enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:11 am

QUOTE(MotoBloke @ Mon 11th Oct 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ozmoto Craig - excellent! good.gif
See ya soon,
Tom.

It just clicked when I read through your sig.

Transalp Tom!!

Haven't seen you since you were airlifted out of the TTT!!??

Craig

Edited by OzMOTO, 12 October 2010 - 04:29 am.

#102 TimH

TimH

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:38 am

QUOTE(OzMOTO @ Tue 12th Oct 2010, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My tyres are getting down .... anyone know of any dual purpose tyres that fit the 900? I did look a few years back but couldn't find any.

Craig
www.ozmoto.net

From my research you'll need to put a rear reversed on the front to get anything half decent in 18 inch for the dirt.

Anakee rear/Sirac front has had good reports, but Sirac is a tubed tyre, so you need to be comfortable with running a tube in the front, or running a tubed tyre tubeless. I'm not happy with either option.

I'll probably be trying a set of Distanzias soonish, or maybe Distanzia front/Tourance rear.

None of them are really good dirt options but ok for dirt road touring from what I read. Of course, you could put TKC knobbies on front and rear..... rolleyes.gif

Well, as for the tour I'm officially out - work, family and financial commitments mean I can't make it.... damn shame, was looking forward to some great riding, but I'm sure you blokes will tell us all about it when you get back tongue.gif

Have fun, and ride safe...

#103 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:14 am

Well, as for the tour I'm officially out - work, family and financial commitments mean I can't make it.... damn shame, was looking forward to some great riding, but I'm sure you blokes will tell us all about it when you get back tongue.gif

Have fun, and ride safe...
[/quote]

Hi TIm, very sorry to hear you wont be joining the fray but thanks for letting us know. We will do pictures!
cheers Graeme

#104 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:27 am

Doyle & Shields, the Yam /Honda dealer in Bairnsdale have given us a couple of "care packs" (ok, 4 cans of spray stuff) to give away. Nearly $40 each. So, good on them.

Snigdog take note, the prize pool grows.

cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 12 October 2010 - 09:29 am.

#105 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:38 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Tue 12th Oct 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doyle & Shields, the Yam /Honda dealer in Bairnsdale have given us a couple of "care packs" (ok, 4 cans of spray stuff) to give away. Nearly $40 each. So, good on them.

Snigdog take note, the prize pool grows.

cheers Graeme

Graeme, noted, good work! Sd

Edited by Snigdog, 15 October 2010 - 02:55 pm.

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#106 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:03 am

A minor update. Brenton from SA is a definite starter but not till Wed. We will meet him in Bright so instead of turning towards Harrietville to grab afternoon tea we will turn right and go into Bright and down to Howitt Park. Brenton will be there by 3 and we should be around that time also (oh look there goes that flying pig). For those of you with interests in this direction, there is adjacent to this area, a micro brewery that offers a special drop. To take away of course!
Weather will be good but cold in mornings for first day or two, spectacular days i do think await us.
Checked out the Camp today, rather than make up beds have suggested to Damian that they just leave bedding out and we can make our own as required, he's fine with that. Thought there was a good tv to go with the dvd player but no, its a tiny little thing, unless can find a bigger tv forget thoughts of mbike vids before bed.
cheers Graeme

#107 aussie9

aussie9

• 62 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:13 am

sorry guys, will not be able to get there now,

Graeme, pm sent.
Ian
miles <===> smiles

#108 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:23 am

QUOTE(aussie9 @ Fri 15th Oct 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry guys, will not be able to get there now,

Graeme, pm sent.

Thanks Ian, shame, but thanks. PM sent
cheers Graeme

#109 OzMOTO

OzMOTO

• 54 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:06 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Fri 15th Oct 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rather than make up beds have suggested to Damian that they just leave bedding out and we can make our own as required, he's fine with that.

Can you please clarify what the bedding consists of? What do we get for our $25 a night? The web site says linen is extra. I don't want to bring a sleeping bag if not needed. Space on the bike is at a premium rolleyes.gif

Do we bring a towel or are these supplied?

Looking forward to next week!

#110 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:13 am

QUOTE(OzMOTO @ Fri 15th Oct 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you please clarify what the bedding consists of? What do we get for our $25 a night? The web site says linen is extra. I don't want to bring a sleeping bag if not needed. Space on the bike is at a premium rolleyes.gif Do we bring a towel or are these supplied?Looking forward to next week!
Hi OM, bedding is included (for us anyway). The fact that some might have a sleeping bag, and prefer that, is partly why the bedding will be left for us to use as required. By not having the beds made up there is an option to choose where you bed down as well.Towels are BYO.cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 16 October 2010 - 09:14 am.

#111 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:55 am

Sherlock (qland) has made his apologies. Unexpected issues have prevented him making it to the GP as well as TDUT. Has wished us a great week.
cheers Graeme

#112 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:07 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Fri 15th Oct 2010, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A minor update. Brenton from SA is a definite starter but not till Wed. We will meet him in Bright so instead of turning towards Harrietville to grab afternoon tea we will turn right and go into Bright and down to Howitt Park. Brenton will be there by 3 and we should be around that time also (oh look there goes that flying pig). For those of you with interests in this direction, there is adjacent to this area, a micro brewery that offers a special drop. To take away of course!
Weather will be good but cold in mornings for first day or two, spectacular days i do think await us.
Checked out the Camp today, rather than make up beds have suggested to Damian that they just leave bedding out and we can make our own as required, he's fine with that. Thought there was a good tv to go with the dvd player but no, its a tiny little thing, unless can find a bigger tv forget thoughts of mbike vids before bed. cheers Graeme

Its ok, latop, projector and screen. "On Any Sunday" screening monday night.
cheers Graeme

#113 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:13 am

Have a great time chaps. Very jealous of ya all.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#114 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:32 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 16th Oct 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have a great time chaps. Very jealous of ya all.

Hi Dapleb, thanks but it gets worse. Intend to post to web page daily just so you can share our joy. drinks.gif
cheers Graeme

#115 Guest_brentong_*

Guest_brentong_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:40 pm

QUOTE(graeme @ Sat 16th Oct 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its ok, latop, projector and screen. "On Any Sunday" screening monday night.
cheers Graeme

Great choice of meeting place Graeme Looking forward to catching up

#116 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:02 am

Was at the camp today. Sheets, blankets and doonas, pillows are there. Towels are there
A good safe trip for everyone. Am picking up the key at 10.30. There is a high police presence on the road.
Will pick up coffee (not instant) milk, sugar etc.
See you tomorrow
cheers Graeme good.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users