triangulates the screen apperture to stiffen it. It takes a while to work out the angles.

You will get some buffeting at motorway speeds but quiter than with head in full airflow and you can ride with the visor part way up.  Below that, its pretty quiet.  Also, you get the Givi height adjustability.

AT MOT time, you might not get away with it.  Also, I made this for myself and accept the consequences.  None of the above is a recommendation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users